British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sings4Speedway

Nl Pairs - 5th Sept @ Kings Lynn

GROUP A
RYE HOUSE: Robert Branford & Kyle Hughes.
STOKE: Jon Armstrong & Lee Payne.
KING’S LYNN: Tom Stokes & Jake Knight.
EASTBOURNE: Bradley Wilson-Dean & Marc Owen.
COVENTRY: Martin Knuckey & Darryl Ritchings.

GROUP B
MILDENHALL: Danny Halsey & Connor Mountain.
BIRMINGHAM: Tom Perry & Zach Wajtknecht.
BUXTON: Liam Carr & Ryan Blacklock.
CRADLEY: Max Clegg & Ellis Perks.
KENT: Ben Morley & Danny Ayres.

So what are everyone tips for this?

Personally I think Rye House & Stoke from Group A. Cradley & Kent from Group B. (I know Brum will do well but just cant bring myself to tip them.

Rye House to take the overall title.

Looking at that field, I don't think anything is clear cut!

The NL Pairs is always a cracking meeting, full of upset, controversy and excitement.

If the weather is kind, we know the track will be perfect and we will all be in for a real treat.

I don't care who wins, so long as all of the riders go home unhurt, safe and enjoy a great meeting without untoward expense.

Hopefully I will get to meet many old friends there too?

• Like 2

Interestingly, the Speedway GB site gives two start times for this meeting, 7pm and 7.30 pm.

probably starts at 7:15 then Edited by Alex2000
  • Like 2

I've not seen a concessions price quoted, which is quite unusual.

I've not seen a concessions price quoted, which is quite unusual.

Juniors £4, kids under 11 free from the advert.

Looks like one price for adults, £15.

Conessions for pensioners are on their way out - with the "subsidy" going to youngsters. Makes long-term sense.

Interestingly, the Speedway GB site gives two start times for this meeting, 7pm and 7.30 pm.

7pm on king's Lynn website.
  • Like 1

Conessions for pensioners are on their way out - with the "subsidy" going to youngsters. Makes long-term sense.

Does it?

Surely long term we're all gonna be pensioners but none of us will become kids again..?!

It's been our approach with Coventry Storm - over 16 pay £10, 16 and under go free. It makes it easier for a family to afford to attend and, hopefully, gets the youngsters hooked - they are the fans of the future after all!

It's been our approach with Coventry Storm - over 16 pay £10, 16 and under go free. It makes it easier for a family to afford to attend and, hopefully, gets the youngsters hooked - they are the fans of the future after all!

Rye House do the same, adult concessions for the Rockets, one price for all adults for the Raiders.

Does it?

Surely long term we're all gonna be pensioners but none of us will become kids again..?!

Start saving then...

I've been let into a fact by a PL promoter that I was chatting to that at PL admission price levels (full fare at his place = £16), the average cash in the till per supporter that the promotion gets is between £8-£9. That's the impact on a club's revenue giving discounts to pensioners is. There's a lot of places where pensioners make up the majority or a goodly proportion of the fan base, and where the "full fare" is paid by only a minority of supporters. I had to agree with him, it does not make for long term financial viability of the sport. Sounds from the above posts that there is a start being made to address this problem.

So, I should be attending this to cheer Eastbourne on (whether I get a student concession or pay full adult price ;)). Hoping the weather is kind, though I know it won't be so kind as to be nice and warm! Hope it's a good crowd.

So, I should be attending this to cheer Eastbourne on (whether I get a student concession or pay full adult price ;)). Hoping the weather is kind, though I know it won't be so kind as to be nice and warm! Hope it's a good crowd.

Now you see, it would make good promotion and marketing sense for the BSPA to get into bed with the NUS, so that students could get universal discounted admission, in return for cross promotion of the sport through NUS channels...but of course that requires a little foresight and work in setting the deal up. Young adults within a few years of being "full fare payers" are what the sport should be aiming at but no-one seems to be doing it. It seems that people of student age are not as important as small kids who are 10-15 years away from paying full fare at the gate. Work that one out.

• Like 2