British Speedway Forum
SCB

Hancock Banned After Attacking An "innocent" Man As He Was Out Riding His Bike

You can add Ryan Fisher and Billy Janniro to that list ~ had the pair of them off by charging up the inside of them in one race, which is his speciality.

Another whining comment from Hancock.

"No penalty for the dangerous riding" he says. Yes there was, he was excluded. Not that it was dangerous anyway, just an old man, losing his nerve, bailing out when it got tough :)

Correct decision to ban him.

Meanwhile, over on facebook there are fans putting a petition together to have Nicki Pedersen banned for life or they will sue him and the FIM for attempted murder!

"No penalty for the dangerous riding" he says. Yes there was, he was excluded. Not that it was dangerous anyway, just an old man, losing his nerve, bailing out when it got tough :)

Meanwhile, over on facebook there are fans putting a petition together to have Nicki Pedersen banned for life or they will sue him and the FIM for attempted murder!

What a stupid comment, "a old man" oh you mean the current world champion!!!

Fundin was certainly the best of the two.

As for Briggo not being crude....When I wrote my book, "Two Wimbledon Legends", I asked two of Briggo's team mates what they thought about him. Here's what they said:

Alf Hagon: "Barry had to go flat out, it was the only way he could ride. He wasn't exactly out of control, but he wasn't always in control either. If he came up on the inside of you and got some grip he was liable to bash into you."

Bob Andrews: "I had a season riding with Barry - oh my God! I would gate, then leave a foot of room in case he wanted to come through. Usually, by the next bend, he would not just come through, but he would 'hang' me on the fence. Briggo was a selfish rider."

And that was his team mates!

Incidentally I think history has been made tonight. Tsunami "liked" one of my posts.........

Your opinion is one that i respect immensely and you would no more about the history of the Briggs Fundin rivalry than anyone that's for another day.My uncle who first took me was not a fan of Ove,and loved Briggo so that is why i have a huge bias.Going back to Pedersen i like watching him he has worked damn hard for what he has achieved and i admire what he has achieved.But for me some of the incidents could of been avoided,the Hancock incident as an ex) Greg had gone wide and Pedersen would of passed him fairly anyway.You are right Norbold over the years there have been some real tough riders forceful but mostly there passes were fair.The other night there was a great ex) Kurtz who come steaming under Wolbert was that fair? was he out of control sometimes there is a fine line.

IMO the whole thing is being blown out of proportion but it is incidents like this that make speedway the sport that it should be ,I grew up with the likes of Jack Miilen &co and there is no arguing that they put bums on seats .I dont know Nikki or Greg in fact I have never spoken to either of them but I believe that off track Nikki is a polite, amusing and approachable individual and Greg is the smiling articulate individual and good embassador for the sport.IMO the great difference in the sport today as opposed to "Cazy Jack's" era is the speed and the that most riders are on the absolute limit just riding the bikes so any assistance in knocking them off balance on the entry to turning in can have extreme consequences.I dont thnk NP sets out hurt anyone but his action could lead to a serious injury and I dont think that GH intented any harm to him when he dived at NP .Both deserved punishment and got it but I would bet a weeks wages that we never see Greg pull the same stunt again but would not gamble a penny on Nikki not sending someone into the airfence ever again .

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 2

you are Katie Hopkins and i claim my 5 pounds

Some Posters should note this (already elsewhere on the BSF) --

The Link is a warning about the tone of Posts on Facebook. Does it also apply - and how far - in relation to debate forums like the BSF and other groups? I know this relates to Australia but am certain there may be similarties in British law.

http://www.geelongad...5-1227479416596

I'm personally very glad that the riders are now being vocal over NP, their livelihood is in danger when racing against him.

Since the NP / GH incident with the flying head tackle, I am right in thinking Nicki has "quietened" down a bit on track? I only see him in the GPs and every so often in televised Swedish league matches so I am not fully sure.

I think some attention needs to be put the way of Kildermand and it seems Doyle is going the tough way as well.

Re the comments of Ove Fundin and his era. I saw quiet a few of the Golden Helmet match races and league matches at BV between OF and Peter Craven. I cant remember any dirty moves between them, what I did see was them racing hard within inches of each other but with no barging from either, wouldnt expect that from PC but OF was tougher. I saw total respect for each other from two of the worlds top riders of their time.

I'm personally very glad that the riders are now being vocal over NP, their livelihood is in danger when racing against him.

I think you are wrong, it isn't "the riders", it's just Greg, Holder, Tai and Darcy. Two aussies, a brit and a Yankee.

Riders who happens to have the same sponsor, the same sponsor that also is the main sponsors for the SGP ans SWC series.

• Like 7

deary me :)
  • Like 1

I don't think this is about dangerous riding, surely they would have criticised more riders then just Nicki then.

Edited by Ghostwalker

What a stupid comment, "a old man" oh you mean the current world champion!!!

Does being an old man entitle you to outbursts of violence with impunity ? If it does where do I get the paperwork ,because I have neighbours who deserve a good thrashing , and If Greg Qualifies as an old man . then I most certainly do .

I think you are wrong, it isn't "the riders", it's just Greg, Holder, Tai and Darcy. Two aussies, a brit and a Yankee.

Riders who happens to have the same sponsor, the same sponsor that also is the main sponsors for the SGP ans SWC series.

The aussies complaining . thats a howler , grass track boy has knocked as many people off by trying to go through gaps that don't exist and the other one has been involved in controversy In every GP so far ..

• Like 1

Fundin was certainly the best of the two.

As for Briggo not being crude....When I wrote my book, "Two Wimbledon Legends", I asked two of Briggo's team mates what they thought about him. Here's what they said:

Alf Hagon: "Barry had to go flat out, it was the only way he could ride. He wasn't exactly out of control, but he wasn't always in control either. If he came up on the inside of you and got some grip he was liable to bash into you."

Bob Andrews: "I had a season riding with Barry - oh my God! I would gate, then leave a foot of room in case he wanted to come through. Usually, by the next bend, he would not just come through, but he would 'hang' me on the fence. Briggo was a selfish rider."

And that was his team mates!

Incidentally I think history has been made tonight. Tsunami "liked" one of my posts.........

I was recently reading an interview with one of Fundins former Norwich team mates -I can't remember which one but might have been Gordon McGregor- but anyway whoever it was said exactly the same thing about Fundin.

However, to relate the Fundin -Briggs rivalry to Hancock and Pedesrsen , on Barry's DVD he tells of an incident on track at Norwich that spilled over into the pits , and Fundin came over to have go at him and Brigho had to push him off . Bad feeling between the pair of them at the time but by the end of the evening Fundin came over and said he was staying the night in England and could he stay at Barry's mothers house,. Briggo said of course he could and they both drove down to London together. The dispute was forgotten about , no Facebook, no public comments, everything smoothed over.

Maybe some of the present "stars" coukd learn a thing or two from the hard men of past eras.

• Like 2

Since the NP / GH incident with the flying head tackle, I am right in thinking Nicki has "quietened" down a bit on track? I only see him in the GPs and every so often in televised Swedish league matches so I am not fully sure.

I think some attention needs to be put the way of Kildermand and it seems Doyle is going the tough way as well.

Re the comments of Ove Fundin and his era. I saw quiet a few of the Golden Helmet match races and league matches at BV between OF and Peter Craven. I cant remember any dirty moves between them, what I did see was them racing hard within inches of each other but with no barging from either, wouldnt expect that from PC but OF was tougher. I saw total respect for each other from two of the worlds top riders of their time.

I think Nicki still has the passion to win , but his bad boy tag is holding him back , anytime he passes anyone they chuck the bike down and he's out , he's not only racing against 3 others but the referee and half the crowd . good on him for keeping going ,because I would have got frustrated at being held back long ago and packed it in ,

• Like 2

Please that Hancok got banned,still not really sure what Nicki did wrong,went up inside of Hnacock,passed him and there was abit of contact and off he went

See that alot in speedway,just went it happens to Team Monster theres fecking hell on!!!

• Like 1