British Speedway Forum
Cliffeboy

Somerset V Edinburgh 11.8.15

Tuesday's result has obviously triggered something at Somerset, just seen on twitter that Lanham has been released/left this afternoon!

I see no obvious replacement.... Should be interesting.

The wrong man has gone IMO. It's a disgrace !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards
  • Like 2

Panic button has been pressed,feel for lanham has upped his average just to be crapped on!

• Like 2

Gary and Debbie up to their usual tricks lose a couple of matches and heads start to roll.

• Like 1

Very professional. Poor Lanham comes in at the last minute adds 2 points to his average , has a bit of a wobbly month boom your gone .

• Like 2

No comment on the initial "insult" that provoked this one?

If there are more insults George, I will say the same to them...... There is no need for personal insults

• Like 1

Very professional. Poor Lanham comes in at the last minute adds 2 points to his average , has a bit of a wobbly month boom your gone .

Not good Leigh has done well, hard done with for me even with changes they won't win the league.Kurtz for me a terrific talent i rate him highly has let Somerset down as much as Leigh has at times.

If there are more insults George, I will say the same to them...... There is no need for personal insults

There's an opportunity to walk the talk.

The stage is yours ....

Not good Leigh has done well, hard done with for me even with changes they won't win the league.Kurtz for me a terrific talent i rate him highly has let Somerset down as much as Leigh has at times.

Don`t think Leigh or Brady have let the Rebels down, both have improved their averages, to the tune of about two points. Brady sits about 6th in the Prem avarages I think, and Leigh`s starting average was dragged down by bad injuries last season. I agree that he is unlucky to be going, and Ritchie I should imagine had been sweating. Gary has a good record in tweaking the team if he has too, famously bringing in Charles Wright for Stefan Neilsen in 2013 and going for JPM instead of Masters in 2012, when Sam wasn`t really on it. No complaints though from Leigh on Twitter, hope he gets fixed up asap. TBH havent a clue who they will bring in though.

I see no obvious replacement.... Should be interesting.

Rasmus Jensen.

Gary and Debbie up to their usual tricks lose a couple of matches and heads start to roll.

Usual tricks or not, the Somerset promotion are ruthless when they need to be and as has already been said have made some inspired signings at this point of the season before.

Don`t think Leigh or Brady have let the Rebels down, both have improved their averages, to the tune of about two points. Brady sits about 6th in the Prem avarages I think, and Leigh`s starting average was dragged down by bad injuries last season. I agree that he is unlucky to be going, and Ritchie I should imagine had been sweating. Gary has a good record in tweaking the team if he has too, famously bringing in Charles Wright for Stefan Neilsen in 2013 and going for JPM instead of Masters in 2012, when Sam wasn`t really on it. No complaints though from Leigh on Twitter, hope he gets fixed up asap. TBH havent a clue who they will bring in though.

Leigh is an utter gentleman, he wouldn't complain and that is why the comic duo of May and Hancock have ousted him!!! He was easy prey !!! Either way it stinks !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards
  • Like 1

Leigh is an utter gentleman, he wouldn't complain and that is why the comic duo of May and Hancock have ousted him!!! He was easy prey !!!. Perhaps it's a throw back to May's "riding" days ( what there were of them) ! Mike Lanham was riding then (Leigh's dad). Perhaps it's an old sore!!! Either way it stinks !!!

It's a results business and in recent weeks Lanham hasn't cut the mustard, simple as that.

We are trying to win the league, and willing to get rid of whoever we need to to try and make that happen. Fair play.

Cheque book speedway again,makes a mockery of the pl,win at all costs as per usual with the rebs,if it is raz plymouth will be glad of the loan fee especially as we couldn't afford him this season,i think you should have stuck with lanham his experience would be invaluable in the playoffs imo

• Like 3