British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Plymouth Devils ( P L) - Friday, September 11th (7.30pm)

A decent meeting last night, not one of the best but as always a good track and some brill racing. The Scorps got to grips with the situ, put in a strong effort and pulled it off to secure 6 x 5.1s on the trot., Plymouth come back with the tactical ride earning an 8. 1 that brought the Devils back into the match. Plenty to race for at that stage but Scorps come out on top. Not that I would have minded Plymouth getting the win as I would rather see them get the play-off spot than Ipswich. What happened at Scunny when Tungate deliberately raced into Josh I will never forget. He should have had a permanent ban! Go Plymouth get those needed points at Rye House.....Good luck!

• Like 5

I'm a speedway fan of 50 years. During that time Westcountry teams have had a rough time. It hasn't been easy for The Devils. Geographics alone work against us!

I'm also a rugby man and not a shrinking violet. I like to think I am a good sport.

So, in the best spirit I can muster .. I hope that Scunthorpe survive to ride on next year.

That said, the things written and the antics that went on before, during and after Friday night's meeting does speedway no good and makes Scunthorpe Speedway look like a disgrace to speedway. Those words were not fro me but from a neutral who was there .. a Somerset supporter!

For my part ... whatever went on, THANK YOU Scunthorpe for making The Devils go to Rye House with a point to prove. The sign of a great team.

The Devils deserve this success and if Scunthorpe supporters are a sporting as they like to think they'll show a little magnanimity in the outcome for Plymouth.

I look forward to seeing The Scorpions at The SBA in sunny Devon next year.

• Like 1

Rogero, I think you'll find the majority of Scunny fans are pretty chuffed that you reached the play-offs.

It's nice to see a team get in there that hasn't been in there before. Good luck in the play-offs.

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

I'm a speedway fan of 50 years. During that time Westcountry teams have had a rough time. It hasn't been easy for The Devils. Geographics alone work against us!

I'm also a rugby man and not a shrinking violet. I like to think I am a good sport.

So, in the best spirit I can muster .. I hope that Scunthorpe survive to ride on next year.

That said, the things written and the antics that went on before, during and after Friday night's meeting does speedway no good and makes Scunthorpe Speedway look like a disgrace to speedway. Those words were not fro me but from a neutral who was there .. a Somerset supporter!

For my part ... whatever went on, THANK YOU Scunthorpe for making The Devils go to Rye House with a point to prove. The sign of a great team.

The Devils deserve this success and if Scunthorpe supporters are a sporting as they like to think they'll show a little magnanimity in the outcome for Plymouth.

I look forward to seeing The Scorpions at The SBA in sunny Devon next year.

Rogero top post we're in the playoffs despite the everythimg that went on at scunnu maybe if they had an honest promotion not feeding them b******t the support would be better !

Rogero top post we're in the playoffs despite the everythimg that went on at scunnu maybe they had an honest promotion not feeding them b******t the support would be better !

That is out of order! Its not as if Plymouth has had the support it needed this year either and you wouldnt even have finished the season if your promotion hadnt been bailed out.

You got what you wanted your playoff spot now leave off these guys!

• Like 1

As you predicted Lewy i see your friends are now starting to appear.At least you can say you got to the playoffs before departing to GLASGOW

• Like 1

As you predicted Lewy i see your friends are now starting to appear.At least you can say you got to the playoffs before departing to GLASGOW

Yes manse very predictable its like dumb and dumber!

Rogero. I cannot for life of me understand what you mean about " what went on at Scunny" From the stand on the start line I could see practically everything that went on. The only thing I did notice was in one race one of your riders, I think holder made a dangerous move at high speed on I think it was Davies that resulted in a few Boos. After the race near the pits was bit of scuffle, look the other way and you'd have missed it. Now had you been talking about the Ipswich meeting. That was something happening every minute from the time that Tungate deliberately raced into Josh after the race had finished. We were a very angry crowd to say the least! Believe it or not the Scunny fans wanted desperately for you to go through to the play offs rather than Ipswich. We wish you luck now that you've achieved it.

A quick question regarding Heat 14:

After Jack Holder came steaming under Alex Davies on the last bends of this race, Alex went wide, nearly fell, and I'm sure he lost second place to team-mate Carl Wilkinson. I'm not the only one who had Wilko down as 13+1 - for example, this was what was listed on the BSPA website.

And yet the referee's programme shows Alex still as second. Live updates also show Alex as second - but they could have simply taken this from what was announced on the night.

Which rider do other people have down as second in this race? Obviously it doesn't affect the 53-40 scoreline, it's just a neatness thing!!

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Heat 14... Ref called it white, blue, red over the line.. that's also what I recorded on my sheet as they crossed the line. Therefore, 1st Holder, 2nd Davies, 3rd Wilkinson.

Maybe Graham announced it wrong?

Incident Recorder.

Heat 14... Ref called it white, blue, red over the line.. that's also what I recorded on my sheet as they crossed the line. Therefore, 1st Holder, 2nd Davies, 3rd Wilkinson.

Maybe Graham announced it wrong?

Incident Recorder.

Cheers. No Graham announced blue (Davies) as second. It was just several of us thought Wilko had got it.

Seems we were wrong. :wink:

All the best

Rob