King's Lynn 2016

Nice a lad as Dale is, he is no Jonathan Chapman

Totally agree with that statement

Stop with more negativity, let's see what Dale does first 😊

• Like 1

Totally agree with that statement

Thank you Jonathan :D

Stop with more negativity, let's see what Dale does first

Not being negative Mrs C just happen to think Chapman Junior did a decent job, and has not been replaced. When he was involved he created a good atmosphere with some innovative ideas that worked.

As for Dale, have no idea what he can bring to the party, but judging by the amount of column inches the Young Stars get in the Speedway Star he will need to step up his game.

It's fans who create the atmosphere, if we stand there like dormice of course it will be bland!

Have u ever been to a Polish League meeting or Cardiff? 😉

We need to stand up and show our support, shout n wave n hoot n whistle n chant (ala the Poles) ..... do you do any of that m8?

Edited by Trees

Polish Meeting no, did you enjoy it ? Cardiff... loads of time. Great Pre-meeting entertainment with a decent guy on mic getting people at it from the start.

When JC was involved at Saddlebow, or whatever it is called this year, you got the Feel good factor as soon as you entered. Micman Mike Bennett was also good at his job. Same cant be said for last season or the season before with rent-a-gob on the Mic who hadn't a clue about the Sport or what he was even talking about. Kevin Moore is your Mr Steady on the mic, but he is no Bennett.

For me atmosphere wise it is as flat as a Witches twit.

So you need to be told when to cheer 😉 Come on man, stand with me or my mate Josey (80ish) 😆

Yeah of course they need to play good time, upbeat music, they need a totally bias, interesting, in tune with thefans/meeting, upbeat guy on the mic and the riders need to race and do their bit with the fans, simples 😉

Yeah I did but I noticed the atmosphere is ALL down to the fans, they organise themselves before they go to meetings, they have their mics and drums and banners and flags and they are gonna have a good time supporting THEIR TEAM. There are no interviews, nothing extra, just the many fans doing their thing .....

Edited by Trees

Polish Meeting no, did you enjoy it ? Cardiff... loads of time. Great Pre-meeting entertainment with a decent guy on mic getting people at it from the start.

When JC was involved at Saddlebow, or whatever it is called this year, you got the Feel good factor as soon as you entered. Micman Mike Bennett was also good at his job. Same cant be said for last season or the season before with rent-a-gob on the Mic who hadn't a clue about the Sport or what he was even talking about. Kevin Moore is your Mr Steady on the mic, but he is no Bennett.

For me atmosphere wise it is as flat as a Witches twit.

Now come on Semion evenyou must get excited when you get to the stadium and the tractors are still laying the track to the sound of banal "music" and not much else. Cheers your socks off at their formation grading for 30-60 minutes depending on what time you get there and even you will be all warmed up to cheer and shout at the riders whilst they do a couple of laps of the track with their arms at a 90 degree angle pretending to acknowledge you. :P:P:P

When the meeting proper gets under way you can cheer and wave at the race winner and you never know if he's from the away team he might even wave back at you :shock::party:

Edited by Star Lady

Now come on Semion evenyou must get excited when you get to the stadium and the tractors are still laying the track to the sound of banal "music" and not much else. Cheers your socks off at their formation grading for 30-60 minutes depending on what time you get there and even you will be all warmed up to cheer and shout at the riders whilst they do a couple of laps of the track with their arms at a 90 degree angle pretending to acknowledge you. :P:P:P

When the meeting proper gets under way you can cheer and wave at the race winner and you never know if he's from the away team he might even wave back at you :shock::party:

So SL, what would please you IF you ever were to come to Lynn again

Maybe Dale can make the changes necessary to get you over the threshold of your front door on a Thursday night this year ... or maybe not

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

So SL, what would please you IF you ever were to come to Lynn again

Maybe Dale can make the changes necessary to get you over the threshold of your front door on a Thursday night this year ... or maybe not

It would help if the track was ready and pristine before punters entered, you don't see grounds man painting white lines at PL footie matches when e stadium is open. Speedway is supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL sport after all. Pre match entertainment of some kind, there must be local bands who would jump at the chance to perform publicly, for instance.

The biggie is the riders, they need to realise they sure being paid to entertain the paying public for more than 4-5 one minute duration races. Wave to the kids as if they mean it, cknowledge the cheers and a few more might actually bother to cheer which would help the atmosphere you think the fans alone should provide.

I could go on, but if speedway wants to be a professional sport and charge the prices they do, it has to start providing more than just 15 separate minutes of track action. It will not survive solely on people like yourself who are satisfied with what they provide now.

• Like 2

It would help if the track was ready and pristine before punters entered, you don't see grounds man painting white lines at PL footie matches when e stadium is open. Speedway is supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL sport after all. Pre match entertainment of some kind, there must be local bands who would jump at the chance to perform publicly, for instance.

The biggie is the riders, they need to realise they sure being paid to entertain the paying public for more than 4-5 one minute duration races. Wave to the kids as if they mean it, cknowledge the cheers and a few more might actually bother to cheer which would help the atmosphere you think the fans alone should provide.

I could go on, but if speedway wants to be a professional sport and charge the prices they do, it has to start providing more than just 15 separate minutes of track action. It will not survive solely on people like yourself who are satisfied with what they provide now.

You say local bands, maybe OK on a summer's evening but it's hard to play an instrument in gloves this time of the year

I'd prefer a build up with interviews with the managers, promoters and captains along with plenty of information about the riders, stuff going on at the club, banter with the fans (home and away), score guesses (via twitter\facebook maybe?), introduction and\or interview of sponsors in attendance (and a bit about their company perhaps) .....

Have to admit anything would be better than standing around for an hour like a prize plum watching Buster drive around on his tractor.

Maybe Trees If you want SL at Saddlebow on a Thursday night why not call around and pick her up ? :D

You seem to have the knowledge and indeed seem to be well experienced Tress why not speak to Buster and see if you could drum ( no pun there) some atmosphere pre-meeting. The place certainly could do with a lift.

Edited by semion

You say local bands, maybe OK on a summer's evening but it's hard to play an instrument in gloves this time of the year

I'd prefer a build up with interviews with the managers, promoters and captains along with plenty of information about the riders, stuff going on at the club, banter with the fans (home and away), score guesses (via twitter\facebook maybe?), introduction and\or interview of sponsors in attendance (and a bit about their company perhaps) .....

Any of those would be OK, bands were just an example. My point is you cannot expect people to pay today's prices for 15 races of what is often far from exciting sport. I'm pretty sure P/borough do do interviewsetc before the meeting, certainly they do during it.

As I said speedway is supposedly a professional sport but rarely does it live up to that word. For all you dislike BSI, and I have some sympathy with that, they are professional. They put on a show.....and make sure the riders play their part in that too.

Why Not have a big screen up and show pre-match interviews from key members of both teams and the team Mangers on a loop. So at whatever time you enter the stadium it would be playing ?

• Like 1

Why Not have a big screen up and show pre-match interviews from key members of both teams and the team Mangers on a loop. So at whatever time you enter the stadium it would be playing ?

Excellent!

Could even show clips of the racing from the previous week.......oh hang on a minute, not allowed cos of GSs exclusivity DoDah.