British Speedway Forum

I think the stadium, Speedway and kartrack, is owned by Lea Valley Regional Park Authority and Warren Scott/Len Silver lease the stadium from them, hopefully on a 99 year lease. I would have thought if the state of the car park is the responsibility of the leaseholders then Scott/Silver and the pub if included should get it sorted, if it's the owners of the land's responsibility then Scott/Silver should get onto Lea Valley Authority to sort it, if they are proper businessmen all the details of who is responsible for what should be clearly set out in the lease. If a rider is badly injured and has to be taken out in the ambulance I don't think the holes, or should I say 'crater' at the entrance would do much to help their injuries.

A huge amount of development has been carried out on the kart track in recent years and I wondered where the money had come from. Who was responsible for that.

What is it you actually want?

At the beginning of the season we was going to have a grass bank (now weeds)

Draft Beer (still cans)

Stands along the top of the bank on bends 1/2 (hasn't happened)

My Wifes complained about the toilets leaking several times (still leaking)

I just want some faith In what the management is telling me & not empty promises.

Also I've seen Steve Web down at Sittingbourne the last 3 weeks, is he still at Rye as well or has he been binned too?

At the beginning of the season we was going to have a grass bank (now weeds)

Draft Beer (still cans)

Stands along the top of the bank on bends 1/2 (hasn't happened)

My Wifes complained about the toilets leaking several times (still leaking)

I just want some faith In what the management is telling me & not empty promises.

Also I've seen Steve Web down at Sittingbourne the last 3 weeks, is he still at Rye as well or has he been binned too?

Where/when was this ever promised?

Len Silver was the one who said there would be improvements week by week if I recall correctly, not Scott.

He was pottering about in the pits at stupid o'clock this morning.

A huge amount of development has been carried out on the kart track in recent years and I wondered where the money had come from. Who was responsible for that.

I wonder if Lewis Hamilton might have had something to do with it.

I wonder if Lewis Hamilton might have had something to do with it.

Another tax dodge then?

Motorsport World Ltd. after they took over from Deavinson's a few years ago.

Being a wet Bank Holiday afternoon with no speedway. I looked on the Lea Valley Regional Park Website and their plans for the future of Rye House Stadium.

'Rye House Stadium to continue as an area of leisure

activities but with substantial environmental improvements

including landscaping, facility modernisation and measures

that reduce noise pollution. The impact of the site on the

rest of the Proposal area to be reduced and the appearance

of the site from the Navigation, the New River and Rye

House Gatehouse to be improved.

Rye House Stadium is currently in a poor state of repair and has

an adverse impact on the Lee Navigation and adjoining high quality

historic and nature conservation sites. The enhancement of this

site is integral to providing an improved waterway corridor and

enhanced Park entrance. The site’s proximity to future residential

development (beyond the Regional Park) will require higher

environmental standards.'

Maybe Len was getting pressure from Freehold Owners and decided to bring in Warren Scott to shell out all the cash required, cannot see it being a quick win in financial terms, so must be looking to try to change use or be in it for the long term ?

PS. Whenever I have approached Warren at Rye House, he has stopped and given answers to questions and appears to be genuinely interested in the Speedway team ???

Re the bit "measures to reduce noise pollution" let's all hope that doesn't mean Rye ends up with the same problem Mildenhall has. Some of these Planning Officers want to take a look at the noise coming from motorways/main roads etc. which are built next to residential areas before they start trying to take away places to entertainment, we don't all want to go to football matches/cinema/shopping centres for our entertainment. If a speedway track was in existance before houses were built it should be allowed to continue.

Re the bit "measures to reduce noise pollution" let's all hope that doesn't mean Rye ends up with the same problem Mildenhall has. Some of these Planning Officers want to take a look at the noise coming from motorways/main roads etc. which are built next to residential areas before they start trying to take away places to entertainment, we don't all want to go to football matches/cinema/shopping centres for our entertainment. If a speedway track was in existance before houses were built it should be allowed to continue.

I couldn't agree more - but - will it?

Edited by The White Knight

Historically the only noise complaints received at Rye House related to the karts, not the speedway. Of course times change.