British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

How can a no 8 go to reserve as he's there to replace a missing rider in the main body?.

Only asking or is that another rule missed?.

No Huckenbeck is not eligible to ride at reserve. The rules are crystal clear. An absent Number 6 (who is NOT an EDR) can only be replaced by a Guest. The additional rider (AR) can replace any top 5 rider. The rules explicitly cover a non-EDR at reserve and explicitly do not permit an AR as cover. There is no ambiguity.

Now whether the rules are ignored is another issue.

Edited by 500cc

Where was it ever stated that Kai was number 8 and NBJ in the main team? I've only ever seen NBJ being referred to as a 'squad member' and that was after Kai was announced?

Where was it ever stated that Kai was number 8 and NBJ in the main team? I've only ever seen NBJ being referred to as a 'squad member' and that was after Kai was announced?

He has been listed as a Number 8 all season on each issue of the official BSPA 2016 Elite League Team Declarations. Jakobsen has been listed in the 1-5.

He can't as far as I know. He can only cover 1-5

It's Jacobsen who rides at reserve now as he's the rider declared in their top 5 but I could be wrong.

It's very confusing this year

Rules again not clear on this one.A number 8 can only cover a 1-5.As Jacobsen was declared in their 1-5 can he still replace him at reserve.I would have thought so because I am sure he cant cover Wilko who is now in the 1-5 but is an EDR.Rules as confusing as ever.

If Huckenbeck can go to reserve it won't be for long as he only has 2 away meetings to complete for an average.

Now I'm not so sure !!!

I thought ARR was the additional rider in the rules; but of course its the Additional Rider Replacement. So now I move from the certain camp that its not allowed, to not having a clue !!!

Edited by 500cc

He can't as far as I know. He can only cover 1-5

It's Jacobsen who rides at reserve now as he's the rider declared in their top 5 but I could be wrong.

It's very confusing this year

I think that once again the rule has been poorly drafted, but my conclusion is that Huckenbeck will be allowed to ride at reserve.

Otherwise it would mean that he can only replace any top 5 rider, and that includes Wilkinson.

I think there would be a lot of objections if a foreign number 8 regularly replaced a British EDR rider.

I think that once again the rule has been poorly drafted, but my conclusion is that Huckenbeck will be allowed to ride at reserve.

Otherwise it would mean that he can only replace any top 5 rider, and that includes Wilkinson.

I think there would be a lot of objections if a foreign number 8 regularly replaced a British EDR rider.

EDRs can only be replaced from the EDR list or, additionally for Tier 1, a British PL rider without an EL average.

EDRs can only be replaced from the EDR list or, additionally for Tier 1, a British PL rider without an EL average.

Are you sure. The rulebook also says ARR is the only replacement for a no 4 or 5. But that isn't correct because they can of course also be replaced with the number 8, as Huckenbeck has regularly done for Jakobsen.

I.e. It appears that the rule about no 8s replacing any of the top five overrides the other rules about replacements for riders.

Edited by arnieg

I think the rules are a total mess on this one and they have not thought about what will happen if an EDR goes into the 1-5, is he still an ERD or is he a 1-5 rider? and obviously vice versa, if a 1-5 rider drops to reserve is he still a 1-5 rider? There is no definition of a 1-5 rider.

It's often said the rules are badly written and I'm not sure they are. But in this case I don't even want to try and second guess what the BSPA will come up with!

Good to see Troy get a few practice laps today.So looks on track for the 18th

• Like 1

If we ever need a replacement for puk I don't think we should look much further than kk.very few riders can touch him around the afa

If we ever need a replacement for puk I don't think we should look much further than kk.very few riders can touch him around the afa

No Huckenbeck is not eligible to ride at reserve. The rules are crystal clear. An absent Number 6 (who is NOT an EDR) can only be replaced by a Guest. The additional rider (AR) can replace any top 5 rider. The rules explicitly cover a non-EDR at reserve and explicitly do not permit an AR as cover. There is no ambiguity.

Now whether the rules are ignored is another issue.

If only!! The rules for the EDR are so ambiguous

The one thing that stands out about all the rules, is that they are never crystal clear.

You can say that again.