British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Leceister Lions 5/8/15

We are 2nd worst team. You have earned the right to be called worse all season long.Try catch us up if you can.

Didn't the lions hammer your poor wolves team 53-39 ? You have only lost to Leicester not yet beat them this season Steve so I say your the worst team.

I think Poole will be in cruise mode to at least 55 points, reserves play a big part and I can't see greenwood hitting Garrity types scores yet as it's such a big step up for him so the lions are to weak.

full respect to any lions fans going to Poole.

Didn't the lions hammer your poor wolves team 53-39 ? You have only lost to Leicester not yet beat them this season Steve so I say your the worst team.

I think Poole will be in cruise mode to at least 55 points, reserves play a big part and I can't see greenwood hitting Garrity types scores yet as it's such a big step up for him so the lions are to weak.

full respect to any lions fans going to Poole.

6 points clear says different, the Lions have 4 matches on us and one of those away at Poole tonight.

Wolves are poor, but Leicester have been even worse this year.

I couldn't care less who beats who to validate an argument, the battle is on between us, Lions and Hammers as to who finishes bottom in October. My money (if I was a betting man) is on Leicester for the 2nd year running.

Good luck to them if they do get a run on from now on in. I just don't see it however.

To fit Magic, Holder & Darcy in next season. Let's face it, Poole are almost certain to qualify for the play-offs, so Fat Maude would be looking to next season.

We havn't finished with this one yet...

6 points clear says different, the Lions have 4 matches on us and one of those away at Poole tonight.

Wolves are poor, but Leicester have been even worse this year.

I couldn't care less who beats who to validate an argument, the battle is on between us, Lions and Hammers as to who finishes bottom in October. My money (if I was a betting man) is on Leicester for the 2nd year running.

Good luck to them if they do get a run on from now on in. I just don't see it however.

Won't we still have 4 matches after tomorrow night, you are at Belle Vue remember. Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1

Doolan at 2; Olly Greenwood at 7; Still waiting for Auty's replacement!

Lee Payne confirmed for Auty at 6.

Just a heads up - heavy showers forecast for early evening tomorrow.

Really bad that Auty is 2nd on the tier 1 draft and yet they have to use a rider low down on the tier 2. Huge disadvantage

Really bad that Auty is 2nd on the tier 1 draft and yet they have to use a rider low down on the tier 2. Huge disadvantage

Yeah shocking! :approve: Lets hope that Paul Starke can stay on his bike a bit more. He's getting as bad as milik lately in both EL and PL!!!! :wink:

Edited by Skidder1

I've started rain dancing already

It's our only hope

• Like 1

If Poole have a top 3 of Ward,Holder & Majic next year the rest of us may as well drop into Premier League , there's not enough interest from GP riders to ride here to be any competition in other teams , so if there is some manipulation of rules it will be the whole Elite league that suffers , Sky will drop it at some point , Hans Anderson and Chris Holder seem both to be riding badly tho I hope they ain't doing anything silly . For me having Darcy in our team has been fantastic , like the days of Leigh Adams , when we were always good , I can understand Poole's fans wanting all three back together but it would be such a boring league it could be the last straw for a lot of other fans from other clubs , Swindon may as well drop down , as I don't like saying it but Bachelor/Kildemand and whoever will not be good enough , I hope we can somehow convince Ward to stay but I doubt it

• Like 2

Won't we still have 4 matches after tomorrow night, you are at Belle Vue remember.

Yes you will, and you have to get points in those matches.

If Poole have a top 3 of Ward,Holder & Majic next year the rest of us may as well drop into Premier League .

Sadly..............this is true.

• Like 1

If the Pirates don't hit the 60 point mark tonight I will be very surprised, I'm pretty much just waiting for the playoffs to start to see a close meeting at Wimborne Road again *sigh*

In fairness the three under strength teams are Leicester, Wolverhampton and Lakeside. I personally don’t think there is much to choose between them.

I enjoy the racing in the Elite League. Generally speaking, I find it to be closer and not as strung out as the premier league. The big down side is the number of teams in the league and the constant use of guest riders (sometimes as many as 4 or 5 in one meeting).

I watch Swedish speedway on BES and to me that is a fantastic league. I think they have got it just about right. They seem to be able to attract a more even spread of riders in the teams. Certainly the teams contain the best riders in the world and make our top flight look pretty tame in comparison.

I guess at the end of the day it’s all about the money ! ohhhhhhhhhhh and Poole to win easy.

• Like 1

Lindback in top form better watch out Noddy. This time of year nobody is safe!

Most of them should get double figures tonight.