British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

Swindon V Coventry - 13-08-2015

It is raining in Old Town Chalkie and has been for the last twenty mins. It is due to get heavier from 2pm.

It is raining in Old Town Chalkie and has been for the last twenty mins. It is due to get heavier from 2pm.

See post no 60 in Swindon's New Stadium thread, it never rains in posh, leafy Lechlade!

• Like 1

This has got nothing to do with saving away fans a wasted trip. If they call it off early, they avoid stadium rent and can stop the foreign riders getting on a plane and thus costing them wasted travel expenses!

I am writing this at 1:50pm and still no rain!

There's no Rent until the turnstiles open at 6:30pm and I very much doubt they get money back on booked flights that are not taken at extremely short notice - would need to be called off the day before for any saving there.

How's your weather doing :-)

Edited by Reliant Robin

There's no Rent until the turnstiles open at 6:30pm and I very much doubt they get money back on booked flights that are not taken at extremely short notice - would need to be called off the day before for any saving there.

Gentle rain at 2:40pm!

Danny King was due to be missing as he injured his back yesterday riding in Denmark

it's off innit, according to Bomber on twitter

it's off innit, according to Bomber on twitter

Yes called off early this morning.

I think you are wrong Robin,? ( i could be wrong as usual ?) a early postponement saves rent the only time now you will see a meeting at Swindon which is iffy being on at 6.30 is when Sky is in town.!

I think you are wrong Robin,? ( i could be wrong as usual ?) a early postponement saves rent the only time now you will see a meeting at Swindon which is iffy being on at 6.30 is when Sky is in town.!

Correct sidney, as by 6.30 the stadium staff will have been there for a while cooking the chips etc

I'm definitely not wrong on this one....rent is chargeable once public are admitted. I believe there is a nominal charge on food in the restaurant if it gets past 4pm

I'm definitely not wrong on this one....rent is chargeable once public are admitted. I believe there is a nominal charge on food in the restaurant if it gets past 4pm

Actually, thinking about it RR is correct-rent is due once the public are admitted, hence long queues in the rain or a long boring sit in the car watching it and praying for it to stop, if it's dodgy between 6 & 7.

• Like 2

Correct sidney, as by 6.30 the stadium staff will have been there for a while cooking the chips etc

Do they do chips.? good ones anyway.

If that is the case who pays for all the stadium staff that turn up before 6.30, there are the catering, if you can call it that, staff, the people in the car park collecting your parking money, security etc.

The thing is, even if they had tried to stage this match the crowd would not have been good. I, for one, had already decided I wasn't going before it was called off.

Surely this is better than just starting at the weather all day and wondering if speedway is going to be on or not. I gave that up as a bad job years ago.

• Like 3

Surely that is why if the weather is iffy make a swift decision and postpone.

The thing is, even if they had tried to stage this match the crowd would not have been good. I, for one, had already decided I wasn't going before it was called off.Surely this is better than just starting at the weather all day and wondering if speedway is going to be on or not. I gave that up as a bad job years ago.

Good point and i totally agree as i don't want to see follow the leader,but some call offs are because some of the riders have commitments elsewhere within the next few days.