British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

I know he's in there squad but can't stop him havin a regular team place! Your probably a lambert lover when he's a poor rider

I'm no Lambert lover,god knows why you said that.I merely stated Roynon was in Coventrys squad how that makes me a Lambert lover I don't know.

how the hell was it Kerr fault? he'd signed for Lynn thinking we was a Wednesday night track no problem signing for Ipswich then we switch race nights to Thursday how can that possibly be Kerrs fault ?The CLUB switched race night for what ever reason that we are still waiting to hear and it's not to be ready for 2017 that bull would be nice to hear the true reason .

Like you, I'm not exactly clear why we switched our race night to Thursday's, probably trying to persuade Niels to sign.( that's purely a guess) But for Buster to declare Kerr as our preferred EDR rider, they must have had some form of communication of what was expected of Kerr in the coming season of 2016. Everybody knows how important the reserves are when assembling a team plus them fictitious order of selections. With Kerr as our preferred rider we get last choice of remaining riders. Had Kerr not been our preferred choice, we would have had first pick. So the nomination of EDR is of paramount importance to any club. If there had been any doubt that Kerr would not be riding for the Stars then it should have been known, and not pursued with him as their preferred choice. We could have elected to preferred Rose in the Tier 2 and had first choice in Tier 1. (we could have had first choice of Ellis). That was how important Kerr was to Lynn's season.

When in was decided to switch race-nights to Thursday, Kerr had to make a choice. Does he stay with the team who had stood by him and helped him so much, the team that has put so much importance in him, or go to another club instead, who race on the same night.? We all know what he did, and has since been dropped like a hot brick.

It doesn't make any difference whose fault it was, Kerr had a that choice. He could have ridden for Lynn on Thursdays and another PL club, I'm sure there were many who would have liked his services, but NO, he choice Ipswich instead.... To me that speck volumes for how he feels towards the Stars team the fans and their supporters. Then, he rubs salt into the wounds by riding for Lakeside as well... I'm sorry but Kerr has lost all my respect.

An old saying: 'You never bite the hand that feeds you' ....

Like you, I'm not exactly clear why we switched our race night to Thursday's, probably trying to persuade Niels to sign.( that's purely a guess) But for Buster to declare Kerr as our preferred EDR rider, they must have had some form of communication of what was expected of Kerr in the coming season of 2016. Everybody knows how important the reserves are when assembling a team plus them fictitious order of selections. With Kerr as our preferred rider we get last choice of remaining riders. Had Kerr not been our preferred choice, we would have had first pick. So the nomination of EDR is of paramount importance to any club. If there had been any doubt that Kerr would not be riding for the Stars then it should have been known, and not pursued with him as their preferred choice. We could have elected to preferred Rose in the Tier 2 and had first choice in Tier 1. (we could have had first choice of Ellis). That was how important Kerr was to Lynn's season.

When in was decided to switch race-nights to Thursday, Kerr had to make a choice. Does he stay with the team who had stood by him and helped him so much, the team that has put so much importance in him, or go to another club instead, who race on the same night.? We all know what he did, and has since been dropped like a hot brick.

It doesn't make any difference whose fault it was, Kerr had a that choice. He could have ridden for Lynn on Thursdays and another PL club, I'm sure there were many who would have liked his services, but NO, he choice Ipswich instead.... To me that speck volumes for how he feels towards the Stars team the fans and their supporters. Then, he rubs salt into the wounds by riding for Lakeside as well... I'm sorry but Kerr has lost all my respect.

An old saying: 'You never bite the hand that feeds you' ....

So, if Kerr was that important, why did Buster change race night?

I don't buy this loyalty cobblers. Kerr is a self-employed worker. He does what is best for Kerr. When he arranged to ride for Ipswich there was absolutely no conflict of interest.

You could argue that Chapman didn't show any loyalty to Kerr by not talking to Kerr about his plans. Or he did, and tried to call Kerr's bluff.

Chapman has made the decision to change race night, as surmised by others as a way to keep PUK at the club. Kerr, as you rightly point out, could have chosen another club, however, until you know what his options were then it is not as easy as saying he could have ridden for KL and in the PL.

Kerr had two income streams, which he needed for his own personal circumstances and I don't have a problem with what he did to facilitate that. Chapman did what he thought was best for him and the club and unfortunately something had to give.

Lakeside were in the right place at the right time.

• Like 1

How many Thursday so far this season have Ippo and KL been at Home on the same night ?

How many Thursday so far this season have Ippo and KL been at Home on the same night ?

Exactly!! Had Kerr been in our 1 to 5, his decision wouldn't be so important, a lost yes, but one that could have been replaced. Being our protected EDF made the lost, in the selection process, 10 times worse. We were never going to overcome that.....

Irrelevant, you can't have a rider that has both clubs riding on the same night.

That's why cook was initially stopped from signing for Peterborough due to having the same race night as Belle Vue.

Just asking a Question my friend. As Is quite common place on here. Lynn Ride on a Thursday night, but that is not cast in stone with Mondays, Wednesdays also coming into play. The same with Ipswich they are not exclusive to Thursday. Did they not ride Saturday this week ? Then when you start factoring in away meetings the whole thing becomes a nonsense.

Irrelevant, you can't have a rider that has both clubs riding on the same night.

That's why cook was initially stopped from signing for Peterborough due to having the same race night as Belle Vue.

Apparently you can if the two clubs are Edinburgh and Belle Vue.

• Like 1

When is Belle Vue's main so called race night ?

Any day with a Y in it :P

• Like 3

Now that makes sense. It is not as if we have the same race night at Lynn and certainly not every week. So why not have Speedway running on whatever night suits the riders you have in your team. Or is that how it is anyway ? Stuff the fans, let the Sport revolve around the riders. Even Billy Smart never had that problem with his performers.

• Like 2

Apparently you can if the two clubs are Edinburgh and Belle Vue

... and one of them has a NL team which isn't subject to all the rules restricting the higher leagues.

Is Bradley Wilson Dean on the reserve list? If he is would he be a good replacement for Wilkinson?

Is Bradley Wilson Dean on the reserve list? If he is would he be a good replacement for Wilkinson?

No he isn't.

Think it's part of the regs that you cannot have a rider with a double barrel name at Reserve

Edited by semion
  • Like 1