British Speedway Forum

I know that this question will have been answered earlier but I'm not trawling 57 pages to find it............

How does Matt Wethers qualify for a team place on that average?

To be clear, he's always been reported to be a very decent bloke and I know he's married to a British girl and has kids with her, so I'm not criticising him in any way,

It's just that he didn't initially qualify last year because of the sub 7.00 Australian rule - what happened to that?

Does he now qualify as being British, through residency or something like that?

I know that this question will have been answered earlier but I'm not trawling 57 pages to find it............

How does Matt Wethers qualify for a team place on that average?

To be clear, he's always been reported to be a very decent bloke and I know he's married to a British girl and has kids with her, so I'm not criticising him in any way,

It's just that he didn't initially qualify last year because of the sub 7.00 Australian rule - what happened to that?

Does he now qualify as being British, through residency or something like that?

Yes, he was awarded Residency status.

• Like 1

GOOD GOD .

*ny ch*nc* *f p*tt*ng * pr*p*r s*nt*nc* t*g*th*r s* w* c*n r**d *t ??? DYS*N ?

Edited by jenga

Seriously,Your not trying to say that Seb will have forgotten how to ride a speedway bike,if he is focussed on a comeback he will probably end the season as our no1 IMO ,that's the chance the Promotion are taking and you can't blame them as he is an asset.

Correct I `m not saying that, bit surprised you read that into my post, but there you. I merely see Alden as a gamble, but if you don't take the gamble you don't see the benefits, I hope he is a success. You would rather have Bellego than Pijper, that's your opinion, and your entitled to it, as I am to mine.

Correct I `m not saying that, bit surprised you read that into my post, but there you. I merely see Alden as a gamble, but if you don't take the gamble you don't see the benefits, I hope he is a success. You would rather have Bellego than Pijper, that's your opinion, and your entitled to it, as I am to mine.

You also said not riding on a regular basis could be a problem why?that is what I am reading into your post.He will be riding in Britain and Sweden this year so should get back into full swing.

I'm assuming Seb is returning full-time, so should be riding regularly?

You also said not riding on a regular basis could be a problem why?that is what I am reading into your post.He will be riding in Britain and Sweden this year so should get back into full swing.

Think Screm said 'HAD NOT' been riding on a regular basis, I took that as meaning 2015. In the future he will be riding regularly, my belief is he will soon find his mojo and return to his old form

The Berwick team may not leap off the page, most fans wanted to go strength in depth, and they have. Wethers should be a potent reserve, much like Jensen and then Kus was a couple of seasons ago, he should be putting pressure on someone in the top five. I also think Liam Carr will benefit from the new ruling regarding No7`s and at the minute I dont see a better No7 out there. The only rider I have my doubts about is Alden, he has the capabilities to be brilliant one week and anonymous the next, and not racing on a regular bases could also be a problem, but he is an asset, and knows the club and promotion well, I hope he comes good.

For the sake of clarity.

Being fair, something Screm points out is he is also an asset and knows the club and management very well.

Very good signing all round, and everyone is looking forward to his return with some excitement!

did seb ride for berwock under the peter waite era or was he riding under the new management era ?

Handy looking side with a bit off luck it may achieve top 6 best wishes too the Bandits for 2016 It's no secret i have real soft spot for them and hope they go well next season (except against Glasgow) :t: .

• Like 4

For the sake of clarity.

Being fair, something Screm points out is he is also an asset and knows the club and management very well.

Very good signing all round, and everyone is looking forward to his return with some excitement!

I still read that as refering to the fact he has not been riding on a regular basis and that leaves him a bit stale. For next season he will be riding regularly in the UK and Sweden and will soon get back into the groove.

Think Screm said 'HAD NOT' been riding on a regular basis, I took that as meaning 2015. In the future he will be riding regularly, my belief is he will soon find his mojo and return to his old form

Read Screms post again he did not say "had" not.Maybe that's what he meant though.Hence my reply.