British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

THJ last rode here as a 2nd string behind Ward, Hancock and Janowski in 2013 helping Poole to the EL title and gaining a 5.69 average in a much tougher format than we have now. He then went on to become Swedish champion and a GP rider.

I assume you are suggesting he still be a 2nd string?!

He came in as a reserve and finished a second string, i liked him, very friendly and nice guy, asked if he would be back in 2014 he said he would like to be but things change dont they, shame though would have liked him back and a 5.69 average is a bargain.

He came in as a reserve and finished a second string, i liked him, very friendly and nice guy, asked if he would be back in 2014 he said he would like to be but things change dont they, shame though would have liked him back and a 5.69 average is a bargain.

Yes he came in on 5.30, immediately dropped to 5.21 but went to Number 2, rode his first meeting as a 2nd string v Bees on 31st July 2013 scoring 12+2 and then against the Eagles a week later scoring 12+1 - happy days!!

Getting rather frustrating being a Lions fan at the moment. The lack of signings, I can deal with. The knowledge that we'll have a bang average (at best) septet next season, I can deal with. But the lack of professionalism and the lack of keeping the fans updated what is happening and where the club are at in terms of talking to riders etc, is a little bit frustrating.

I also question the logic of the club sometimes. We know for a fact, because he's said it a million times that the club doesn't want uncommitted riders (Ljung, Pedersen, Michelsen etc) and yet, the club, for the second year running, appear to be snubbing the potential services of Simon Stead, a British rider, with sufficient talent and more professionalism than you could expect of any sportsman.

• Like 2

Don't forget that they also lost Sam Masters this season due to messing him around, he wanted to return is living in Leicestershire in 2016 but Hemsley offered him less than this year and PL money and would commit to signing him.

The more I hear and as time goes on the more I fear that Leicester will not run in 2016 I have a feeling the club have made their decision and are just waiting on when to release it.

Don't forget that they also lost Sam Masters this season due to messing him around, he wanted to return is living in Leicestershire in 2016 but Hemsley offered him less than this year and PL money and would commit to signing him.

The more I hear and as time goes on the more I fear that Leicester will not run in 2016 I have a feeling the club have made their decision and are just waiting on when to release it.

This is ridiculous if it's true.

For years we wait for a return of speedway in Leicester then it appears that the rug is pulled from under our feet.

From day one this could have been the blue print for the future of speedway,a brand new facility with nice little track in a good location for major road networks,stadium with uninterrupted views,close to the action and management with the vision to go forward.

However it seem to not be working out as our loyal faithful were expecting.

I agree that as a business it has to earn money to survive and if your in business you have to make harsh decisions for the good of the company and its share holders.

The main issue is the quality of the product that are hoping to sell, you may think your product is the best thing since sliced bread but the reality is that it's only in your head and you sometimes have look out of the box and listen to others who may have better ideas /solutions

It's about surrounding yourself with good people with a broad wealth of knowledge.

I think this is where issues lie at BP

You have wake up to the fact that if you want a sucessful team it will cost you money and the best riders will ride for you if the conditions are right for them you can't go round peeing them off cos they don't enjoy the track or you won't bend on the race night .

Mr Hemsley don't be so stubborn,change from Saturday's it don't work for everyone,get a team that worthy of the entrance fee and one that wins things and I can guarantee that the crowds will return.

The product is everything.Get it right

• Like 3

Yes he came in on 5.30, immediately dropped to 5.21 but went to Number 2, rode his first meeting as a 2nd string v Bees on 31st July 2013 scoring 12+2 and then against the Eagles a week later scoring 12+1 - happy days!!

As i recall not a gater and exciting to watch with a never give up attitude, would be good signing.

It does the club a lot of damage if people spread those sort of rumours around without some hard facts to back them up. Leicester seem to have more than enough problems at the moment without gossip that potentially pushes them closer to the edge. DH might not be flavour of the month but he deserves a fair chance to get himself sorted without being knifed in the back.

• Like 2

It does the club a lot of damage if people spread those sort of rumours around without some hard facts to back them up. Leicester seem to have more than enough problems at the moment without gossip that potentially pushes them closer to the edge. DH might not be flavour of the month but he deserves a fair chance to get himself sorted without being knifed in the

Couldn't agree more. Occasionally I question some of his decisions, I'll admit to that. But I don't doubt his pride in what he has achieved at Leicester. There seems to be some short memories, it wasn't long ago at all we had no speedway in Leicester. Now, hugely thanks to David Hemsley, we are back, competing in the top tier of British Speedway. I for one, will be eternally grateful of that.

Also, so many people argue that he has too much pride to drop down to the premier league. How on earth can you have too much pride for that, but a small enough amount to drop out of racing for a season all together? I'm fairly sure (can never be certain!) the Lions will be at the tapes in 2016, with what strength 7 I remain in doubt

I fully agree BecketLion All Leicester fans should be very grateful for David Hemsley getting Speedway back in Leicester and what he has achieved.

He just needs to listen to the fans and riders he will then have a happier and successful club at present myself and others just find it disappointing and annoying the way the club is going. The whole race night thing was based on the Poole match last season which got rained off BH Monday then on Tues evening got rearranged for the Thursday obviously this is short notice and there was no way of letting people know yet Hemsley took the lower than normal crowd that Leicester fans won't support mid week

• Like 2

It does the club a lot of damage if people spread those sort of rumours around without some hard facts to back them up. Leicester seem to have more than enough problems at the moment without gossip that potentially pushes them closer to the edge. DH might not be flavour of the month but he deserves a fair chance to get himself sorted without being knifed in the back.

Failing to keep fans informed of what's going on is also very damaging and certainly doesn't portray Hemsley or the club in a good light.

At least the season tickets are on sale - which is more than can be said for certain other teams, including some that have completed their 1-7s!!

I haven't read any comments from DH or Masters even indicating he was even in the picture to be back at Leicester next season.

I'd imagine it's the usual rumour mongering and people assuming with no concrete evidence.

If I've missed any announcement then I will take that back obviously.

No doubt someone will provide a link if that's the case.

Couldn't agree more. Occasionally I question some of his decisions, I'll admit to that. But I don't doubt his pride in what he has achieved at Leicester. There seems to be some short memories, it wasn't long ago at all we had no speedway in Leicester. Now, hugely thanks to David Hemsley, we are back, competing in the top tier of British Speedway. I for one, will be eternally grateful of that.

Also, so many people argue that he has too much pride to drop down to the premier league. How on earth can you have too much pride for that, but a small enough amount to drop out of racing for a season all together? I'm fairly sure (can never be certain!) the Lions will be at the tapes in 2016, with what strength 7 I remain in doubt

whilst being grateful for Hemsley getting Speedway back in Leicester in reality it has been a extremely poor when it comes to the "product" on the track.........surely the reason for going to Beaumont Park is the so called action on the track which is 90% rubbish......but hey ho the customers are never right are they Dave.
  • Like 2

Its just so bleeding simple and obvious that it's painful. Has been all along.

Elite league on Saturday is a no-go. Premier league on Saturday is workable. Best day for speedway in Leicester is Saturday. Friday could be ok, but there are issues with that, so it's not an option at present anyway.

The track is dire and needs to be changed, not just altered.

It's not complicated, is it?

• Like 7

According to the Leicester Mercury, a lot of damage has been caused by vandals recently. Volunteers required to help sort out all of the problems. Not good news.