British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Swindon V Coventry Select Thur 4th Sep

Would Coventry be considering an overseas replacement for Joonas or would they be looking at guest riders on a horses for courses basis ?

Lets hope we go for it considering what's at stake and big crowds turn up during the play offs.

• Like 1

Yes, there's a seven-day window to replace riders with season-ending injury.

SR 16.3.4.1 A 7-day window, prior to the scheduled date of the first EL Play-Offs will enable EL Clubs only to replace long-term Injured Riders, but not with Riders in other EL Team Declarations. NB. SR 16.3 does not apply but Riders must be fully licensed, have current Start Permission and be eligible to participate in UK Speedway.

What is not clear is whether this permits a like for like rider in replacement i.e. Up to average of rider being replaced or a replacement rider permitted up to the available average (quoted on here as 8.3 by someone) with a full team redeclaration?

My guess would be the former making the position less beneficial for the Bees, but I don't know.

Perhaps somebody in the know could confirm the rule?

Edited by 65Sarge

What is not clear is whether this permits a like for like rider in replacement i.e. Up to average of rider being replaced or a replacement rider permitted up to the available average (quoted on here as 8.3 by someone) with a full team redeclaration?

My guess would be the former making the position less beneficial for the Bees, but I don't know.

Perhaps somebody in the know could confirm the rule?

SCB will be the person to ask!

Its not clear in the rules so expect the BSPA MC to make a decision on whatever they think is fair!!

How do Coventry get on with the hierarchy? Oh hang on a minute...................!!

Edited by Skidder1

Its not clear in the rules so expect the BSPA MC to make a decision on whatever they think is fair!!

How do Coventry get on with the hierarchy? Oh hang on a minute...................!!

This post sums up why this sport in this country is continuing to decline. 💰💰💰

• Like 5

Killer prob didn't fancy it with the GP challenge tomorrow. A point to Cov wouldn't have mattered anyway. They will win both their remaining fixtures and we will get battered at Poole so 3rd place for us anyway.

I thought Killer got eliminated in the GP challenge rounds already?.

I thought Killer got eliminated in the GP challenge rounds already?.

Racing tonight at Rybnik about 5pm on updates.

Edited by A ORLOV

Think he was a wildcard along with Lindback

Cheers as thought he pulled out of an earlier round injured during the meeting.

Didn't post it on the night of the meeting but I wasn't happy with the idiot wits behind me who cheered when Hans crashed. This is our title winner skipper crashing in an irrelevant meeting. Why cheer? Idiots. Especially after what has happened to Darcy in the last couple of weeks.

• Like 4