British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Swindon 9th Sept 19.45

Yep, that's the beauty of Sky but we're used to it .....

What the hell has it got to do with Sky? Clubs agree to the fixture list. Regular meetings every 2 weeks would allow plenty of time for rain offs to be fitted in, could accommodate the odd date change for Sky but no we go weeks with no meeting then cram 2 or 3 into 10 days or so.

Says it all about the BSPA's attitude to fans that they decide to extend the season but can't be arsed to send out a PR to tell the fans and we find out from a local radio station :mad:

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

Banger/stocks at 1300 Monday

Oh right next wednesday they are at Poole but there are two weeks to arrange them surely that s plenty of time to get two meetings in

Oh right next wednesday they are at Poole but there are two weeks to arrange them surely that s plenty of time to get two meetings in

You would think so wouldn't you? Even if it was a double header.

What the hell has it got to do with Sky? Clubs agree to the fixture list. Regular meetings every 2 weeks would allow plenty of time for rain offs to be fitted in, could accommodate the odd date change for Sky but no we go weeks with no meeting then cram 2 or 3 into 10 days or so.

Says it all about the BSPA's attitude to fans that they decide to extend the season but can't be arsed to send out a PR to tell the fans and we find out from a local radio station :mad:

Yeah they have been lax with pr admittedly (already emailed them that this week in regards to Darcy!) but they have to get the fixtures in ready for the scheduled playoff meetings to be advertised by Sky .....

They can't control the weather ...... I want fixtures to last as long as possible myself, winter lasts long enough for me! As Buster said it's not an easy task getting all your riders free for rearranged fixtures.

And anyways, whassup, you won't be coming

Yeah they have been lax with pr admittedly (already emailed them that this week in regards to Darcy!) but they have to get the fixtures in ready for the scheduled playoff meetings to be advertised by Sky .....

They can't control the weather ...... I want fixtures to last as long as possible myself, winter lasts long enough for me! As Buster said it's not an easy task getting all your riders free for rearranged fixtures.

And anyways, whassup, you won't be coming

No I won't but we arranged a family holiday so the family wouldn't miss any matches, so chose the week before the play off cos we trusted the cut off date!!!

I really ought to know not to trust anything to do with speedway after all these years.

Off on hols on 4th - 21st so looks like we will miss a lot of matches now the rain has messed everything up.

Ruddy ridiculous :mad: . Clubs that cannot fit 14 home league matches into 26 weeks really have no business to be in business.

So if it Ps down on 8/9/10 Sept which it may well do what happens then. Clubs that cannot fit their fixtures in by the cut off should suffer the consequences of finishing in the league position they are at on the cut off date.

Coventry had to run one of theirs after the cut off date last year.

Does that mean we can move our fixture on the 3rd so we haven't got King & Howarth missing 😉

Coventry had to run one of theirs after the cut off date last year.

Does that mean we can move our fixture on the 3rd so we haven't got King & Howarth missing

If that happens, and it wouldn't surprise me (no offence to Coventry all clubs would do it) how is that fair on Belle Vue, Swindon, Kl and Poole.

Cut off dates are by their name cut off dates and should be set in stone. I hate drawing comparisons with football but can you imagine them putting off the FA cup Semi Finals....of course not.

Edited by Star Lady

Belle Vue wanted it put back years ago and they also requested more time to run their KO Cup ties - the answer was no.

Belle Vue wanted it put back years ago and they also requested more time to run their KO Cup ties - the answer was no.

As it should be every year.

Only rain offs on the play off dates should be changed.

• Like 1

Didn't Sky want the play offs introduced?If we didn't have the play offs we would have been able to run the league programme up until the end of October,like the good old days.You can remember them cant you :wink:

Just nit picking here.You say run 2 meetings regularly every 2 weeks and it should all fit in nicely and would leave plenty of time for rain offs to be fitted in.Well from April 1st to Sept 9th is 24 weeks which every 2 weeks is 12 matches.Even though for some reason you like a dig at Lynn you have to commend them for fitting their first 12 matches in by August 19th :P .That on average is a match about every 1 week 6 days :D

As it should be every year.

Only rain offs on the play off dates should be changed.

Why?League matches are just as important as the play-offs aren't they.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

Correct, that's why you have March till first week of September to fit them in.

I know the play off dates have been altered when we have had dreadful weather in the season that has affected most clubs but the weather has been much kinder this year so there is no excuse.

The play offs are the pinnacle of the season and every team has plenty of time to fit in their matches. If they haven't then that's just tough. Unless there are extreme reasons there is no reason to alter the dates.

But if the dates need to be changed because of rain offs then so be it .... season doesn't finish til end of October

• Like 1

Didn't Sky want the play offs introduced?If we didn't have the play offs we would have been able to run the league programme up until the end of October,like the good old days.You can remember them cant you :wink:

Just nit picking here.You say run 2 meetings regularly every 2 weeks and it should all fit in nicely and would leave plenty of time for rain offs to be fitted in.Well from April 1st to Sept 9th is 24 weeks which every 2 weeks is 12 matches.Even though for some reason you like a dig at Lynn you have to commend them for fitting their first 12 matches in by August 19th :P .That on average is a match about every 1 week 6 days :D

I didn't actually say Lynn I said clubs, but just to please you :wink: as the BSPA are a collective Lynn (especially with Buster on the Management Committee) have to take their share of the blame. If spedway is a professional sport, and we all have opinions on that, the foundation has to be a professionally produced and run fixture list which many people have been saying for years.

As stevebrum says the weather hasn't been that bad this year, so I cannot for the life of me think why the cut offs should be extended.

But if the dates need to be changed because of rain offs then so be it .... season doesn't finish til end of October

Oh come on BSI decree that it does, surprised you've let that one past :D

• Like 1

Season still races till October agreed however play offs are important for the sport so have to have a set date IMHO, otherwise we run speedway on a whim to suit, no one wants that.