British Speedway Forum

Have any stadium improvements started yet? I'd hope so what with the weather being so mild, ideal opportunity to get cracking.

Has anyone been down to look?

I believe John Sampford will still be at Rye next year his knowledge of the rule book and work behind the scene will be important in the new set up...I think the Raiders are also a strong possibility also to maximise the use of the stadium..

Edited by waco

How about Sam Master and Robert Branford for the last two places??

Masters could be Edinburgh number 1 now Cook has left

Masters could be Edinburgh number 1 now Cook has left

Think I read that he was not expecting to return to Edinburgh next year, and neither was Sedgmen.

Edited by Tsunami

That's my current guess after I got Lambert / Branford wrong, so probably not going to happen...

Masters would be good, he likes our track and always seems to do well around it.

Maybe Josh G is another rider that could fit into team?

Have any stadium improvements started yet? I'd hope so what with the weather being so mild, ideal opportunity to get cracking.

Has anyone been down to look?

I live 5 mins from stadium, nothing that i can see has been started.

Will keep an eye on any works that happen in the coming months and update any progress.

They really need to start improvements sooner than later.

• Like 1

I think Masters would be an improvement on Poundbert

Other riders now available following Ipswich's clearout are Tungate, Heeps, Ashley Morris and Nielsen.

Other riders now available following Ipswich's clearout are Tungate, Heeps, Ashley Morris and Nielsen.

and there in lays the main systematic problem of Rye House, waiting for left overs from the table, isn't it about time we were sitting on the main table and passing on our left overs?

and there in lays the main systematic problem of Rye House, waiting for left overs from the table, isn't it about time we were sitting on the main table and passing on our left overs?

those days are long gone with the Table propping rockets -

how I yearn for the Woffinden/Neath glory years of Circa 2005 & 2007! :cry:

• Like 2

Well……..All the hype from the first meeting this year, with Len Silver saying publically that every week you come to the stadium you’ll see changes. Well indeed that turned out to be true after the geraniums where planted in front of the Long Bar, they grew each week.

Then we had included in the Rockets team towards the end of the season Robert Lambert. OK he signed all be it for a couple of meetings [and he was a dead cert to ride for the Rockets in 2016] and lots of people thought the new promotion was putting their money where their mouth was.

Then we had the crater in the entry to the car park filled in [after the season finished, strange that] and that really made everything nigh on perfect, that was until a week or so later when once again the crater began to reappear!

The utter insane decision to release NBJ before Lambert signed is truly unbelievable and unforgivable! Surely John Sampford must have been asked his views or is he not required in 2016? NBJ is a future world star! This guy will without question seriously up his average in 2016 with Peterborough. NBJ was one of the highlights at Rye House in 2015, yet the new promotion tell him “he’s not wanted!” Are they serious in their intentions of having a successful team at Rye House? Have they learned nothing from 2015?

Then of course there’s the issue on track preparation? Are we going to have a new track person or will the new promotion decide as a cost cutting exercise to do it themselves. After all, it’s easy to prepare a track, you just turn up, ride round in the tractor, water the track from time to time and hey presto it’s done!

I really do fear for the Hoddesdon club in 2016. I so hope they’re not a circus act and if they are let’s hope they’re not clowns!

Edited by Dave Stummings

Are we still gonna have the nonsense of Edward Kennett missing meetings when Lakeside run on the same night, or will the new promoters tell em to get stuffed?

Are we still gonna have the nonsense of Edward Kennett missing meetings when Lakeside run on the same night, or will the new promoters tell em to get stuffed?

No I imagine. The only reason it happened last season was that at the time Ed was signed by Lakeside (and Rye House for that matter) he was still a Coventry asset meaning the Hammers had priority. It was all down to which league the parent club rode. Once the Garrity/Kennett transfer was completed it would then mean Rye had priority. Therefore it was done by gentleman's agreement whereby, in the event of a clash, Ed would be made available to whichever club was riding at home.