British Speedway Forum

I hope his dad is in the pits with him,,, Brian was a top rider great gater and engine tuner he could be a great asset to the whole team..May even have some tips for Kasper on how to gate..If Peters on a 5 average i guess that puts Kasper up to a second string if he is over 5 at present (not sure) and a second string up to heat leader.which is not so good i guess...

Chris Neath spent some time with Kasper on his gating technique. If he couldn't help him then nobody can. Karger will start at reserve

Shads ,, have watched Kasper on video and compared to the other riders his reactions are slow,,maybe there is a technique that could be taught to improve this..What is your opinion of the team now that two riders have to move up a position in the team ?

Shads ,, have watched Kasper on video and compared to the other riders his reactions are slow,,maybe there is a technique that could be taught to improve this..What is your opinion of the team now that two riders have to move up a position in the team ?

My opinion? Not impressed

I am afraid i do not think your the only one of that opinion...Just have to hope someone knows something we dont ?

Does anyone know if there will be a press and practice day this year? If so when it is.

Does anyone know if there will be a press and practice day this year? If so when it is.

It's Thursday March 10th, start time TBC, for both teams.

• Like 1

It's Thursday March 10th, start time TBC, for both teams.

Thanks

What a monumental cock up by the current Rye House management! Could have had a spear head of Kennett and NBJ, throw in Lykke, Robbo, Lanham, Morley and Branford [Would that lot fit in the averages?] and it may have got my taste buds going. I'm so sorry for the crop of riders we have in 2016. It's not their fault, but together as a team it's Ronnie Russell era all over again!

I want Rye to be successful, I enjoy my Saturday nights out at Hoddesdon but part of me wants it to fall flat on its face to be honest and that's not a good thing for a feller like me to be thinking, and I wonder how many others think the same way? I think they've hit the self destruct button, please tell me I'm wrong......

What was wrong with the Ronnie Russell era? Burt, Razza and o'Brien giving it their all,Simmo preparing the track,top notch mike man in Rob McCaffery.No trophies but so what--entertainment guaranteed!

What was wrong with the Ronnie Russell era? Burt, Razza and o'Brien giving it their all,Simmo preparing the track,top notch mike man in Rob McCaffery.No trophies but so what--entertainment guaranteed!

Just about everything. Goodwin Rasmussen and O'Brien not forgetting Glen Baxter were brilliant, the teams were to be fair not great and for every Trevor O'Brien there was a Jamie Fagg or Scott Humphries the list is endless. The bloke didn't have a clue. The Russells closed more tracks than i can remember any other Promoter doing. Track alterations ruined it and the last thing... he closed the track after spending loads and winning nought. Top notch Mike Man....mmmm not as i remember him. You want top notch Announcers then you look at Ted Sear.

On one hand i think the new mob haven't a clue on the other hand i think know exactly what they are doing and it maybe their only failing is that they fail to communicate with the Public but thats pretty standard throughout speedway with one or two notable exceptions.

On the team front it doesn't look great better than last year at home with little on their travels. Scope for a couple of riders to improve and a couple of old hands who may do well or maybe not. Lots of if's and but's but give em chance to see what happens same with the Promotion, the track and facilities.

• Like 1

Just about everything. Goodwin Rasmussen and O'Brien not forgetting Glen Baxter were brilliant, the teams were to be fair not great and for every Trevor O'Brien there was a Jamie Fagg or Scott Humphries the list is endless. The bloke didn't have a clue. The Russells closed more tracks than i can remember any other Promoter doing. Track alterations ruined it and the last thing... he closed the track after spending loads and winning nought. Top notch Mike Man....mmmm not as i remember him. You want top notch Announcers then you look at Ted Sear.

On one hand i think the new mob haven't a clue on the other hand i think know exactly what they are doing and it maybe their only failing is that they fail to communicate with the Public but thats pretty standard throughout speedway with one or two notable exceptions.

On the team front it doesn't look great better than last year at home with little on their travels. Scope for a couple of riders to improve and a couple of old hands who may do well or maybe not. Lots of if's and but's but give em chance to see what happens same with the Promotion, the track and facilities.

I agree that Ted Sear was one of the best. As for your comment about me I really couldn't give a dam. Every job I did in speedway I did because someone asked me too, including the TV work. I was a fan trying to do the best job for the sport I cared for and the team I loved. I must say that people like you have almost killed those loves - they've certainly spoiled it badly, which I suppose will give you twisted pleasure.

You insult everything about Ron's efforts to keep the Rockets going. Being on the sidelines I suppose you can't be expected to know much apart from terrace gossip. What you omit to mention is that we had some truly awful 'supporters'like yourself. The wonder is that you still turn up. Perhaps it's just some twisted desire to 'poison the well'?

I did my stint on the terraces at Rayleigh and Rye House for nearly twenty years before I held a mic at the track. Thankfully some appreciated my efforts and those of Ron. You don't. Who cares?

Some try to achieve something and some just stand by and whinge pathetically.

I'd rather be in the former group.

Anyway, my chief mistake at Rye House was assuming I was talking to an intelligent audience who gave a damn about the Rockets. Clearly in quite a few cases, especially yours I was wrong.

Some of you think you can just insult people's efforts in the safety (cowardice) of forum anonymity. You seem to think that we're not allowed to respond.

You're wrong.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 2

I'm not doubting you about the closures but, being away from the sport from 1980 to the mid-nineties, I would be interested to which clubs you are referring.

Terry Russell and Ivor Henry spent a year at Hackney before the stadium owners went into liquidation and, later RR almost closed Arena Essex before Stuart Douglas saved the day in 2007. Where else though?

I'm not doubting you about the closures but, being away from the sport from 1980 to the mid-nineties, I would be interested to which clubs you are referring.

Terry Russell and Ivor Henry spent a year at Hackney before the stadium owners went into liquidation and, later RR almost closed Arena Essex before Stuart Douglas saved the day in 2007. Where else though?

crayford shut at the end of the 1983 season with terry Russell in charge. Redevelopment of the london road stadium was the reason for that closure, although the bulldozers did not move in immediately.
  • Like 1

Wasn't Len Silver the promoter when Crewe & Sunderland closed for speedway?

Wasn't Len Silver the promoter when Crewe & Sunderland closed for speedway?

Not at Sunderland, he was well away by that time. Crewe was promoted by Allied Presentations, of whom Len was one-sixth, Maury Littlechild was the first front man for Allied, then Len did a couple of years but the man in charge in 1975 (when the Kings ceased to reign) was Dave Parry.