British Speedway Forum

My original post praised the poster (screm) for putting encouraging pieces of good news on this forum.

That's good PR -- the point was that, as we might always try to do, we should identify our sources.

well I for one was really struggling to work out the source for the facebook link......

who are this Berwick Speedway Ltd running that page? wink

Some people on this thread are total plonkers.

Credit to my source - my 11 year old daughter.

• Like 5

It doesn't matter where the information comes from so long as its true some of us are not on Facebook or twitter so appreciate what news we get on here😊

• Like 5

It doesn't matter where the information comes from so long as its true some of us are not on Facebook or twitter so appreciate what news we get on here

Not being cheeky, How can the Promotion get word out to folks like yourself?

Is it the case that you read it in the Speedway Star or Local Newspaper?

Does anybody listen for Speedway news on the Radio?

And if yu do, which station?

It doesn't matter where the information comes from so long as its true some of us are not on Facebook or twitter so appreciate what news we get on here

Not being cheeky, How can the Promotion get word out to folks like yourself?

Is it the case that you read it in the Speedway Star or Local Newspaper?

Does anybody listen for Speedway news on the Radio?

And if yu do, which station?

I get the newsletter from Berwick Bandits e mailed but don't live locally as I stay in Scotland the only speedway news I hear on Radio Forth is about those bloody Smugs 😞😞😞

Latest newsletter tells us Liam Carr will be guesting for Coventry at Glasgow's opening meeting, and that Kevin Doolan and Thomas Jorgensen will be representing the club at the BenFund Bonanza.

All of which suddenly brings the season much closer.

• Like 1

I like what the club has done lately on social media, the quizzes on the newsletters, asking for fans input on race jackets, asking for fans memories of the riders who were recently inducted to the club hall of fame, basically interacting a lot more with the fans, especially in the off season, to keep interest alive. Just expand this a little more as the season approaches, then go into overdrive when the season starts. Keep the club in the public eye the whole time, raise the profile of the club, all positive.

• Like 1

I like what the club has done lately on social media, the quizzes on the newsletters, asking for fans input on race jackets, asking for fans memories of the riders who were recently inducted to the club hall of fame, basically interacting a lot more with the fans, especially in the off season, to keep interest alive. Just expand this a little more as the season approaches, then go into overdrive when the season starts. Keep the club in the public eye the whole time, raise the profile of the club, all positive.

Completely agree, the club seems re-invigorated with all the new guys on board.

I just wish the end of March would hurry itself up!

For those who haven't yet purchased their tickets for the up and coming Q & A night with Nigel Pearson and former Berwick rider Kelvin Tatum, there is information to do so on the Berwick Supporters Club page on Facebook, I don't know how many tickets they still have on sale as the information was posted a couple of weeks ago so apologies if all the tickets have gone though I am sure the club will have advertised this event through their news letters or on the official site, especially as Nigel and Kelvin are only visiting a handful of places on their tour so to get them to Berwick is a real coup for the Supporters Club and Berwick Speedway.

• Like 1

Still tickets available for Pearson & Tatum night. Anyone wanting some, message me on facebook or use contact details shown on bottom of event poster,

• Like 2

For those who haven't yet purchased their tickets for the up and coming Q & A night with Nigel Pearson and former Berwick rider Kelvin Tatum, there is information to do so on the Berwick Supporters Club page on Facebook, I don't know how many tickets they still have on sale as the information was posted a couple of weeks ago so apologies if all the tickets have gone though I am sure the club will have advertised this event through their news letters or on the official site, especially as Nigel and Kelvin are only visiting a handful of places on their tour so to get them to Berwick is a real coup for the Supporters Club and Berwick Speedway.

What a load of trolling nonsense. :lol:

Sports clubs aren’t going to continually reference what their supporters clubs are doing all the time. I don’t go on the Arsenal site expecting to read about their supporters club I go on it expecting to read about….Arsenal.

• Like 2

I'm sure the percentage of Berwick fans that have ties to the supporters club/2012 group is a lot larger than Arsenals

Edited by DeeksYaMahaga
  • Like 1

What a load of trolling nonsense. :lol:

Sports clubs aren’t going to continually reference what their supporters clubs are doing all the time. I don’t go on the Arsenal site expecting to read about their supporters club I go on it expecting to read about….Arsenal.

Quite sad, really, isn't it.

Looks like a great event, though, and well done to the guys that have organised it.

I'm hoping that I can get along.

• Like 1

I'm sure the percentage of Berwick fans that have ties to the supporters club/2012 group is a lot larger than Arsenals

Same rules apply re Speedway teams. I don’t go on the Sheffield, Newcastle site expecting to read about their supporters clubs and the % ratio of supporters clubs members to fans is probably pretty comparable to Berwick, the reality is that while there is a % of fans who do care, a lot don't.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 1