British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish Play-offs 2015

Thanks for reminding me that Hampel is a Vetlanda rider as well.

Are there concerns in Swedish speedway that Vetlanda are so strong that it's devaluing the whole league?

These play-offs really do look a complete formality.

Which problems? Dackarna being rubbish hasn't anything to do with the squad system.

Neither does it say anything about the squad system itself.

What problems ? you lose one of the worlds best riders and he can't be replaced by anyone as near as good as him ...how the others rode how strong the oppo has nothing to do with the above point . So it's says a lot about the squad system .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Weather is go for launch. Haven't rained for most of the day and no more rain is expected.

The other meeting could probably have been held today as well but the forecasts yesterday said lots of rain all day and evening.

It have also been confirmed that tomorrow's meeting will be televised.

Current Eurosport TV schedule showing highlights at 9.15pm (BST)

Guest or squads - neither is perfect. Both have big flaws. As said many times, I prefer the idea of a guest pool. So in the UK Greg, Emil, Woffy, THJ etc would all be available to guest. That way you're not using your oppositions riders, yoiu're allowing some of the less regular riders to have the off meeting over here form time to time when it mutually suits....

9.15 AM-tonights match definitely not on British Eurosport.

No it isn't now although it was on their schedule at the time I posted

Hi all,

Not having much luck so far with a "live" stream of this evening's meeting. The usual suspects have the Bees/Swindon meeting scheduled but no Sweden. :sad: Anyone got anything? Alan.

Shown on a premium service/pay and "rights for Sweden only". Looks like we are out of luck. :sad:

What problems ? you lose one of the worlds best riders and he can't be replaced by anyone as near as good as him ...how the others rode how strong the oppo has nothing to do with the above point . So it's says a lot about the squad system .

Sure you can. Vetlanda did with Hampel. They replaced Hampel with Emil (who is part of Vetlanda's squad). So they replaced on of their two top riders (Tai and Jarek)

with someone who is even better then the rider they replaced. As I wrote, it is all about how the team manager decides to build his team/squad.

Dackarna could have signed a better rider then Hans Andersen to become less vulnerable to injuries on Nicki and Doyle but they choose not to and

thus when Nicki became injured they will suffer (obviously also because Joonas in injured). They could have refrained from negotiating Dudek's contract

and used him instead of Hans. They could've signed Janowski or Zagar instead of Hans but they didn't and now they pay the price for that.

A team manager could like Dackarna's put all effort/money/average cap space on one rider and thus be vulnerable to injuries or you could

build a team/squad with a little less one man show and a little more "depth".

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

Am I blind or really Palovaara and Davidsson rode as R/R for Holder. Wtf?

Okay, now I got that Holder cant be replaced by everyone, okay, my fault.

Edited by cphx

Am I blind or really Palovaara and Davidsson rode as R/R for Holder. Wtf?

Okay, now I got that Holder cant be replaced by everyone, okay, my fault.

So who can take Holders last heat?

So who can take Holders last heat?

Dudek.

• Like 1

Sure you can. Vetlanda did with Hampel. They replaced Hampel with Emil (who is part of Vetlanda's squad). So they replaced on of their two top riders (Tai and Jarek)

with someone who is even better then the rider they replaced. As I wrote, it is all about how the team manager decides to build his team/squad.

Dackarna could have signed a better rider then Hans Andersen to become less vulnerable to injuries on Nicki and Doyle but they choose not to and

thus when Nicki became injured they will suffer (obviously also because Joonas in injured). They could have refrained from negotiating Dudek's contract

and used him instead of Hans. They could've signed Janowski or Zagar instead of Hans but they didn't and now they pay the price for that.

A team manager could like Dackarna's put all effort/money/average cap space on one rider and thus be vulnerable to injuries or you could

build a team/squad with a little less one man show and a little more "depth".

Sweden Don't have a way to keep their teams of similar strength then?

Sweden Don't have a way to keep their teams of similar strength then?

We have an average cap, which is set to 10.250 (heat averages) then there is an agreement (which some teams circumvent) of three Swedes per lineup.

There is, however, no cap limit for the squad but a limit for 7 riders with an average above 0.500.

As for the line-up, as long as the riders fit under the cap and as long as the two riders with the lowest floating average are at positions 6 and 7

a team manager can put the riders in any order he or she likes.