British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish Play-offs 2015

Few more question Ghost as it looks to be very close now with Indianerna 10 pts lead.

What in case of a draw on aggregate? I remember you mentioned some kind of Race Off? 1 vs.1?

And last thing. On Polish TV they said something about THJ. That his problems are mainly because of some kind of depression? Problems with girlfriend or something like that, commentators only mentioned it without full explanation. Did she dump him?

Just watched that heat 14...how many bums would he put on seats if he rode EL full-time?.

BSI should find big sponsors for Emil right now to attract him to be back.

They NEED him (BSI), we NEED him to love GP series again!

Few more question Ghost as it looks to be very close now with Indianerna 10 pts lead.

What in case of a draw on aggregate? I remember you mentioned some kind of Race Off? 1 vs.1?

And last thing. On Polish TV they said something about THJ. That his problems are mainly because of some kind of depression? Problems with girlfriend or something like that,

commentators only mentioned it without full explanation. Did she dump him?

Yes, correct, there will be a race off heat. Each team nominates one rider+reserve, Winner of heat wins the total.(rule 10.1.7.1).

I don't know about much THJ's private life except that he and his then gf, got married this summer and they also have 1 or 2 kids together.

Besides from that I don't know of anything regarding his private life.

Edited by Ghostwalker

I watched this with my old man who doesn't care at all about Speedway. Heat 14 even woke him up. Riders like Emil make speedway more exciting. I'm not sure if his health is still the reason he doesn't do GPs, but if tonight was him not at full fitness then... :blink:

If it's a money issue, sponsors should be beating his door down. He could easily get more people watching speedway.

I watched this with my old man who doesn't care at all about Speedway. Heat 14 even woke him up. Riders like Emil make speedway more exciting.

I'm not sure if his health is still the reason he doesn't do GPs, but if tonight was him not at full fitness then... :blink:

If it's a money issue, sponsors should be beating his door down. He could easily get more people watching speedway.

Most people believe that the reason for his absence is due something else then lack of funds or etc.

• Like 1

Yes, correct, there will be a race off heat. Each team nominates one rider+reserve, Winner of heat wins the total.(rule 10.1.7.1).

I don't know about much THJ's private life except that he and his then gf, got married this summer and they also have 1 or 2 kids together.

Besides from that I don't know of anything regarding his private life.

One rider + reserve? So it is not for example Emil vs. Antonio? 2 pairs of riders? What if 3-3? Another pair?

Edit: just found it myself. Pair of riders vs. pair of riders. If 3-3 then another 2 pairs, if another 3-3 remaining pairs (7th rider is reserve in case of tape exclusion/injury). If 9-9 after 3 heats then 4th is the last one and it is old style 1 on 1.

Could be very exciting! I would call them sudden death championship heats.

Edited by krompa

Best lap and a half ever seen from Emil, even yelled like kelv at the missus, ooohhhh what a move! Impressive as hell!

Most people believe that the reason for his absence is due something else then lack of funds or etc.

Whatever the reason, it's a real shame. World speedway needs riders like him.

One rider + reserve? So it is not for example Emil vs. Antonio? 2 pairs of riders? What if 3-3? Another pair?

Edit: just found it myself. Pair of riders vs. pair of riders. If 3-3 then another 2 pairs, if another 3-3 remaining pairs (7th rider is reserve in case of tape exclusion/injury). If 9-9 after 3 heats then 4th is the last one and it is old style 1 on 1.

Could be very exciting!

Sorry I looked at the wrong rule.

The correct rule (* 10.1.8 Skiljeheat vid samma antal förarpoäng i Race Off:) says:

Skiljeheat vid samma antal förarpoäng i Race Off:

I händelse av att båda lagen har uppnått samma antal förarpoäng efter de båda mötena skall skiljeheat genomföras för att fastställa vilket lag som vinner. Skiljeheat skall genomföras

i maximalt 3 heat med 2 nominerade förare från respektive lag i s.k. ”sudden death”. Innan skiljeheaten tar sin början skall respektive lagledare nominera 3 par i sitt lag. Paren skall

nomineras i den ordning de avses att användas. Hemmalaget nominerar sina förare först.Den förare som inte nomineras är reserv för övriga förare vid uteslutning på grund av

Touch the Tape eller för förare som är startberättigad i eventuell omstart men inte kan delta,dock endast en (1) gång. Om det blir oavgjort i det första skiljeheatet genomförs ytterligare

ett skiljeheat med nästa nominerade par, osv. Om ställningen efter 3 skiljeheat fortfarande är oavgjord nominerar respektive lagledare 1 förare + 1 reserv för denne som genomför ett

fjärde och avgörande skiljeheat, enligt SR 5.5.

So 2 riders from each team in maximum 3 heats. Whatever team first gets a heat point advantage (3-0,3-2,4-2,5-1,5-0) wins the total.

Edited by Ghostwalker

BSI should find big sponsors for Emil right now to attract him to be back.

They NEED him (BSI), we NEED him to love GP series again!

Think that would be a conflict of interests !

heat 14 was amazing.......so stylish to watch, flat out racer, who would moan about entry money

with him around!!

Poor meeting,

Top riders doesn't make good racing.

Rather watch juniors.

I seem to remember you saying the Belle Vue playoff was a good meeting and now you're saying this was poor?!?!