British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

Whatever Has Happened To Coventry's Appeal?

SCB STATEMENT - BEES V POOLE

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 29, 2015

BELOW is an SCB statement regarding the abandoned Coventry v Poole fixture and subsequent hearing and ACU appeal.

Further to the Press Release issued on 16th July 2015 the SCB wish to advise the following.

The Coventry Promotion, as was their right lodged an Appeal to the Auto-Cycle Union.

Whilst preparing for the Appeal Hearing, the SCB realised that at the SCB Court’s Disciplinary Hearing, a flaw was spotted concerning the composition of the SCB Court in that it did not fully comply with the 2015 Speedway Regulations.

Following internal discussions the SCB agreed with the ACU, that the Appeal Hearing should not take place and that the Appeal Fee paid by Coventry should be returned.

Regarding the £3000 fine imposed by the SCB Court, at the Hearing held on Thursday 9th July should be quashed, although the fines imposed by the Meeting Referee would stand as these had been correctly imposed; the Court had merely endorsed their agreement of the Meeting Referee’s actions.

There only so much rubbish you can sweep under the carpet until it begins to smell all the time!

That is a very convenient way of not having to deal with the 'track inspection' that never happened prior to the running of Heat 10.

It was decided that there was nothing appealing about them!!!!

Surely the appeal to the ACU could only be about the SCB officials' decisions - which as I said at the time was likely to be futile (aside from any 'technical error' as admitted today).

At the time and in one of my posts I fully supported Horton's attempt to get clarification of the decision-making protocols for Sky meetings - but I guess that is something that has already been 'agreed' amongst members of the BSPA (the promoters), the SCB and Sky/GSI and was merely an attempt to muddy the waters as well as the track!! (Sorry couldn't resist!!)

here ya go coventry have your 3 grand , now run along and dont cause a fuss

Not asking for much are they. Only way that will happen is if they have some sellotape handy.

What a convenient decision. I hope that Mr. Horton asks for the interest on the three grand!

So, yet again, the SCB demonstrate their utter incompetence - not even knowing the terms within their OWN Regulations, is at best laughable; and at worst absolutely disgaceful.

A bunch of utter clowns that should be sacked.

• Like 2

Are you assuming Horton actually paid over the £3k???

What about all the donations called for from the fans? I guess they'll get repaid immeadiately?!

• Like 1

What a convenient decision. I hope that Mr. Horton asks for the interest on the three grand.

At the BoE base rate that comes to about £4!

At the BoE base rate that comes to about £4!

£3,004 it is then.

Principle is often more important than profit.

What about all the donations called for from the fans? I guess they'll get repaid immeadiately?!

Are you assuming that he hadn't? Who knows - it isn't clear. The same for fan donations. Was this ever collected? Who knows.

Suffice to say that the money aspect is purely secondary; albeit, I assume you are using this aspect as a smoke-screen for the bigger picture. The most important issue is that the SCB are too incompetent to abide by their OWN regulations. Can that be deemed acceptable?

But then, as a Poole sycophant, the SCB are your allies - and any stance taken that is 'anti-Coventry' must be a good one, eh?

" composition of the SCB Court in that it did not fully comply with the 2015 Speedway Regulations."

so basically someone was in there making decisions when they had no right to, i dont suppose we will find out who!

the whole meeting was a farce, i was there and it never should have started, that being said we should equally have been grown up and ridden heat 10.

• Like 1

I don't think they took any money from the fans.

Principle is often more important than profit.

"principle" :D A long lost concept in the World of speedway. In fact in the World in general.