British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Gorzow Gp 29 August

So does Buzz Burrows know its cr*p as well?

it`s crap that you are completely changing the subject-Tai Woffinden swore twice on live TV -I find that un-acceptable. It`s my opinion that he should have apologised.

• Like 3

What about Shakespeare - he puns on "country matters" in Hamlet, which is a far more offensive word that the one Tai used. Should Hamlet be banned from schools?

Pretty much all of the best programmes on TV contain profanity. The same goes for most modern novels, movies etc.

Why is swearing more offesive in the context of an interview when someone is expressing support for a fiend who has sufferred a potentially life changing injury?

I was at Gorzow and thought I was seeing things as Woffinden was in the lead and then put his left hand out to signal to the rider behind to take the inside.Very strange,seen it in team events but never an individual one,something going on somewhere.

the most blatant team riding i've seen was the run off in the 82 overseas final, where the two Collins brothers road to keep Shaun Moran behind them (ironically Moran was only in the run off because of the infamous Penhall antics earlier in the meeting). And of course you have the 82 inter continental final where Ole was waving frantically to Eric Gundersen to let Bo Petersen past (as the extra point meant Petersen got a run off for the reserve spot iirc).

Pretty sure ive heard Zagar swear on live tv a few times as well

it`s crap that you are completely changing the subject-Tai Woffinden swore twice on live TV -I find that un-acceptable. It`s my opinion that he should have apologised.

I'm not changing the subject, one rider is described as showing his 'class'. Well I don't buy his hypocritical 'class'.

So a rider swore on live TV, whoopy doo! In case you've noticed, swearing is a part of life, it exists in vast amounts of modern entertainment. It's only ever a very, very small minority that objects.

The sport would be better off with more raw emotion than the scripted, smiling, grinning sickly nonsense we usually get.

• Like 2

Tai and Bartosz are team mates in Sweden. Tai was clearly just telling him to stay on the inside and he'd hold his position and keep Nicki back.

As for KK doing anyone favors .. dear me. As SCB says he and Tai had a spat just last week.

Ok. I don't follow any of the national leagues, so wasn't aware of the the relationships with the riders. Is KK not well liked among the other riders? I can see there being some words exchanged in the heat of the moment, but with Nicki I am under the impression that it is different, and he doesn't have many friends among his fellow competitors.

BTW, I find it hilarious that people are arguing about swearing on TV for several pages :lol:

I've got no problem with riders swearing during interviews as long as it's past the watershed, 9 o'clock isn't it?

I had to chuckle last night when Nick Morris and Troy Batchelor were having a chat and Nigel Pearson apologised because there might have been swearing but he wasn't sure!

It's a good job he's not a mind reader or he'll be apologising for riders who were thinking of swearing. :lol:

I've got no problem with riders swearing during interviews as long as it's past the watershed, 9 o'clock isn't it?

So No Shakespeare in English Lit lessons during school hours? :)

Niamh

When a GP is in another country they might well be past the watershed in that country.How are we going to cope when the GP gets to Australia? :rofl:

When a GP is in another country they might well be past the watershed in that country.How are we going to cope when the GP gets to Australia? :rofl:

Nobody swears in Australia, do they? :wink:

• Like 1

Couldn't give a 4x about the way this topic is turning out.

Swearing, fixing rides, knocking off riders on purpose etc.

I will go and get my pipe and slippers as this is getting juicier than a Del Monte conspiracy.

• Like 1

That`s just wrong.

• Like 1