British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf1 - Belle Vue Aces Vs Swindon Robins, 14 Sep 2015

It will be heart breaking for any Swindon fan coming up for this match, to look across at the impressive new Belle Vue stadium going up in the way it is. I do hope Swindon will have a finished stadium for next year.

As for the result, my guess is an eight point win for the Aces, at home and a six point defeat away.

They will...The Rosco Arena is taking 5 months to build starting early winter. Will go 48-42 to the Mancs, then 50-42 to The Robins at The Abbey

• Like 1

51-41, Rosco needs to get Troy and Nick going, both been pretty poor recently.

Would have to try to hold BV to about a 6 point lead, anything bigger will be difficult to claw back unless as you say both Nick and Troy do better than they have recently.

Belle Vue have the momentum that Swindon had before Darcy's tragic accident, on recent results I can only see an Aces win over the 2 legs.

• Like 1

I really think this could go either way.

If the Robins top 5 all fire to a decent % of their ability I don't think the Aces can live with them, but, that does not look highly likely, very few points in it on aggregate I reckon, weather could play a big part, wet track = useless Troy 😓💦😓

• Like 1

51-41, Rosco needs to get Troy and Nick going, both been pretty poor recently.

Don't think double point TRs are now allowed in Play-Offs.

That'll be 51 - 39 then.

Edited by cyclone

Don't think double point TRs are now allowed in Play-Offs.

That'll be 51 - 39 then.

Where did you read that. I haven't heard of that change anywhere

Belle Vue have the momentum that Swindon had before Darcy's tragic accident, on recent results I can only see an Aces win over the 2 legs.

I think this is true. In fact, I think that not only could Belle vue win this tie but they could even win the title.

I remember going to Coventry v Swindon, and coming away on such a high. I actually thought to myself that Swindon were going to win the title - and I never think that!

To have the rug so cruelly taken out from under our feet just after was a real blow. Life always comes and trips you up when you least expect it!

In the circumstances, I think we brought in the best replacement we could. But Peter riding as a second string throws the side out of balance, and Darcy's injury seems to have affected the form of the side - and Nick Morris in particular.

We have two sides here looking to win and see out the time at their stadium in a big way. As you say, the momentum seems to be with Belle Vue, but if Swindon can all click then there's no reason why we can't still do it.

• Like 3

He must have heard it in a dream!

Pity because that is the only fair way.

I think this is true. In fact, I think that not only could Belle vue win this tie but they could even win the title.

I remember going to Coventry v Swindon, and coming away on such a high. I actually thought to myself that Swindon were going to win the title - and I never think that!

To have the rug so cruelly taken out from under our feet just after was a real blow. Life always comes and trips you up when you least expect it!

In the circumstances, I think we brought in the best replacement we could. But Peter riding as a second string throws the side out of balance, and Darcy's injury seems to have affected the form of the side - and Nick Morris in particular.

We have two sides here looking to win and see out the time at their stadium in a big way. As you say, the momentum seems to be with Belle Vue, but if Swindon can all click then there's no reason why we can't still do it.

May the best team win

• Like 2

With 80% of rain forecast for both Belle Vue & Coventry on Monday, does anybody know when the restaging date would be if rained off?

The weather for Monday is not such a wash-out as it was 24 hours ago.... Trying to forecast T100 is a very loose prediction, to get a reasonably accurate forecast, T24/T36 is much more accurate.... (T) hours to forecast time...

I wouldn't bother looking at the weather forecast until Monday morning.

Good luck to the Aces, they deserve some success for a change.

• Like 2

I think this is true. In fact, I think that not only could Belle vue win this tie but they could even win the title.I remember going to Coventry v Swindon, and coming away on such a high. I actually thought to myself that Swindon were going to win the title - and I never think that!To have the rug so cruelly taken out from under our feet just after was a real blow. Life always comes and trips you up when you least expect it!In the circumstances, I think we brought in the best replacement we could. But Peter riding as a second string throws the side out of balance, and Darcy's injury seems to have affected the form of the side - and Nick Morris in particular.We have two sides here looking to win and see out the time at their stadium in a big way. As you say, the momentum seems to be with Belle Vue, but if Swindon can all click then there's no reason why we can't still do it.

M

Normally agree with you Grach, but the Aces to win the title? No chance whatsoever. As I've always said, the Pirates are far too strong for any side over two legs.

• Like 2