British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

7-45 PM according to the Stars website

I'd feel really bad for Lynn fans if Bjerre was announced. However could he get worse than last season? Only way is up!

• Like 1

Has Troy let the cat out of the bag?

His tweet could be a day early

Looks like the captain is back
  • Like 1

Perhaps Lynn should put the needs of their assets first instead of messing them about.

This is all the fault of the promotion, not Kerr.

The need of the team strength as a whole comes before individuals. As already stated, both parties have done what is best for them and everyone is amicable, so why is there a need for any fault?

The need of the team strength as a whole comes before individuals. As already stated, both parties have done what is best for them and everyone is amicable, so why is there a need for any fault?

There shouldn't be. But blaming Kerr (as the quoted poster was) is just as unfair.

There shouldn't be. But blaming Kerr (as the quoted poster was) is just as unfair.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I thought Buster said he wanted 2016 to be exciting. Hardly an apt description of Bjerre

Last year, his form in Britain was not good, but he has provided some wonderful entertainment at Saddlebow Road before that. I remember it was only a few years ago when riding @ 1, he had to babysit Iversen a fair few times.

They did: "Kerr was informed that the management were considering a race night change before his move to the Witches."

and as he says himself he could not mess PL offers about and at the time he signed for the Witches K.Lynn did not know what their race night would be. Lewis's statement gives more detail of his predicament than that of the club as quoted by you which seems vague and indecisive. I think it is highly likely he would have lost the offer of a place at Ipswich had he waited until KL finally decided what they were doing and could well have struggled to find a PL place anywhere.

• Like 1

He is not quite right on that.

Basic contract law is that the 3 essential elements of a contract are offer, acceptance and consideration ( payment). Unless all three have happened there is no contract. So:-

1. KL offer Lewis a contract to ride for them in return for money.

2. Lewis accepts the offer.

3. Lewis changes his mind before he has ridden for them and no money has changed hands . We have offer and acceptance but no consideration therefore there is no contract.

Not correct. The fact that "no money has (yet) changed hands" is irrelevant; the contract remains valid.

Kings Lynn rode various nights nights last season, Not just on a Wednesday. Are you saying Kerr signed a contract to only ride home meeting for Lynn as long they were on a Wednesday ?

provided both parties have legal capacity, both intend to create a legal contract, and it isn't involving anything illegal, immoral or contrary to public interest, they can contract to whatever they like! So the contract could, if both parties agreed, stipulate that the rider only rode home meetings that took place on a Wednesday (or whatever day).

In practice such a contract would be unlikely though. It might contravene league rules anyway :-/

Edited by PE7Panther

Last year, his form in Britain was not good, but he has provided some wonderful entertainment at Saddlebow Road before that. I remember it was only a few years ago when riding @ 1, he had to babysit Iversen a fair few times.

You didn't watch how disappointing he was last year, and what about that race where he stopped Bomber passing, that was the last straw, however good you're riding if you're trying to get 8-1 you are aware!! That peed me off more than any other race last year cos it showed he didn't give a toss about the team and fans! Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

Some of his inside passing in 2011 was legendary Mungo, think he finished fourth in the EL averages and put all of the league's top men in their place when they came visiting. Sadly the bad crashes and injuries he has suffered since then have caught up with him and he is a shadow of the rider he was. I'd not be amused if he was named in the 2016 line up to be honest.

A lot of people saying they wouldn't want Kenneth Bjerre, but do you not think on an average between 5 and 6 (I don't know what it is exactly), he'd actually be a steal. If you go into the season expecting him to score double figures every meeting and be a heat leader, you'll be disappointed. If you go into the season, with him as a second string, you realise he'll probably increase that average and has the capability to win you meetings as he'd be a second string with the potential to beat anyone in the league on his day.

Just a thought, but if we had him as a second string at Leicester, as his average would probably be... I think it'd be a steal!

Assuming we changed race nights to accommodate a top Danish rider, and seeing the HL list in the SS this morning, It has now becomes apparent, we can only have one of either Rory, or Kenneth as our third heat-leader.

The choice of the Devil and the deep blue sea. Both have to be a gamble, Rory because of his accident and not knowing the consequences of such a bad injury, and Kenneth for not knowing if he can rekindle his old form. If we looked back to early last year, then Rory would be a dead cert and KB a no brainer. But things move on. After his recent operation on his arms, could that be the kick start Kenneth needs to recapture the obvious talent he processes. Rory has an even bigger hurdle to overcome. I can't imagine he will be able to forget the life threatening injury he sustained and probably being a also run is not that enjoyable. Am surprised he has decided to give it another go after coming so close to disaster .

So taking all that on board, not forgetting KB low average, my OPINION would be to go with Kenneth..........

PS. Just imagine KB having to drop down to the reserve positions... Talk about match winners