British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Workington: Saturday 29th

Weather looks okish for Berwick today, there will be the odd shower around this afternoon but they will be mostly in the west of the Border, so with a bit of luck Berwick will escape. Hopefully tonight's meeting there will be a prompt start, no accidents and a full meeting including the junior meeting which in some weeks is as enjoyable to watch as the big boys.

As Jacko says on the website our task is whole lot different to what it could have been. Can't see our lads getting anything from this, 52-38

A win is a win :approve: Thanks to Ben and Fish once again :)

• Like 1

Sod the top 6 playoffs the border trophy is the one we really really want,workington will be a ghost town tomorrow in sheer anticipation

Good to see Anders in the points again

• Like 2

The League is what you want to win but we will never do it with this team. Two many riders that can't ride a way from home

So this is what it feels like to win? What a difference it makes having a full quota of heat leaders. Ryan Fisher was outstanding, Ben Barker seemed a lot quicker than first time around and you know what you are getting from the Captain (tough luck in heat 15, looked expensive). A promising debut from Anders Mellgren, two heat wins and handy to have a good gater.

Didn't get a great view of the Barker / Williamson crash, standing on the back straight it looked like a tangle of handlebars, but it looked a terrible crash and so glad to see Williamson up and walking away.

Brilliant to see Matty Wethers back again and in great form. He did it so many times for us last season and it's just what we could have done with this season, a big scoring reserve.

Finally a word for Coty Garcia. The lad is a hell of a trier. Would love to see him get a bit of backing.

And finally, good to see so many fans staying behind on a cold night to see the junior racing.

Just shows the value of a couple of good spares and a new signing when your down in the dumps, just improved Berwick no end, and in the end, were comfortable enough winners!!

No guts in this Comets team on the road, Wells/Wethers apart, the remainder just going through the motions, really should have got something from this match but when your Ht leaders dont turn up your never going to have that happen?

Only just missed out on a point I agree but we did miss out, again, and that long shadow being cast of a season of duck eggs away from home is growing ever longer, Redcar next week, our last chance to salvage something from the wreckage, hope they dont have any good spares waiting in the wings? ;)

Delighted to get back to winning ways, guests played a big part in particularly Ryan Fisher who certainly has a liking for Shielfield. Berwick seemed to have the meeting well in control but an 8-1 in Ht11 made this tighter towards the end of the meeting. After a last place in his first ride Anders Mellgren can be proud of his debut for his new club, and by the looks of things we have a rider who can make consistent good starts.

Good to see Matt Williamson get up from an untidy crash after he was the victim of an over ambitious move from Ben Barker in Ht6, with Barker rightly excluded.

I will be sitting down over the next few days to watch the Memories of Berwick dvd I bought last night, by the looks of things their stock was all but sold out by the time I left the stadium so the club can look forward to making a few quid after the generous deal from the people at Retro Speedway.

• Like 2

I have said many times I have a lot of time for John Anderson but this wasn't a good meeting. Berwick were always in control and the track was very one line - Barker's pass on Williamson was the only one all night.

Williamson's crash was awful and I was surprised to see him walk away and astonished that he came out for the re-run.

The crowd didn't look too bad to me (helped by a fair contingent from Workington).

Its a pity whoever prepares the track isn't as a good as the person who prepares the burgers. They are just superb :t:

I have said many times I have a lot of time for John Anderson but this wasn't a good meeting. Berwick were always in control and the track was very one line - Barker's pass on Williamson was the only one all night.

Williamson's crash was awful and I was surprised to see him walk away and astonished that he came out for the re-run.

The crowd didn't look too bad to me (helped by a fair contingent from Workington).

Its a pity whoever prepares the track isn't as a good as the person who prepares the burgers. They are just superb :t:

I think a regular problem Tiger at Berwick is on an warm sunny day and football is on the track can not be worked on as well as other Saturdays as they held up until at least 5pm

• Like 1