British Speedway Forum

Alex Edberg's Dad and one of his Business colleagues was at Shielfield when Alex was riding for us last season and there was a lot of rumours that they was going to take over as they are wealthy men who love speedway, Alex's Dad did own Hammarby in Sweden although I'm not sure on the current situation as he has done time for fraud, I wouldn't be suprised if it was them who were interested in taking Sheffield on.

He was exonerated on the charges, and received compensation from the Swedish government for falsely accusing him. Best not to say anything if you are not sure of the facts

"Interested parties should contact John Anderson on 07503-540236 or George Hepburn on 07831-181089. All enquiries will be treated in fullest confidence." Plucked out from Bandits facebook page, if anyone want's to know the price and any other details, I already know but as I'm not an official and am not interested in buying I do not feel like I should spout information to you and others on the forum regarding the asking price, although judging by the posts on here I'm certainly not the only one who knows and I'm also certainly not the only one who doesn't think they will get what they are asking for. Hope I've helped in your enquiries.

This is simple, the club is worth what it is worth, it is irrelevant as to how much money has been spent on it. You need an inventory and an accountant ,and come to a value, that is it. The bond is a fully refundable amount lodged with BSPA, as long as there are no outstanding amounts owing to riders etc you get it back, so should only be included as part of the deal to simplify the procedure .

• Like 1

He was exonerated on the charges, and received compensation from the Swedish government for falsely accusing him. Best not to say anything if you are not sure of the facts

This is simple, the club is worth what it is worth, it is irrelevant as to how much money has been spent on it. You need an inventory and an accountant ,and come to a value, that is it. The bond is a fully refundable amount lodged with BSPA, as long as there are no outstanding amounts owing to riders etc you get it back, so should only be included as part of the deal to simplify the procedure .

An accountant in Speedway,figures will not mean a lot .

An accountant in Speedway,figures will not mean a lot .

You will have the clubs version of it's value, usually verified by their accountant. The purchaser will require someone with a financial background to dispute the value, and come to a structured valuation. Someone earlier mentioned 'Goodwill', generally no longer exists, however in this case there is zero 'Goodwill' as by the clubs own admission it is losing money. The rest of the valuation. comes down to physical assets and the 'Promoters Licence'. The stadium is on lease to Berwick Rangers Supporters Club, with a no sub let agreement in place, so no security of tenure, other than the football wanting it due to the weekly rent, in this case goodwill

You will have the clubs version of it's value, usually verified by their accountant. The purchaser will require someone with a financial background to dispute the value, and come to a structured valuation. Someone earlier mentioned 'Goodwill', generally no longer exists, however in this case there is zero 'Goodwill' as by the clubs own admission it is losing money. The rest of the valuation. comes down to physical assets and the 'Promoters Licence'. The stadium is on lease to Berwick Rangers Supporters Club, with a no sub let agreement in place, so no security of tenure, other than the football wanting it due to the weekly rent, in this case goodwill

Think for the sport to continue in Berwick ther would have to be a certain amount of goodwill regarding to who wants take buy them out ( if anybody).Difficult times IMO .

Think for the sport to continue in Berwick ther would have to be a certain amount of goodwill regarding to who wants take buy them out ( if anybody).Difficult times IMO .

The club is worth what it is worth, no businessmen will pay more than it's value, just a fact of life. I think in this instance it will have to be the club that has to be responsible when selling it. It is no good saying I have put X amount into it and I want it back, it will not happen. So I suppose it a case of taking it on the chin, and being realistic, and passing it on at it's real value

• Like 2

Selling a speedway club is like privately selling a car for example. You say how much you want for it, the person who may buy, gives a price and you agree to it or you 'haggle' until some agreement of purchase/non-purchase is made.

• Like 1

Selling a speedway club is like privately selling a car for example. You say how much you want for it, the person who may buy, gives a price and you agree to it or you 'haggle' until some agreement of purchase/non-purchase is made.

Spot on example. Just said to someone you have a car valued at £5k, but you have spent £5 k on it, new wheels etc. it doesnt mean anything, the car is still worth £5k

A club is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. If nobody wants to buy it, the club is worth nothing, other than the bond which will be refunded and any equipment which can be sold second hand.

• Like 5

A club is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. If nobody wants to buy it, the club is worth nothing, other than the bond which will be refunded and any equipment which can be sold second hand.

Would be sensible to sell it as a bundle, asset strip it takes a long time and you get little value, example who wants to but a second hand safety fence, all the clubs have one.

It is obvious that a prospective purchaser -- or competing purchasers -- will make their enquiries and any ongoing interest will undergo rigorous due diligence. On both sides of the bargain.

This is unlikely to include allegations or accusations posted on here -- either in condemnation or support of the parties concerned.

Let us hope for a continuation of speedway at Shielfield, not just for a fiftieth season but for many years thereafter.

• Like 1

It is obvious that a prospective purchaser -- or competing purchasers -- will make their enquiries and any ongoing interest will undergo rigorous due diligence. On both sides of the bargain.

This is unlikely to include allegations or accusations posted on here -- either in condemnation or support of the parties concerned.

Let us hope for a continuation of speedway at Shielfield, not just for a fiftieth season but for many years thereafter.

Best to keep it clean, just in the interest of retaining Speedway at Berwick. No harm in discussing the complications of speedway though, perhaps a prospective buyer may learn something useful

Dont see any accusations or allegations

How did it go on Sat regarding the training track at Duns is that a separate venture to Berwick Speedway.?

• Like 1

Dont see any accusations or allegations

How did it go on Sat regarding the training track at Duns is that a separate venture to Berwick Speedway.?

YES, accrding to Scott and Garry

Good night, didn't learn a lot about the training track mind

Edited by balderdash&piffle
  • Like 1

I was very sad to hear the decision made by the promotion on Sunday.

I think John Anderson has tried very hard to establish speedway at Berwick and deserves a great deal of credit for that.

Fingers crossed a purchaser comes forward.

One thing : Mr Anderson has to retain the catering rights. Berwick is the only place I eat speedway food and it is rightly renowned for its quality.

Edited by Halifaxtiger