British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf1 - Belle Vue Aces Vs Swindon Robins, 14 Sep 2015

The only think I'd say makes a difference is the number of teams in the league at the time. More teams = harder to win a title. Poole have done it in 8-10 team leagues, BV did it with how many teams in the league? I make it 19,19 and 18 when BV won their 3 BL titles on the trot and 16 when they won the BL2 in 1969 so slightly more impressive.

BL2, in 69, not the top league then ?? I wonder who won BL 1 in 69 ?? :party:

Edited by Starman2006

Anyway, well done to Belle Vue. A professional job well done and a result that leaves the Robins a bit of a mountain to climb. Of course they can do it but have to perform as The Aces did in the opening heats and get the tactical out by about heat 6 to have any chance.

I was one of the few that made the long trip up and regretted it from heat 1. Shades of our performance in the final at Monmore. I don't have a problem with Batch but he is not a leader of men nor does he lead by example, well certainly not this season. He probably is captain by default but I am never convinced he will set the tone and his nervous twitch and subsequent tumble just adds credence. Zengi out in Heat 1 to set the tone and get the team moving in the right direction.

The rest of the team are not blameless either and to have no points from your heat leaders, who happen to ride the track well, is embarrassing.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your outlook, I will not be there next week but in my heart I know the season will finish on Monday.

When it matters most blueboy, Batch is found wanting. Maybe I have been spoilt in watching the great Leigh Adams when he led Swindon. Whenever there were crucial races to win or last heat decides, Leigh would deliver.

I can't remember Batch ever doing it.

• Like 2

Swindon were poop, I am hoping Belle Vue take it all the way and when I say that I mean the Title I am a Poole supporter but would love to see Vue win it.

• Like 2

When it matters most blueboy, Batch is found wanting. Maybe I have been spoilt in watching the great Leigh Adams when he led Swindon. Whenever there were crucial races to win or last heat decides, Leigh would deliver.

Batchelor (and Doyle) were both a let down for Poole when it came to the playoffs in 2007.

I can remember Leigh doing it for us too, and again I don't think you can rely on Batch when the chips are down

Batchelor (and Doyle) were both a let down for Poole when it came to the playoffs in 2007.

As we were fourth & Coventry led the league I think that we were not expecting to win a Brandon anyway.

I can remember Leigh doing it for us too, and again I don't think you can rely on Batch when the chips are down

As we were fourth & Coventry led the league I think that we were not expecting to win a Brandon anyway.

And wasn't Batchelor crying during that meeting and Crump had to give him a cuddle (or man hug)!!

Doyle rode at Brandon 4 times in 2007. His second best meeting was in the play-offs. He was also the beat of your bottom 5! He beat 2 opponents? Boyce beat 1 while Batch and Boxall failed to beat anyone! By yeah, Batch let you down but eh was only a 5 point man and the Bees didn't have a single rider with a lower average. Edited by SCB

There were at least 14 Swindon fans on the 3rd /4th bend with scarves and flags. We had a good old time. We even started celebrating 5-1 to BV because it looked at times we wouldn't get a finisher in some heats.

Shame the chap with the loud hailer from the Coventry away match didn't manage to make the trip though.

Edited by Anzum
  • Like 1

I saw him stood with Rosco in the pits after the meeting....

Bless him, the poor little fella was bawling his eyes out and screaming to anyone that would listen something along the lines that it wasnt fair and that Belle Vue were cheats and that he was never going to a speedway meeting again.

I felt really sorry for him so I had to go over and have a word to try and console him.....

Whilst there, I had a chat with the little lad at the same time and he said he had really enjoyed it!!

WAHEY!!!

Brrrrummmmmmmm Tisssssshhhhhhhhhhh!

I'm here all week.....

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 PMSL

Love it

I think that for quite some time most punters were saying that the BV reserves would win it by overpowering the Robins reserves. I don't think it turned out like that at all. I was quite impressed by the performance of the Robins reserves. I think they will have quite a say in the return at Blunsdon, although Stevie W should collect a few points, after his season there. I am not too sure that 14 points will be enough for BV. :wink:

• Like 1

On Polish TV there was some pretty incredible story about Josh Grajczonek.

They said he was almost ready to quit sport and fly back to Australia after Lewis Kerr accident. Wasn't aware that Kerr's wife was pregnant and it all had such big impact on Josh.

Luckily Lewis is getting better and Josh can still ride and enjoy it.

What a hero he was yesterday. 9+1 from number 3. Excellent performance.

I agree, an excellent performance....

Call me sceptical, but I always feel there could be a few Secret Agents about. Even now, forgetting Darcy at Swindon, and Milik at Lynn, Josh at Belle Vue is well placed to be called a upon, if the need be necessary...

Just hope Josh proves me wrong and scores well in the Final, and puts that Monkey to bed......... :t:

I agree, an excellent performance....

Call me sceptical, but I always feel there could be a few Secret Agents about. Even now, forgetting Darcy at Swindon, and Milik at Lynn, Josh at Belle Vue is well placed to be called a upon, if the need be necessary...

Just hope Josh proves me wrong and scores well in the Final, and puts that Monkey to bed......... :t:

Sure he will. He's a local lad, for an Aussie, living about 5 miles from the track. Yes, he's a Poole asset, but I'm sure that a Winners medal will mean more to him than who his "contract", whatever that means, is registered with.

• Like 1