British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne Eagles Vs Birmingham Brummies 23/8/15 Nl

For those fans travelling from Hampshire and West Sussex a reminder that the A27 is closed at Shoreham after yesterday's tragic accident.

It is expected that the A259 coast road will be really busy and it will be better to make a northerly detour.

Go via mid Sussex, avoid Worthing and Lancing and get onto the M23, adds a few miles but will save a lot of minutes.

Eastbourne tweeted saying 50% off entry for ticket holders to shoreham airshow today and there will be a minute silence held before the meeting for those who lost their lives

Edited by Alex2000

No point worrying about this fixture, it was written off from the moment the fixture was compiled. Seems most Brummies fans aren't too bothered about it either judging by how few are bothering to post on here.

Take the 3 points Eastbourne. The title won't be won this afternoon. What matters is the meeting at Perry Barr in September. That's the one that will decide on who wins the league.

Edited by uk martin

Great win for the Eagles. Happy for Kelsey Dugard with his vital win in heat 14. Hope Cat in Hat could saw the celebration. Kelseywas smiling and punching the air as he came over the line. Home straight loved it.

Onwards to the big showdown at Perry Bar.

No point worrying about this fixture, it was written off from the moment the fixture was compiled. Seems most Brummies fans aren't too bothered about it either judging by how few are bothering to post on here.

Take the 3 points Eastbourne. The title won't be won this afternoon. What matters is the meeting at Perry Barr in September. That's the one that will decide on who wins the league.

Er..............hang on a bit we're not quite dead yet! (....as fans of Monty Python and the Holy Grail will recognise)

• Like 1

Don't get carried away we don't have a Snowballs chance at Perry Barr. They out gated us last night, even the struggling bottom 4 were getting out quicker than us a lot of the time and they only picked up 1 point from a 'moving' eagle between them.

After heat 4 Drury said over the mike that the track preparation at Perry Barr would be very different next week. I can understand him being upset at ten points down already, which is a new experience this season no doubt, but the track was in great condition despite earlier rain as the times proved. There was plenty of dirt and the lads were passing round the outside as well as underneath. No bumps,holes or ruts, a well prepared track.

I can only assume he plans to create a slick track next week so that they can use their superior gating and make it difficult to pass. From the Updates it will be interesting to see how many 'from the gates' there are.

I must say the man did not impress me.

A decent well run meeting last night. The crowd was dissapointing but understandable due to the change of start time. It's been an awful weekend with the shoreham air disaster and the terrible news about darcy ward, life can be so cruel sometimes.

typical drury im afraid, track was smooth , slickish but plenty enough material on the outside for ellis to hammer round brad on lap 1 bend 3 of ht 13.

Easy win really with a cert 5-1 in 14 chucked away by the captain, brum were stronger in the heat leaders but abs zero after.

im just not convinced eastie can win enough races at brum to get the job done however im looking forward to seeing spiller ride there, at rye and eastie hes looked anything but comfortable so far yet still scored well.

thought kelsey dugard showed a very composed attitude in ht 14, safe and steady got the money.

Don't get carried away we don't have a Snowballs chance at Perry Barr. They out gated us last night, even the struggling bottom 4 were getting out quicker than us a lot of the time and they only picked up 1 point from a 'moving' eagle between them.

After heat 4 Drury said over the mike that the track preparation at Perry Barr would be very different next week. I can understand him being upset at ten points down already, which is a new experience this season no doubt, but the track was in great condition despite earlier rain as the times proved. There was plenty of dirt and the lads were passing round the outside as well as underneath. No bumps,holes or ruts, a well prepared track.

I can only assume he plans to create a slick track next week so that they can use their superior gating and make it difficult to pass. From the Updates it will be interesting to see how many 'from the gates' there are.

Have to say I was impressed with Eastbourne when they rode there against Cradley earlier this season. the Brummies ahve an incredible top three but if one of them has an off night anything is possible.

• Like 1

Hmmm. I think Tom Perry must be laughing to be described as a 'superior gater'.

I think you are wrong I think we will prepare a grippy track as we always do. Unlike the night you visited Cradley who always have the track slicker than we.

Time will tell.

Classic Top Heavy vs Strength In Depth contest really with the Eagles never looking in much danger after heat 2. Ellis was imperious, without doubt best number 1 in league, Richard Andrews back on the gas straight away. Looking forward to the trip to Brum for the return, think the Brummies will edge it, but will the Eagles will keep it close all the way.