British Speedway Forum
hackneyrocket

Rye House Raiders Website

Ah mama Mia that's it! Lovely person who along with Andrew gave so much. Ive been hotly tipping the Raiders to make top 4 but now I cant decide if I want them to.

Over the winter it looked like the new investment and new blood in the club would bring a huge turnaround. Sadly it seems to have only caused bad blood.

The last thing Rye House needed was any more nails in the coffin. With Len in charge it may have remained in the dark ages but there still would be speedway. With Mr Touring Cars I fear the end is closer than I feared.

Watching the Raiders this year has been a pleasure. The team spirit amongst the lads seems very good. Says a lot about Andrew

• Like 6

As the riders seem to almost be Andrews and Mias family such is the atmosphere the raiders side portrays,I wonder if any riders will decamp too?

As the riders seem to almost be Andrews and Mias family such is the atmosphere the raiders side portrays,I wonder if any riders will decamp too?

Real shame how it's turning out at Rye House..Andrew is just what was needed to revitalise the place..Now he's gone and whatever the conflicts were its a pity it could not have been sorted in house..Speedway in General is on a slippery downhill slide.and this may well excellerate the process in Hertfordshire..I know Andrew quite we'll and we regularly have a chat..I also am aware of the respect the riders had for him and his wife..I wish him we'll for the future,wether that includes involvement in Speedway remains to be seen ?

• Like 4

This is such a shame.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's true about Chessell or if others follow. As Teaboy says they are like a family.

WTF is going on down there?

It would be a shame if the Raiders didn't get something from this season.

There are two sides to every story and Andrew has left for whatever reason?

Hope the team doesn't fall apart after being written off by most people, they have had some fantastic results this year.

I've heard that Luke Chessell has stepped down alongside andrew

Don't think Andrew has stepped down, I think he was pushed!!!!!

Reading between the lines I think very much Len has tried belittling Andrew and unfortunately that's the problem

• Like 1

Reading between the lines I think very much Len has tried belittling Andrew and unfortunately that's the problem

Len is good at that ,his reply in the letters page of SS to a fan about the state of the Kent track was nothing short of downright arrogance ,belittling the fans opinion.

Certainly makes it hard on the riders Andrew and Mia have become good friends of Roberts picking him up and dropping him at the airport , he has had a mechanic , and has enjoyed the team spirit.

Chopper

• Like 1

I'm not going to Rye House anymore this year, nothing against the teams but I do have a problem with lining the pockets of Warren Scott & his Management team.

Apparently Andrew Silver has been told he is not welcome at the stadium anymore, if this is how they treat people I'm not interested in supporting them.

At least X Factors back this weekend LOL

• Like 2

Several 'apparently' and 'I've heard' but are there any links to back up these allegations?

There's something clearly wrong at Rye but apart from Andrew and the Rye owners it's all guesswork as they are the only ones knowing the reasons.

• Like 1

I am sure that many people from the Stoke area will be unhappy about Andrew's apparent departure, as all time track record holder at Loomer rd he is held in very high regard there indeed.

I saw him at Buxton on sunday and remember thinking that speedway needed lot's of Andrew Silvers to get the sport back where it needed to be.

Sadly, it now appears there won't even be one Andrew involved, a dreadful shame and a huge loss, particularly to young riders.

• Like 1

Ive never been Luke Chessell's greatest fan but if he has stepped down in an act of support over how Andrew has been treated then he has earned some respect from me.

Just goes to show how highly regarded Andrew & Mia are by the riders. When innovative & experienced people are forced from the sport it makes for very worrying times ahead.

• Like 3