British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Countershaftcounter

Nlrc 2015

Sorry but I will not tolerate language , obviously it was noted by other people but if you can't voice an opinion on here without abuse I won't bother .

Junior

Oh handbags handbags

Funny how different supporters see things I was told Morley pulled a big locker and Ellis did well to miss him .

Junior

Again, you're making comments without actually seeing the meeting. Morley was racing on the outside line, taking the line Ellis had been riding all meeting. Ben then switched inside on the last bend to block Ellis's run. Perfectly legal move and shows a good speedway brain.

I've always thought of Ben as a bit of a white liner, but he's come on leaps and bounds on yesterday's showing. His bike looked pretty quick which always helps. Deserving winner, no doubt

• Like 1

Totally agree with Shads on this,some people are confusing a locker,or unwanted lock up,with a controlled cut back regularly used by Ben as a tacticle move..

There should be no doubt Morley was the best rider and deserved the win. As said, in the final heat there didn't seem to be more than 2 bike lengths between them with Morley taking Ellis preferred outside line virtually all race then switching to hug the inside line on the last bend to block Ellis inside move, brilliant race from both of them. Roll on the nlrc AT Rye House next year I say.

We'll done to young Ben, I for one hope that he kicks on next year and can get a PL spot at a track he likes , and I can't see why that wouldn't be Rye.

Chopper

• Like 1

On the topic of meeting format, the best rider on the night should be winner. If Morley had then had to face a semi and a final he may have not won the meeting and that would have been incredibly unfair.

If riders are tied there is the run off system which works fine.

I think the majority of posters on here agree that the fairest format is the 20 heat top scorer wins...with run offs for tied places of course...The semi,s and final formats were brought in because the powers that be think it creates more excitement at the end of a meeting..However it is not as fair,,,it's a bit like the end of season play off,s for the league champions,,same reasoning applies?? I know which I prefer in both circumstances and it ain't the semi,s and finals or play off,s

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

I noticed the other night. Kent individual meeting 12 man line up and then 2 semis. What incentive is there to race hard in the heats, you only had to get 8th to qualify.

I noticed the other night. Kent individual meeting 12 man line up and then 2 semis. What incentive is there to race hard in the heats, you only had to get 8th to qualify.

The incentive is that it's a cheap format for the promoter to run a 'fixture filler' meeting.

• Like 2

The 12 rider format as has been said above is the cheap way to run an individual and invariable consists of a poor cheap line up,,result is usually a rubbish meeting..with an equally poor attendance which it deserves ...In my opinion

Edited by waco
  • Like 2