British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Berwick Bandits Premier League Sunday 16th August 2015

Not sure if this is worth going to if this proves to be correct. :neutral:

maybe thats why they've kept quiet, as to not encourage 'part-timers' not to come, hmmm

Well whose riding tonight? Neither teams websites give us any clues but.....

The Diamonds are without Lewi Kerr, Lewis Rose and Christian Henry and are likely to be served rumour has it, by Carl Wilkinson guesting for Lewi, Tero Aarnio (signed in) for Lewis Rose but Tero is carrying an injury too, and R/R for Christian With all due respect to Carl we could have had a higher scoring guest now couldn't we? Or am I the only person on here that didn't know a better guest wasn't available ;) Well, I like Carl and he often has good races here but he also has his problems, falls and going out wide in the rough stuff around the boards, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't Ask Ludde!!. I like to watch Carl but he is so unreliable. Have a good match Wilko!

Tero, if fit, is a great little rider he can gate, blast around the boards and when he has to or hug the white line. I like him being in the team as he, like Wilko, is unpredictable but Tero the Hero rarely doesn't score. He could be a match winner.

R/R for Christian is a bit suspect as most of his rides will be covered by our reserves plus I believe Anton Rosen... Now Anton is a decent rider who appears to be struggling with a lack of confidence. He often backs out of challenging the guy in front which appears to be a confidence issue. So come on Anton you can do it!

As far as Berwick are concerned. They signed Mathias Thornblom to ride at number 1. He may have been injured yesterday? The Bandits had brought in Arthur Sissis as a guest but he picked up an injury yesterday.

So the Newcastle disciples head for Brough unclear as to which riders will be on show tonight but we pay our money as we are the grass support of Newcastle Speedway.

Lets hope the two teams rev up and go, let us be entertained we pay our admission with that hope in mind

Edited by dantodan
  • Like 2

The Diamonds are without Lewi Kerr, Lewis Rose and Christian Henry and are likely to be served rumour has it, by Carl Wilkinson guesting for Lewi, Tero Aarnio (signed in) for Lewis Rose but Tero is carrying an injury too, and R/R for Christian With all due respect to Carl we could have had a higher scoring guest now couldn't we? Or am I the only person on here that didn't know a better guest wasn't available ;) Well, I like Carl and he often has good races here but he also has his problems, falls and going out wide in the rough stuff around the boards, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't Ask Ludde!!. I like to watch Carl but he is so unreliable. Have a good match Wilko!

Tero, if fit, is a great little rider he can gate, blast around the boards and when he has to or hug the white line. I like him being in the team as he, like Wilko, is unpredictable but Tero the Hero rarely doesn't score. He could be a match winner.

R/R for Christian is a bit suspect as most of his rides will be covered by our reserves plus I believe Anton Rosen... Now Anton is a decent rider who appears to be struggling with a lack of confidence. He often backs out of challenging the guy in front which appears to be a confidence issue. So come on Anton you can do it!

As far as Berwick are concerned. They signed Mathias Thornblom to ride at number 1. He may have been injured yesterday? The Bandits had brought in Arthur Sissis as a guest but he picked up an injury yesterday.

So the Newcastle disciples head for Brough unclear as to which riders will be on show tonight but we pay our money as we are the grass support of Newcastle Speedway.

Lets hope the two teams rev up and go, let us be entertained we pay our admission with that hope in mind

Thornblom was not signed to ride at No1 he came in on a 7 point average.

Know what you mean about Carl Wilko : 10+1 on the 19th April. 8 (out of a team total of 26) 26 Jun and 4+2 (out of a team total of 33) 19 Jul, when visiting with Scunthorpe.

Plus all the half decent/decent guests might be up at Glasgow?

Edited by Steve Park

Well I've just seen LL's helper preparing his bikes in his garage in Whitley Bay so he'll be there!

Leaving the forum now to buy my ticket as usual, but the mystery situation re. guests does not exactly encourage people to do likewise I would bet.

Yeah! well as much as I don't like being taken for granted, my daughter and I, as usual will be there, on our step near the 4th bend, hoping to see a great match for our money, yes most of us pay.

Whoever at Brough is responsible for keeping the press informed has let the fans down for the Berwick match. I presume the guy or lady responsible gets in for free while we don't. well in future earn your free ticket and inform those of us who pay every week of the riders we will be paying to see. We are the reason why speedway is still continuing in Newcastle. The paying public should get a whole lot more from the people Newcastle Speedway seem to think are worthy of free admission. Well if you cannot even say who is riding on the day of a home match then you are not worth your free admission cost to our sport and you should chuck it in!

Having said all this, as a proper speedway fan, I, as always, am looking forward to supporting Newcastle against all teams, Berwick tonight despite not knowing which riders will be on show.

I would like to offer the person at fault the chance to explain themself via the forum so please answer this post, if you can be bothered

Edited by dantodan
  • Like 1

Risager comes in to guest for the injured Thornblom and Branford comes in for the injured Sissis who was to have been riding as a replacement for the unavailable Hall.

• Like 1

Risager comes in to guest for the injured Thornblom and Branford comes in for the injured Sissis who was to have been riding as a replacement for the unavailable Hall.

Exactly Dantodan's point here. The Bandits lost a rider only last night and this afternoon we know the replacement for our match, yet we are yet to be told who is covering for one of two longer term injury concerns. Is this 'secret squirrel' on steroids or what.

Edited by HadrianDog
  • Like 1

With 12 minutes to go to tapes up still no news on the diamonds website on the guests tonight or full teams. Last post on Friday says guests waiting to be confirmed.

Sorry thats not good enough and I have decided to stay at home tonight to make a stand against being taken for granted

Newcastle Diamonds = 53

1. Steve Worrall - 3 , 3 , 3 , 2' , 3 = 14+1
2. R/R for Christian Henry - (SN - F/X , SN - 1 , AR - 2 , TA - 2' = 5+1)
3. Carl Wilkinson (Guest) - 2 , 2 , R , 3 = 7
4. Anton Rosen - 0 , 1' , 2 , 3 , 1 = 7+1
5. Ludvig Lindgren - 2' , 3 , 2 , 3 , 1 = 11+1
6. Simon Nielsen - F/X , 2 , 1 , (TA - 0) , 1' , 1' , 3 = 8+2
7. Tero Aarnio - 1' , 3 , 0 , (SN - 1') , 2' , 0 = 6+2

Berwick Bandits = 37

1. Thomas Jorgensen - 2 , 3 , 3 , 3 , 1 , 2 = 14
2. Fernando Garcia - 1' , 0 , 0 , 0 = 1+1
3. Morten Risager (Guest) - 1 , 2 , 0 , 2 , 0 = 5
4. R/R for Claus Vissing - (TJ - 3 , RB - 1 , RB - 1 , MR - 0 = 5)
5. Kevin Doolan - 0 , 2 , 2 , 1' , 0 = 3+1
6. Alex Edberg - 0 , 0 , 2 , 1' = 3+1
7. Robert Branford (Guest) - 3 , 1 , 1' , 3 , 1 , 2 , 0 = 11+1
8. Kieran Douglas -

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/14903/newcastle-berwick-pl-sun-30pm#ixzz3j0ZDskSi

Another good Home win for the 'Diamonds'. :t::approve: :approve:

It looks as if Branford had a decent Meeting for the 'Bandits'. :t: