British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cyclone

Edinburgh Vs Newcastle Plkoc, Semi, 1st Leg, 4/9/2015

well thats shocking to be fair...

Hes rumoured to have broken ribs?? Now i know speedway riders are tough, but i find it unbelievable that he can ride with broken ribs? I did it twice ( broke ribs) and believe me you can hardly breathe or walk nevermind turn a bike...

I hurt my ribs and it knacked when I sneezed or laughed,,,

Be a mighty dash to get to finland from scotland late on a friday night, for a saturday 2pm meeting surely :)

wonder what time the last flight was ? mmm

Did both riders visit 'lily the pink' on Saturday morning ???

Fair enough, Hansen, he has a committment to his club before others and, IF Tero HAD to ride in Finland, thats fair enough, but putting a statement out saying they were both unfit, even on the 'speedway gb' website doesn't look good,,,

Newcastle management must have known about Tero's Finnish meeting (if he did have one),,, surely would have said that,,,

certainly wouldn't be asking Hansen to guest after 'dropping us in it',,, I would ask Mr. Worrall, emm hold on ;)

trouble is, if George was to go, I fear the club would also go :(

We don't know that for sure one way or the other until its tested, but what we do know is the team is getting in my opinion weaker and weaker each season and now imo each meeting it is now five years ago since we staged a proper side at full strength.

Not good enough in my book as year on year it goes up and entertainment goes down!!

if George was to go, I fear the club would also go :(

We don't know that for sure one way or the other until its tested, but what we do know is the team is getting in my opinion weaker and weaker each season and now imo each meeting it is now five years ago since we staged a proper side at full strength.

Not good enough in my book as year on year it goes up and entertainment goes down!!

well, people do say that 'not any 1 person is bigger than a club',,, bit of a risky test to take tho IMO,,,

Agree can see what's going on with young riders in Midlands and other venues but action has to be taken to get these riders in the PL.Years ago when it was tried and Boxall made a mockery of the averages they didn't know what to do.Imo grading riders would be a better way than averages.I have always said IMO averages are killing the sport.I know we need some control regarding riders though.

What about Garrity? PL number 1, but racing against NL riders in the EL

What about Garrity? PL number 1, but racing against NL riders in the EL

Whats that got to do with getting young Brits into PL,which is what I think needs to happen.
  • Like 1

if George was to go, I fear the club would also go :(

You could well be proven right and I'm not saying I'm not wrong but speedway is dead either way imo as the club and the whole sport becomes more expensive and diluted not sustainable either way you look for long term.

well, people do say that 'not any 1 person is bigger than a club',,, bit of a risky test to take tho IMO,,,

lets just hope its sorted and, the club is ok for next season and beyond :)

• Like 1

lets just hope its sorted and, the club is ok for next season and beyond :)

Completely and whole heartedly agree :t::cheers::)

• Like 1

It's not the fact he rode today it's the fact he didn't ride 18 hours earlier (seemingly) and that's not mentioning Hansen and do people really expect crowds to turn up when that happens. Not on in what was the biggest meeting of the season and I think there should be some explanations to the people who do actually pay their money it's them I feel really sorry for.

Well George did explain what went on, and why he could not get good guests. I was going to say at the time that George usually does explain things, and sure enough he did in his column in the last nights meeting magazine. Of course you would have to attend in the first instance, and then also buy the magazine at the track.