British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

How can you say that GRW123, were you in the pits, were you there?

Do you always need to be right there in the pits im sick of supporters not been able to have a view ..

By the way i wasnt in world war 2 but i know it happened or did it ??? was i there ???

It wasn't so much that we lost last night, , it was more about the desire and application shown by the whole setup of Riders, Managers and Promotions

Most things in life are achieved by those who want it the most, It quite obvious we're not that bothered......

I thought we would've been good enough to get at least a point....... Never once did I imagine we'd roll over......

I predicted that Lynn might at least get a point last night from a close meeting but was surprised by the lack of fight later in the meeting.

Kings Lynn just need to look out when the roobins visit on the 18th.

• Like 2

Doesn't do much for team spirit when the clubs owner has a major fall out with the club captain in public - all throughout this season and most of 2015 when team changes was clearly needed it come over as just going through the motions and that's continued into 2016 I really don't think they care and want the season out of the way - as for 2017 can only hope attitudes change .

• Like 1

Do you always need to be right there in the pits im sick of supporters not been able to have a view ..

By the way i wasnt in world war 2 but i know it happened or did it ??? was i there ???

Unless GRW123 spoke to them or watched them, how can he accuse them of not trying or applying themselves?

WWII, erm hardly the same ..... are you saying the Nazis didn't try to win? 😯

Edited by Trees

Unless GRW123 spoke to them or watched them, how can he accuse them of not trying or applying themselves?

WWII, erm hardly the same ..... are you saying the Nazis didn't try to win? 😯

time to take those rose tinted glasses off its plain to see all is not well at the club . How would you feel if your boss bollocked you in public ? and other from what I've read other riders was disgusted by what was said to Rory - the point is team spirt is low Rob looks racked off as well Buster seems like I said just going through the motions . All is not well it's plain to see I think .

How can you say that GRW123, were you in the pits, were you there?

No fortunately I resisted the opportunity fearing, what might happen actually did.. I don't have to be in the pits to see the response of a team when the scores show exactly the effort applied... After heat 4 the Lynn Stars won just one more race. ( Niels in Ht13) During that time Tungate and Grajczonek won 6 of those 10 races. Please don't tell me these are world class riders, They ply their trade as 2nd strings at best. But they wanted it more than the so called Stars. The track at Swindon is not the best, and gating is probably more important there than some of the other tracks, But whatever the conditions it is the same for both sides. For a team to succumb to a 22 point difference from heat 4 is unforgivable......

It's all very well you blowing sunshine up their arses, but you only do it when they ride well. I want to see more Effort, Team Spirit and Application... before I start giving praise out....

• Like 1

No fortunately I resisted the opportunity fearing, what might happen actually did.. I don't have to be in the pits to see the response of a team when the scores show exactly the effort applied... After heat 4 the Lynn Stars won just one more race. ( Niels in Ht13) During that time Tungate and Grajczonek won 6 of those 10 races. Please don't tell me these are world class riders, They ply their trade as 2nd strings at best. But they wanted it more than the so called Stars. The track at Swindon is not the best, and gating is probably more important there than some of the other tracks, But whatever the conditions it is the same for both sides. For a team to succumb to a 22 point difference from heat 4 is unforgivable......

It's all very well you blowing sunshine up their arses, but you only do it when they ride well. I want to see more Effort, Team Spirit and Application... before I start giving praise out....

I would never ever of thought Swindon would be classed as a gaters track.In its heyday England v Usa test matches it was thought of as one of the fairest and best racing tracks in England.I hate to say it but this year that track is a shadow of its former glories some average racing at best. Edited by Sidney the robin

I would never ever of thought Swindon would be classed as a gaters track.In its heyday England v Usa test matches it was thought of as one of the fairest and best racing tracks in England.I hate to say it but this year that track is a shadow of its former glories some average racing at best.

My view exactly Mark, I once thought Swindon was one of the best, but like everything else time moves on...... :drink:

I don't think you can say the riders lacked effort,it's their living at the end of the day.How can you say they lacked effort because of their scores that is total rubbish.So when NBJ bust a gut in his first home meeting to score 1 he lacked effort did he.Simply what they score doesn't mean they lacked effort.Simple answer our riders were not as good as Swindon's on the night.

Things have to change at the club that is clear to see, but will Buster let that happen. I doubt it. He is very old school and appears to be stuck in his ways. Rob looks to have taken a back seat, all we seem to hear from recently is Dale about EL matters, perhaps he is taking it over?

Changing Mads for Rory was the worst decision. Yes, Rory is good, but he is coming back from another injury and perhaps he needed more time on the bike. Mads would've given more stability. But, i've no doubt that once that changed happened, any form of team spirit we had, disappeared along with our hopes of a top 4 finish.

And Trees, take the rose tinted glasses off. The club is struggling. I know your now part of the supporters club and should back the team, but be realistic they are poor.

We have 3 Promoters, we have 2 Team Managers, We have Extensive Stewards and Pit personnel, But PR man we know nothing... The original PR man, who was very efficient, departed earlier in the season.. Since then we have a new website, but we know nothing. It appears, but for the name, we are all but dead. No enthusiasm at all..

Surely since the new website went live and a new press office was put in place the news reporting and website updates have increased in quality and frequency.

I understand that the club had to change twitter account because the old one caused them problems with login problems, password etc.

Hasn`t the programme been improved in design and articles since mid-season ?

Edited by racers and royals

Surely since the new website went live and a new press office was put in place the news reporting and website updates have increased in quality and frequency.

I understand that the club changing the twitter account caused them problems with login problems, password etc.

Hasn`t the programme been improved in design and articles since mid-season ?

Yes,the website has most definately improved and the frequency has improved.Some people like to moan just for the sake of it.It makes them happy when they are moaning :o

My view exactly Mark, I once thought Swindon was one of the best, but like everything else time moves on...... :drink:

Could a new track man do the trick a Meredith type maybe don't know what you think GR i have never liked the changes that were made on bend two.

Things have to change at the club that is clear to see, but will Buster let that happen. I doubt it. He is very old school and appears to be stuck in his ways. Rob looks to have taken a back seat, all we seem to hear from recently is Dale about EL matters, perhaps he is taking it over?

Changing Mads for Rory was the worst decision. Yes, Rory is good, but he is coming back from another injury and perhaps he needed more time on the bike. Mads would've given more stability. But, i've no doubt that once that changed happened, any form of team spirit we had, disappeared along with our hopes of a top 4 finish.

And Trees, take the rose tinted glasses off. The club is struggling. I know your now part of the supporters club and should back the team, but be realistic they are poor.

I'll always try to take a positive m8, I was pretty scathing of one rider last year, hate doing that really, no way am I joining the constantly moaning minority on here, what is the bloody point, there's loads of positives about our team, and I've enjoyed the speedway. I'll just carry on supporting and if it doesn't happen this year, so be it.

As far as the Supporter's Club is concerned, we've had a great response, the kids have loved being mascots and the fans presenting Rider of the Night and watching from the centre. We are building on the total from the 50/50 most weeks from which the fans are pleased as punch to win and the riders, in particular the Young Stars, to receive. So nothing but positive on that score

By the way, do you want to join, by post? 😉 Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

Could a new track man do the trick a Meredith type maybe don't know what you think GR i have never liked the changes that were made on bend two.

I'm hoping when you get this new stadium, the track is something to be proud of, that will generate good racing......