British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

I would never ever of thought Swindon would be classed as a gaters track.In its heyday England v Usa test matches it was thought of as one of the fairest and best racing tracks in England.I hate to say it but this year that track is a shadow of its former glories some average racing at best.

Average, you are so generous mate!

Yes,the website has most definately improved and the frequency has improved.Some people like to moan just for the sake of it.It makes them happy when they are moaning :o

Firstly, I hate to moan, I'm a half full kind of guy, not the half empty type. I try to concentrate on the positives, but that doesn't blank the obvious issues that do arise.

In contrary to what you say about the website, I think it's taken a backward step, both in design and information. The frequency is alarming poor, and only the twitter feed keeps some upto date when information has been added. The announcement and team for the Swindon match wasn't posted until the day before the event.

I thought Marc Gent was a top bloke who knew what needed to be done.. Very professional in everything he did. What a pity the Stars promotors didn't recognise his obvious talent.

Firstly, I hate to moan, I'm a half full kind of guy, not the half empty type. I try to concentrate on the positives, but that doesn't blank the obvious issues that do arise.

In contrary to what you say about the website, I think it's taken a backward step, both in design and information. The frequency is alarming poor, and only the twitter feed keeps some upto date when information has been added. The announcement and team for the Swindon match wasn't posted until the day before the event.

I thought Marc Gent was a top bloke who knew what needed to be done.. Very professional in everything he did. What a pity the Stars promotors didn't recognise his obvious talent.

Frequency is so much better.Did you use to go on it before.Lucky to get 2 bits of information a week whether it be results or any form of news.Now we get it pretty regular 13 bits of information in the last 16 days that aint bad.Concentrate on the positives which that is.

I'm always curious about how or why people think that riders aren't putting in the effort with all the other variables that are present in speedway. The bottom line is that points mean money, even if they were riding for themselves and not fussed about the team winning I don't see them travelling to Swindon and not be bothered to earn some money.

While I understand that people care about the club and are frustrated about the season, continually bringing up what happened the other Wednesday isn't going to help anyone move forward, and the 'from what I've heard' stuff could be nonsense just easily as truth. The truth is that we are an average team and are going to lose plenty of meetings, it's more likely to be that we aren't good enough than that we don't give a monkeys.

Personally I'd rather see us in the PL than EL next season given the choice, I think it would suit the club better right now and that with our asset base we could track a title challenging side. And yes, I know the racing was crap a lot of the time during our previous PL spell but to me it's straightforward, don't load the track with so much dirt. It would give the club a bit of fresh impetus with more regular fixtures and a greater variety of fixtures, plus the bonus of the 'novelty' events.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 3

What and lose watching our TeamGB future and Norfolk boy, Robert Lambert and top man, NKI, as well as seeing Rory get back to his best, Batch find his full potential, Rosey continuing to improve, get Si Lambert back from injury and raring to go again and the improvement of Nicolaj .....

Of course a few of those boys could race PL too but with the potential changes to the league for next season I hope things generally improve, I think we have much to lose to go PL again, been there, done that, got loads of trophies .....

• Like 1

What and lose watching our TeamGB future and Norfolk boy, Robert Lambert and top man, NKI, as well as seeing Rory get back to his best, Batch find his full potential, Rosey continuing to improve, get Si Lambert back from injury and raring to go again and the improvement of Nicolaj .....

Of course a few of those boys could race PL too but with the potential changes to the league for next season I hope things generally improve, I think we have much to lose to go PL again, been there, done that, got loads of trophies .....

PL ain't for me either - I'd go but not every meeting not many fixtures would hold much appeal the last season in PL was poor been there seen it done it .

I'm hoping when you get this new stadium, the track is something to be proud of, that will generate good racing......

Probably the reason why the track has been as poor this year is because of the threats of a new stadium and track, not being willing to spend money on track improvements while they were being promised a brand new one at some point, what makes me suspicious even more now is why all of a sudden this late stage of the season we have new shale purchased? Does that mean the club have been informed that there is definatly no new Abbey next year? Will be interesting to see what the track rides like over the next two meetings whenever they will be!

Edited by hagonshocker

PL ain't for me either - I'd go but not every meeting not many fixtures would hold much appeal the last season in PL was poor been there seen it done it .

Quite interesting because I pick and choose now in the EL and probably wouldn't in the PL. As they say, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Let's hope 2017 EL teams will all be strong and entertaining to you

Quite interesting because I pick and choose now in the EL and probably wouldn't in the PL. As they say, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

What criteria do you use when choosing whether to go to EL or not? How would it differ in the PL?

Let's hope 2017 EL teams will all be strong and entertaining to you

What criteria do you use when choosing whether to go to EL or not? How would it differ in the PL?

for me EL I'd not miss any home meetings mainly because the score will be close and the win could go either way - PL going by when was last there 50% of the teams was beaten before a wheel was turned massive home wins I guess we now have Pboro and the Witches in the PL - PL =how many will we win by tonight EL =will we win tonight , and not being able to watch NKI and Robert Lambert each home meeting I think that would be me done .

maybe Haza and GB will both be happy next season then .. possible changes ahead in the structure I reckon

maybe Haza and GB will both be happy next season then .. possible changes ahead in the structure I reckon

Hope they let us in on the secret soon

I prefer elite league, but one thing to bear in mind was when we were premier league there was no air fence. PL riders were beaten psychologically by the solid fence. Maybe different now...

• Like 1

I preferred the PL.As kelvinht said think the oppositions minds were more on the solid fence than their racing.With the safety barriers now in place i think the mindset of riders are a bit different to when we were in the PL and they can give it a bit more of a go.I preferred PL for the fact we had more variety in teams and we were racing every week at home.Plus the riders interacted with the fans so much more,which at the end of the day the kids love all that.And if we want more fans in our stadiums we have to get the kids in as they are the future.

• Like 2

I preferred the PL.As kelvinht said think the oppositions minds were more on the solid fence than their racing.With the safety barriers now in place i think the mindset of riders are a bit different to when we were in the PL and they can give it a bit more of a go.I preferred PL for the fact we had more variety in teams and we were racing every week at home.Plus the riders interacted with the fans so much more,which at the end of the day the kids love all that.And if we want more fans in our stadiums we have to get the kids in as they are the future.

the PL is a very different league now they have riders missing R/R and you wouldn't get a home meeting every week either and 50% of the teams wouldn't be worth going to watch unless you like massive home wins which I guess some do .