British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn V Leicester 01/09/15

In a year, when it was hoped to celebrate the Club’s 50th Anniversary in the sport with some success, it has ending up as nothing more than a Damp Squid. Disappointing, Lack Lustred, Uninspiring, there are many words to describe the way this team has performed of late and last night was only the final nail in the inevitable coffin.

Call it what you will, Fate, Fortune, Luck, all conspired to diminish the Stars efforts as ‘Also-Rans’. I wrote at the time the loss of Rory was massive. Not only our 2nd heat leader and Captain, but also the inspiration of the whole team. He was the motivator, Mr Team Spirit himself, and because he was never replaced, the team has descended from that point. Fortune again played its part with the loss of Lewis Kerr. Because of some pathetic ruling he couldn’t be replace. For any team to lose two of their top riders they would have struggle, and that’s the way it’s turned out.

Last night’s result was not important. We are far too weak to compete in the playoffs, and this result merely stops us from embarrassing ourselves against the stronger teams. Winning to me is not the be-all of everything, but I do demand effort. If rider’s, can’t be bothered than why should we. Last night’s meeting as a spectacle, excitement, competition, was poor. The track was even worse than the first meeting when the Referee deemed it was dangerous. Had the Ref had balls he would have seen through the antics of Doyle, and let the three riders at the tapes race to a conclusion. All he did was provide another twist of fate against this depleted side.

I congratulate the Lions on their win, but in all honesty, any team, would have beaten us. We were that poor. With the exception of Niels, the rest of the team wasn’t interested. Porsing always rides hot and cold, Lambert rode as though he had too, rather than wanting too, Morris was embarrassingly last every race, and Kenneth’s fall from grace is as spectacular as it is sad. Once a top rider, but now, only a shadow of his former self. That, coupled with some strange Referee decisions and a missed opportunity for Double Points, all of which conspired to this home defeat. If it wasn’t for the effort from our two guests the margin would have been much greater.

Fortunately, it was over in quick time. At the end, the atmosphere resembled a wake. The quietness was deafening. The supporters moved quietly to the Car Park in an orderly fashion. It was as though all had finally accepted our faint hopes of success had ended. Tonight result against Poole will only cement the inevitable.

It is sad, the way this season has ended, but in reality, our hopes of success ended the day Rory was injured.

Excellently put, especially the bit I've highlighted. I'd add that the promotion don't appear to have put much effort in either. Very few quotes unlike Rosco, Middlo and Mark Lemon so the fans feel ignored/left out/not valued and no arse kicking and sacking of non performing riders. It's all very well saying we win as a team and we lose as a team but a team is only as strong as it's weakest link and if you have a weak link you mend or replace it.

I've just had the impression that the passion has all but left the club, it's only some of the fans that have any left.

• Like 2

Bjerre is and has been a bit of a joke for a couple of seasons now...He will bottle it big time even if you do scrape into the playoffs...

He should retire and get a proper job in Santa's Grotto... or a pantomime! - High Hooooo!!! :D

Why no Tact ride in Heat 6.... Dear oh dear!!! :o

You make it sound easy to ride a speedway bike.Maybe we should have replaced Bjerre with you just to see how you would get on.Obviously you would have been at number 1 in no time ;)

And Starlady you mention about mending/replacing your weak link,is it that easy to bring in new riders now?I don't think it is because Buster would have done that i'm sure.How many other weak links have been replaced in other teams,not many because as you well know not many riders want to come here anymore.It's easy with many posters on here,myself included at times saying lets get so and so but if they don't want to come you cant make them.

Edited by tellboy

Starboy118, on 01 Sept 2015 - 10:42 PM, said:snapback.png

if you don't care why post ...bad loser alert .

I still take note. Not caring doesn't prevent me from having an opinion. Do you think it should?

Yea ..as if you never cared you would not even post ..the fact that you have post means you do care .

Having visited speedway for the first time at the Firs and seen Fundin, Nygren, Bales, etc, I will always have an interest. But, as for caring? No, take it from me mate, you don't have a Scooby.

You make it sound easy to ride a speedway bike.Maybe we should have replaced Bjerre with you just to see how you would get on.Obviously you would have been at number 1 in no time ;)

And Starlady you mention about mending/replacing your weak link,is it that easy to bring in new riders now?I don't think it is because Buster would have done that i'm sure.How many other weak links have been replaced in other teams,not many because as you well know not many riders want to come here anymore.It's easy with many posters on here,myself included at times saying lets get so and so but if they don't want to come you cant make them.

Maybe it's not that easy but personally I would rather pay my money to watch a young British rider on a lower average who actually puts the effort in than a foreigner who gives up and eases off when challenged by other riders.

British speedway has relied on foreigners for far too long at the expense of young Brits and are now paying the price. That applies to all clubs BTW not just Lynn

• Like 1

Maybe it's not that easy but personally I would rather pay my money to watch a young British rider on a lower average who actually puts the effort in than a foreigner who gives up and eases off when challenged by other riders.

British speedway has relied on foreigners for far too long at the expense of young Brits and are now paying the price. That applies to all clubs BTW not just Lynn

I too would like to see more English riders given the opportunity,is there any about at the moment though?Think we may have to wait a couple of years to get the stocks up first but there are some coming through I believe.I wouldn't mind a step back to the PL but there seems to be just as many foreigners in that too.

I tell you what as well,it isn't just speedway where some foreigners don't seem to put in to much effort and keep their jobs ahead of the English.But that's a job for the government to sort out :o

Lynn have carried bjerre all season , any other side with ambitions of winning the league would have slung him 3 months ago, that's where the major problem lies, well done to Lester , tbh I want belle vue in the play offs as I think they've got a squeak of running someone close

or 3 years in our case.

• Like 1

Not so sure Coventry should be included in that.

Excellently put, especially the bit I've highlighted. I'd add that the promotion don't appear to have put much effort in either. Very few quotes unlike Rosco, Middlo and Mark Lemon so the fans feel ignored/left out/not valued and no arse kicking and sacking of non performing riders. It's all very well saying we win as a team and we lose as a team but a team is only as strong as it's weakest link and if you have a weak link you mend or replace it.

I've just had the impression that the passion has all but left the club, it's only some of the fans that have any left.

Perhaps you wanna talk to Rob about how much time and effort he has put in lately ....

Perhaps you wanna talk to Rob about how much time and effort he has put in lately ....

Errrr no. I can remember when the fans were actually told things even if it was there is nothing to tell.

The whole PR thing around the club lately is flat, unimaginative, uninformative and quite frankly just about useless. Contrast that with Poole, Swindon and Coventry....notice the difference?

I don't know whose fault it is, whether it's the guy who does the website/social media, whether Buster and Rob don't give hm anything to work with or whether it's a conscious decision not give fans info and involve them but it's crap basically. When Chris Hornby was about speedway was always in the news, Gavin Caney to give him credit does his best but if he's not given the raw materials to work with can't conjure stuff up.

For heavens sake they have the best up and coming rider in Britain on their books in Robert Lambert.....bloody use him for publicity purposes. Him and Lewis Kerr are local lads but I would guess 98% of the population of Lynn and area have no idea who they are.

Rant over.....but you did lead me into it :wink: .

• Like 3

Effort is all well and good Trees, But where is the end result ? Thats what people will judge him and Buster on.

• Like 1

In a year, when it was hoped to celebrate the Club’s 50th Anniversary in the sport with some success, it has ending up as nothing more than a Damp Squid. Disappointing, Lack Lustred, Uninspiring, there are many words to describe the way this team has performed of late and last night was only the final nail in the inevitable coffin.

Call it what you will, Fate, Fortune, Luck, all conspired to diminish the Stars efforts as ‘Also-Rans’. I wrote at the time the loss of Rory was massive. Not only our 2nd heat leader and Captain, but also the inspiration of the whole team. He was the motivator, Mr Team Spirit himself, and because he was never replaced, the team has descended from that point. Fortune again played its part with the loss of Lewis Kerr. Because of some pathetic ruling he couldn’t be replace. For any team to lose two of their top riders they would have struggle, and that’s the way it’s turned out.

Last night’s result was not important. We are far too weak to compete in the playoffs, and this result merely stops us from embarrassing ourselves against the stronger teams. Winning to me is not the be-all of everything, but I do demand effort. If rider’s, can’t be bothered than why should we. Last night’s meeting as a spectacle, excitement, competition, was poor. The track was even worse than the first meeting when the Referee deemed it was dangerous. Had the Ref had balls he would have seen through the antics of Doyle, and let the three riders at the tapes race to a conclusion. All he did was provide another twist of fate against this depleted side.

I congratulate the Lions on their win, but in all honesty, any team, would have beaten us. We were that poor. With the exception of Niels, the rest of the team wasn’t interested. Porsing always rides hot and cold, Lambert rode as though he had too, rather than wanting too, Morris was embarrassingly last every race, and Kenneth’s fall from grace is as spectacular as it is sad. Once a top rider, but now, only a shadow of his former self. That, coupled with some strange Referee decisions and a missed opportunity for Double Points, all of which conspired to this home defeat. If it wasn’t for the effort from our two guests the margin would have been much greater.

Fortunately, it was over in quick time. At the end, the atmosphere resembled a wake. The quietness was deafening. The supporters moved quietly to the Car Park in an orderly fashion. It was as though all had finally accepted our faint hopes of success had ended. Tonight result against Poole will only cement the inevitable.

It is sad, the way this season has ended, but in reality, our hopes of success ended the day Rory was injured.

You now know how the Lions supporters feel!!!