British Speedway Forum

Great to see that our Dutch kid got a place in the Premier league. He's our biggest talent, and I look forward to see his results :) :)

• Like 4

Great to see that our Dutch kid got a place in the Premier league. He's our biggest talent, and I look forward to see his results :) :)

That's good to hear. We like talent!

• Like 1

Have listened to Theo Pjiper about him, and I trust his judgement, certainly worth a punt.

• Like 1

Have listened to Theo Pjiper about him, and I trust his judgement, certainly worth a punt.

Rather give this bloke a go than go down the tired old Bager route.

• Like 3

Rather give this bloke a go than go down the tired old Bager route.

Agree, never quite understand how Bager was in any equation

Agree, never quite understand how Bager was in any equation

Scott explains the reason behind it in the press release.

“While this is very exciting news for our club I feel it's very important to thank Henning Bager for his efforts over the last few weeks. I must emphasise how Henning stepped in to help us out of a tricky situation at very short notice, if he hadn’t taken our offer of a 28-day contract, we would have been in a bad position, using the rider-replacement regulation for the fifth spot in our averages, which always piles a lot of pressure on our reserve riders."

http://berwickbandits.co/article/double-dutch-bandits

he is going to be in the spotlight on the 27th of June , so he had better get some laps in . would be nice if berwick can pull another carlos out of the hat .

That's good management. Scott got his bum bitten at Glasgow using r/r for fifth rider when Matty Wethers was wiped out of the meeting by Worrall and Berwick lost a probable win, or surely a point at least. Clearly didn't want it to happen again. So brought Bager in for his short-term fix while looking at the problem longer term. Now Bandits are getting an apparently highly-rated teenage asset.

Edited by Positive Thinker
  • Like 3

That's good management. Scott got his bum bitten at Glasgow using r/r for fifth rider when Matty Wethers was wiped out of the meeting by Worrall and Berwick lost a probable win, or surely a point at least. Clearly didn't want it to happen again. So brought Bager in for his short-term fix while looking at the problem longer term. Now Bandits are getting an apparently highly-rated teenage asset.

I agree, very astute.

is Mellgren still in the equation if he returns to fitness though?

These cruciate ligaments take a while.

If this kid comes good, then no. No loan fee to pay either

Brave decision by the board but at the end of the day something had to happen and by all accounts we will be getting a decent asset hopefully much rather give a youngster a chance sure the fans will be patient and welcome him.

Delighted to see the team running with seven riders and bringing in a new asset to the club, I share some of the concerns made by Topsoil earlier today. Lets hope the team comes good now and we can get up that PL table.

Maybe Mellgren will make a return, in Sweden, quite soon.

A one armed Clown with a patch and a stump for a leg on a punctured unicycle is an improvement on Bager lets be honest.

But signing a young rider is a good move, become an asset and good to see raw talent potentially developing into something decent.

• Like 1