British Speedway Forum
Robinh88

Where Was Cookie Today?

Despite not being a fan of the majority of Monarchs fans due to their inability to debate and be smug this is possibly the most pointless thread of all ive ever seen on here.

2 friends of mine went from Ipswich and they agreed that Cook was by far the fastest rider on show but simply firstly picked the wrong gate then rode a very poor first bend.

He was the best rider there and the only saving grace is that because he didn't win we don't get pages of smugness!

Best rider there but he score the same as Ostergaard in the heats then lost to him in the final. Slightly insulting towards Ostergaard

There`s not a team out there that wouldn't have Cook in their team, he has proved himself as one of the best riders in the PL. Ok he has an opinion, and sometimes that opinion is mis-judged but what he does on track seems good enough to me.

• Like 1

I'd have him in my team.

As long as he didn't greet about the track every 5 seconds.

Looks like he has done the same about Sheffield yesterday.

He can keep blaming tracks for not taking his talent to the next level.

• Like 1

I'd have him in my team.

As long as he scores the points he can greet as much as he wants, agree about moving to the next level, he needs to move EL full time and pick up contracts abroad. He signed for Stal Gorzow in Poland but hasn't been used, and when you see the riders he is competing with you can understand why, maybe he would be better looking at one of the lower leagues in Poland and get a regular place in the team each Sunday, where even there the standard in at least as good and possibly better than our PL but from what Cook has said he will double up again next year.

Some folk are jealous of cook and are always trying to put him down. Cookies quality, superb rider deal with it.

Isn't it time though that he concentrated full time on competing with the big boys. After all he is a top 3 British rider, a World Cup competitor and has ridden in 2 GPs. He is also in my top 10 Elite riders on current form doing better than the likes of Harris, Lindgren, Batchelor & Nicholls.

• Like 2

Folf like you are the reason your club won't be running next season.

Bit harsh Mr B gloating on the fact a club may close because his opinion differs from your's.

He is entitled as much as the next person to form his opinion of Cook.

I couldn't care less what Cook does or doesn't do as he rides for another team apart from mine, but to say that club may close because off fan's like him is just plain wrong.

For the record I and many other true speedway fan's hope Berwick do not close and I respect there opinions might not alway's agree with them but respect them all the same you should do similar Mr B.

• Like 4

lol im sure Robin could handle himself against Cook, unless he bites

when was there rules in a rumble. try having a scrap with a female, no rules there whatsoever. L.O.L.

Bit harsh Mr B gloating on the fact a club may close because his opinion differs from your's.

He is entitled as much as the next person to form his opinion of Cook.

I couldn't care less what Cook does or doesn't do as he rides for another team apart from mine, but to say that club may close because off fan's like him is just plain wrong.

For the record I and many other true speedway fan's hope Berwick do not close and I respect there opinions might not alway's agree with them but respect them all the same you should do similar Mr B.

I don't want any club to close. That was said in a the heat of the moment witch I apologise for now.

I'd have him in my team.

Can you find me a quote were he blamed the track yesterday as I certainly can't.

Im not a fan of Cook the person nor of some of his clubs fans but this thread is pointless. Cook (Stead apart) is the best in the premier his riding ability isnt under question. He made a mistake in the final thats racing

Im not a fan of Cook the person nor of some of his clubs fans but this thread is pointless. Cook (Stead apart) is the best in the premier his riding ability isnt under question. He made a mistake in the final thats racing

The very top riders don't make mistakes in finals. That's what separates the men from the boys.

• Like 1

The very top riders don't make mistakes in finals. That's what separates the men from the boys.

you have a serious chip on your shoulder. Im by no means Cooks biggest fan but you are talking a load of old bull.

Of course the top riders make mistakes in finals. One of the greatest riders of all time Hans Neilsen mad a huge error in the first turn of the very first gp in Poland.

Cook messed up the final its that simple. How many times have we seen riders storm their heats and mess up in finals.

• Like 1

you have a serious chip on your shoulder. Im by no means Cooks biggest fan but you are talking a load of old bull.

Of course the top riders make mistakes in finals. One of the greatest riders of all time Hans Neilsen mad a huge error in the first turn of the very first gp in Poland.

Cook messed up the final its that simple. How many times have we seen riders storm their heats and mess up in finals.

It's just a bit of banter a la Cookie's tweets.

Everyone makes mistakes, even the very top riders - Ivan Mauger openly admits he made a mistake in his 1973 world final run off, when he could have waited to try his passing move.

• Like 2