British Speedway Forum

I am intrigued Dyson24. Is there some kind of special code hidden in that post?

It's called jibberish😏

even the enigma code breaker could not break dysons code !

• Like 1

With last years team sponsor now part of the new consortium, maybe Berwick are on the look out for a new main sponsor. Hopefully we will get some good news on on that front.

The main sponsorship deal wasn't announced until February this year, so plenty of time.......

Edited by Positive Thinker
  • Like 1

In an ideal world the club would be working hard at this time of year to get team sponsors, backing for individual riders, selling programme advertising and corporate hospitality, which unfortunately was empty most weeks last season. Obviously I don't know how much work the club are in fact doing in this regard, but it would be nice to think they are. I cam imagine it is very difficult to attract sponsorship in this climate and that's why the club has to work hard all year round.

I would imagine that the business model would not be dependent on sponsorship, so nothing really too concerning at this point.

Riders should surely seek their own sponsorship, with the club playing a secondary role, helping wherever they can?

I would imagine that the business model would not be dependent on sponsorship, so nothing really too concerning at this point.

Riders should surely seek their own sponsorship, with the club playing a secondary role, helping wherever they can?

The management have intimated in previous seasons that aTeam Sponser is a major factor in their calculations have they not?

The management have intimated in previous seasons that aTeam Sponser is a major factor in their calculations have they not?

I'm sure it is important, perhaps not crucial.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong!

It's hard to think of anything to say at the moment as everything seems to be going so well.

almost a good sentence, pity about the gap between o and n .good effort tho . just when i got used to translating !

• Like 4

In an ideal world the club would be working hard at this time of year to get team sponsors, backing for individual riders, selling programme advertising and corporate hospitality, which unfortunately was empty most weeks last season. Obviously I don't know how much work the club are in fact doing in this regard, but it would be nice to think they are. I cam imagine it is very difficult to attract sponsorship in this climate and that's why the club has to work hard all year round.

Could they afford not to.

• Like 1

It's hard to think of anything to say at the moment as everything seems to be going so well.

Thats not what was said last year at this time

• Like 1

Thats not what was said last year at this time

But at this time last year, the club had a big hole in their budgeted accounts, through expectations of top-up funding by sponsors and from the supporters club not materialising. As a result the 2014 season had ended with the books badly unbalanced, so there was a real need for a main sponsor to allow 2015. The eventual backing by Kevin Dixon certainly steadied the ship.

This past season, the club has been run to a tighter budget. Dixons' sponsorship has been paid in full and there is a consortium in place to spread the impact of any unplanned financial 'hits'.

However, a main 'named' sponsorship is of course desirable, and we must hope that such an announcement will be forthcoming between now and the start of racing. As PT has stated previously, last year the club didn't announce Kevin Dixon's backing until February.

From my viewpoint, the Bandits are in a much-happier finiancial situation than they were at this time last year. Obviously the club is not rich and will have no spare cash to flout about, but with the promotion, the consortium and -- especially -- the long-serving, hard-working team of volunteers all ready to keep things going forward, we should be aiming to see progress towards an amazing fiftieth anniversary in the not-too-distant future.

To echo Big Eddie's sentiments, things have gone so well this winter, the team is set up and if the only point of discussion on here until late March 26th is to be Dyson 24's inane interjections (you do know who it is, don't you?) that'll be just fine.