British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

Blackbird had retired before the end of last season. He told Lakeside not to include him but they announced him anyway.

How would Poole have been able to get Ellis as their second pick if there wasn't 8 Tier 1 riders in front of him?. Therefore Blackbird had to be included in the top eight. The fact he had retired was irrelevant ..... Come on' keep up please......... you ought to know the rules by now :t:

The way I see it, we had Lewis but chose to change our race night and therefore had to let him go so its tough luck if we now end up with a poor number six.

what I hear we WONT have a poor no6 .

I very much hope you are right, but I really hope it is by fair means.

I very much hope you are right, but I really hope it is by fair means.

As long as the rider is on a par with Lewis Kerr .....

what I hear we WONT have a poor no6 .

If King's Lynn are allowed to use Ben Barker at no.6 instead of a draft rider it will be a farce. The other promoters need to stand firm.

• Like 4

If King's Lynn are allowed to use Ben Barker at no.6 instead of a draft rider it will be a farce. The other promoters need to stand firm.

Barker has ridden in the WTC, its inconceivable that he could become a draft rider. So, it will probably happen... :o

• Like 1

I don't think Ben Barker would put up with ELFTDR Pay!!

He isn't cheap apparently....

Not sure what they're called now, so ELFTDR is "ELITE LEAGUE FAST TRACK DRAFTED RIDER" pronounced Elfdor!!

Never gonna happen, would be a complete bias farce if so.

• Like 1

Never gonna happen, would be a complete bias farce if so.

And having Kyle Howarth isn't? :rolleyes:
  • Like 1

Howarth was on the list from the start though, that's the problem. Adding rider's to the list before a wheel is turned andteams have already selected their FTR's is absurd

No new riders should be added until after the 1st May minimum

Just to add, if Ben Barker is added and ends up at King's Lynn then Buster's Chairmanship must be questioned.

Would absolutely stink of self interest, something he wanted to stand against and play a straight bat.

Sign Barker, Buster will be like all the others and can't be trusted imo

• Like 9

Howarth was on the list from the start though, that's the problem. Adding rider's to the list before a wheel is turned andteams have already selected their FTR's is absurd

No new riders should be added until after the 1st May minimumJust to add, if Ben Barker is added and ends up at King's Lynn then Buster's Chairmanship must be questioned.

Would absolutely stink of self interest, something he wanted to stand against and play a straight bat.

Sign Barker, Buster will be like all the others and can't be trusted imo

I didn't say it was right (and it clearly isn't), I was simply pointing out that a talented second string is already in the draft (albeit from the beginning). The trouble with the BSPA and rules is that they apply them to suit! Edited by Steve0

Howarth was on the draft from the start and isn't a asset of any of the EL clubs.

Barker wasn't on the draft and is a Coventry asset, therefore he could have been protected by his parent club if on the original draft.

It's King Lynn's decision to change race night after the draft pick so they should pick a rider who was on the original draft.

I guess being the chairman may once again be an unfair advantage to certain team if this happens.

Edited by mdmc82

Come now. .. The draft system is a lot of things but fair it is not. It has been a farce from day one. Instead of doing it for the good of the sport , it was concocted to benefit certain promotions. Why should riders be governed to where they have to ride? Why should clubs, who doesn't have a youth policy, benefit over those who have? And why do we have to keep referring back to PL averages to determine the selection procedure. Its a complete farce from the start to finish.......

With a little bit of thought, the introduction of new British riders into the Elite league, could have been really good and benefited the sport. Each Club should have been enforced to sign their own British rider with the purpose of riding at reserves. Their averages would be counted into the team strength, so if a team fielded strong reserves their team 1-5 would have to be lesser quality to accommodate them. There would be no need for Lists, False averages, Bias selections processes, Draft orders or issues of unfairness. Riders would be able to ride where they wanted, and Managers would be responsible for the strength of their own team. It could have been so simple.......

Talk about making things complicated.......... I agree, allowing Barker to ride as a draft would be farcical, .... but no more so than some teams having two picks of drafts before others have had one..............especially when using false averages to achieve it.