British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Gorzow Gp 29 August

Take F1 as an example, recently and sadly one of the F1 "family" dies because of serious injuries sustained in 2014, Jules Bianchi. I never heard any interviews with F1 drivers include swear words, in fact never heard any swear words on any of the interviews on F1 over the years. Yet F1 gets masses of sponsorship and plenty of TV time.

Just this morning speaking to a friend of ours, her daughter just moving out of the home they had owned for a few years. They invested money into it, new bathroom, new kitchen etc, yet they moving out Why?. Next door neighbour not only noisy, but the noise is the shouting of the young mother to her young kids. Not just shouting though - swearing including regular use of the F word. THAT could be the acceptable norm in a few years time. Are you ready for it.

No offense Joe but that's a separate issue. Tai did something a bit out of character and wasn't his greatest moment but everyone is allowed a slip up.

In every other way he's acted exemplary so let's forgive him on this one and just appreciate watching an absolute genius at work which he really is at the moment.

And by the way what a GP that was. I was fearful after the first 2 rounds but since then been a cracking series.

Edited by PNYC

So Greg Hancock wears Darcy Wards colours as a tribute to his good friend, and that makes him in your opinion, 'look like a prick'.

Well I guess that tells us something about the kind of person you are.

Where have I said that? What makes him look a prick is standing on screen wearing them stupid flat peak monsters caos holding a can of monster 6 inches from his face and grinning like a retarded gimp.

I actually like the thing he's doing with his kevlars this season.

Edited by SCB

Still a bit harsh bud..

If someone came up to you and your wife and started feeing and blinding, would you accept it. I wouldn't/couldn't

It would surely depend on context and circumstance.

If they were a random drunk simply swearing they would be told to go forth and multiply.

If it was someone who had just witnessed an accident and were in a state of shock I would probably be understanding.

One thing though, neither the possible scenario, nor the situation with your neighbour have a thing to do with Woffinden conveying his emotion of the tragic situation of his close friend, in such circumstances who the hell is anyone to tell someone how they should or shouldn’t act, or how they should feel.

• Like 5

I think people who feel the need to swear when getting their point across just lack vocabulary...

Thats F**king Me then, I can't open My B**tard mouth without Tw*tting swearing!....But then I'm of that generation..I'm 53! :rofl::drink:

Some of Doyle's moves last night were" hard and dangerous" not "hard but fair" IMO .Has had a few in the last few Gp's .

Agree, lets just be thankful it isn't a certain Danish rider, it wouldn't only be Mr. Woffinden using industrial language as this forum would turn the brightest blue overnight.

So Greg Hancock wears Darcy Wards colours as a tribute to his good friend, and that makes him in your opinion, 'look like a prick'.

Well I guess that tells us something about the kind of person you are.

Yeah, SCB is wrong this time, big time wrong!

Where have I said that? What makes him look a prick is standing on screen wearing them stupid flat peak monsters caos holding a can of monster 6 inches from his face and grinning like a retarded gimp.

Oh you do, fair enough, perhaps I'm wrong then!

My pics from Gorzow here: http://www.baansportfansite.nl/nieuws/820/massale-support-voor-darcy-ward-tijdens-speedway-gp-in-gorzow.html :party:

Will upload some pics from a boiling hot day in Poznan tomorrow. Cool to see a big group of British speedway fans there :t:

Shock, horror! Somebody being paid to advertise a product holding it up to a tv camera!

So what if he wears a flat peak monsters cap, (I think that's what you meant to say!) And he grins a lot. The guys probably happy, I think I'd be if I'd achieved what he has.

Woffy and Noddy hold their cans up for the camera..Are they pricks?

Woffy and Holder do not hold bottles 6 inches from their face. To hold it while being interviewed.

Hancock interviews are embarrassing. I watch them and cringe. Holder on the other hand always come across as a decent, down to Earth guy.

If Hancock is always that happy it must be damn annoying to spend more than 10 minutes with him. The reality is he's not, I've met him. His interviews are fake.

Woffy and Holder do not hold bottles 6 inches from their face. To hold it while being interviewed.

Hancock interviews are embarrassing. I watch them and cringe. Holder on the other hand always come across as a decent, down to Earth guy.

If Hancock is always that happy it must be damn annoying to spend more than 10 minutes with him. The reality is he's not, I've met him. His interviews are fake.

The man is a 3 time world champion, who is still at the top of his game at 45 years of age.

He most definitely is not a prick.

Show some respect!

I don't understand what your problem is with Hancock? you are like a dog with a bone if you don't like watching him turn over simple really.
  • Like 1

LOL you've upset the fuddy duddys SCB.

I'm not a fuddy duddy. I went to a Keane concert last week!

If I remember correctly (with my fuddy duddy brain!) Even Ivan Mauger-the second best rider who ever lived, went downhill at 44.

Whereas Greg Hancock is still riding high.

I won't hear a word said against him.