British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf1 - Belle Vue Aces Vs Swindon Robins, 14 Sep 2015

M

Normally agree with you Grach, but the Aces to win the title? No chance whatsoever. As I've always said, the Pirates are far too strong for any side over two legs.

Swindon drew at Poole last week so would fancy their chances over two legs.

• Like 1

The problem is, you're comparing a match that didn't matter, to a match that definitely would matter,if it ever happens!

Edited by BritPete

Swindon drew at Poole last week so would fancy their chances over two legs.

They have also lost 54-36 there not so long ago and that was with Ward.

I'm not convinced North would have so many bike problems in the play offs.

They have also lost 54-36 there not so long ago and that was with Ward.

I'm not convinced North would have so many bike problems in the play offs.

One would hope not!

We also drew at Poole but they didn't have MJ. When they had a full team we beat them on aggregate.

M

Normally agree with you Grach, but the Aces to win the title? No chance whatsoever. As I've always said, the Pirates are far too strong for any side over two legs.

Interesting comment which many would agree with. The league table would rightly suggest Poole would be favourites over the Aces in a two legged tie, after all they finished 12 points ahead of us in the table.

Head to head results between the Aces & the Pirates in 2015 would suggest it might be less clear cut:

At Kirky Lane: Aces wins 49-44 & 53-39.

At Wimborne Road: a 45-45 draw & a 53-40 Pirates win.

Dakota North has been brilliant in his appearances at Belle Vue this season - & his form, good or bad, would be key in any clash between the two sides.

However before any such clash, there's the tie between the Aces & Robins, two excellent sides. Before Darcy Ward's dreadful accident I'd have backed the Robins to progress, now I'm like everyone else finding it very difficult to call. Either way I'll be at Kirky Lane & Blunsdon for both legs - can't wait! :drink:

• Like 1

It will be close over the two legs, but i think the Ace's momentum will see them home.

Can't see the winner of this semi final (whoever it is) winning the final though. :cry:

Edited by Garry1603

Belle Vue will win courtesy of their reserves scoring more than Swindons.

The top 5 should equal each other although Matej looked in pain in tonight's GP.

Belle Vue will win courtesy of their reserves scoring more than Swindons.

The top 5 should equal each other although Matej looked in pain in tonight's GP.

I doubt Zagar will be racing. AJ is on standby

There's not much option,who else is there and he has been riding ok in the UK recently. However, any opinion that he is as good as Zagar is nonsense.

• Like 1

There's not much option,who else is there and he has been riding ok in the UK recently. However, any opinion that he is as good as Zagar is nonsense.

AJ's scores at Belle Vue have been good but he is very inconsistent.

Zagar is a big miss for Belle Vue as he had been in brilliant form for his team before his injury. Definitely weakens the aces.

Edited by mdmc82

The nearer this meeting gets the more I'm expecting us to bottle it. There is no team quite like Swindon for bottling the big occasion.

• Like 1

It still looks like the weather could be the winner, drizzle from 1pm and rain from 5pm.

Edited by A ORLOV

Belle Vue are resting Zagar

AJ comes in to replace

Fantastic news. He's been awesome at belle Vue this year. We may win a heat 1 at home ;)

• Like 2