British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

If the European champion can't afford GP what hope is there for the rest?.

I think the European champ may be being less than honest, unless his clubs are failing to pay him again...

The bikes he is using in the euros seem quick enough to me to compete in the GPS..

And then some..we could expect some great battles between him and Tai.

Maybe he needs to change sponsors if red bull aren't paying him enough to compete with the monster boys.

Or maybe his club need to pay him more, if the likes of Doyle can earn enough to compete successfully.

Either way, seems like he must need a new agent, who can negotiate deals which will allow him to compete...

A friend of mine bought a polish speedway magazine early this year which has Emil listed as the highest paid rider in Poland this year.

If the European champion can't afford GP what hope is there for the rest?.

Maybe the others run the GP at a loss ! Would imagine many in the bottom 8 do.

It will never be a proper world championship without the two top riders in the world not in Also Antonio Lindback who must be in the top six in the world

• Like 1

It will never be a proper world championship without the two top riders in the world not in Also Antonio Lindback who must be in the top six in the world

Would not Emil's sponsors cough up more for the added exposure the GP's would bring?.

He has said in the past that lack of top sponsors (and their money) is the reason he cannot afford a 12 series GP season - but he can afford a 4 round Euro championship effort.

Some politics in the background.

There was 4 Russians in the Euros last night - they couldnt get top four for the world team championship. Somethings going on thats causing negatives.

• Like 1

He has said in the past that lack of top sponsors (and their money) is the reason he cannot afford a 12 series GP season - but he can afford a 4 round Euro championship effort.

There was 4 Russians in the Euros last night - they couldnt get top four for the world team championship. Somethings going on thats causing negatives.

Is he in it to make a great living? and for his future and is not to worried about the prestige and the roll of honour?For me he has as much to prove as Ward in the series, a great rider and i believe he would of won it the year Tai won but for injury.If he comes into the series i would think the bookmakers would have Emil favourite but Tai and Ward are at the same level with those three in what a series.

All very odd.

All very odd.

Emil will do and say as he is told as will the other Russians. They likely have very little choice in the matter.

Is he in it to make a great living?

Might not be far off with the word 'living'.

He does as his told.

Is he in it to make a great living? and for his future and is not to worried about the prestige and the roll of honour?For me he has as much to prove as Ward in the series, a great rider and i believe he would of won it the year Tai won but for injury.If he comes into the series i would think the bookmakers would have Emil favourite but Tai and Ward are at the same level with those three in what a series.

He is probably my favourite rider, but tai is a notch ahead.

The euros don't pay better than the gp, and surely red bulls sponsorship would increase if he were world champ.

Very sad that he is being advised against or coerced not to enter the series

On a side note, all those that complain about certain gates being favored at Cardiff/Horsens, need to be watching this SEC at Kumla!

I watched all three and all had the same unacceptable bias. What's your point?

Would not Emil's sponsors cough up more for the added exposure the GP's would bring?.

Emil has stated he can't get sponsorship from his native country due to the lack of GPs not shown on TV in Russia

Well surely he could get sponsorship from other countries that do show GP and other speedway meetings he races in ie Poland-Sweden

It does seem strange, but he lost a lot of money when that Polish club didnt pay him, and now he married and by the sound of it has a small boy (think he mentioned him in one of his interviews on Saturday night)