British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Welcome back Ritchie!

Seems like there is 2 sides to every story after all.....

Time to look forward rather than back though IMO.

• Like 1

Ha ha only in speedway lol. Welcome back Ritchie Hawkins. Obviously not a trouble maker after all

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

How are you going to manage without a team manager when you are at Armadale?

• Like 6

How are you going to manage without a team manager when you are at Armadale?

skype.....
  • Like 1

Good luck Ritchie - I had a tip off it was going to be him after a chance meeting in Tesco's with a person obviously in the know a few weeks back!

So someone knows how to keep it closed, unlike an ex team manager. I bet Hilton thinks he has been kicked squarely in the plums.

• Like 1

So someone knows how to keep it closed, unlike an ex team manager. I bet Hilton thinks he has been kicked squarely in the plums.

Well deserved imo...

• Like 1

Good luck Ritchie - I had a tip off it was going to be him after a chance meeting in Tesco's with a person obviously in the know a few weeks back!

Who. Hilton ?

Who. Hilton ?

No this was someone who knew what they were doing!

and are a close friend to a predessesor of Hilton's.................

I to heard this a few weeks back, well known 'big local company' team sponsor coming in, RH as new TM and Tungate has gone to Somerset - now let's see how many turn out to be correct?

Well looking good so far! Hawkins in as manager, Tungate nailed on for Somerset so let's hope the most important of the three comes to fruition too.

Would be a huge boost to the club to secure a top main sponsor, hopefully long term and financially big enough to support a return to the Elite league next season.

• Like 1

Well looking good so far! Hawkins in as manager, Tungate nailed on for Somerset so let's hope the most important of the three comes to fruition too.

Would be a huge boost to the club to secure a top main sponsor, hopefully long term and financially big enough to support a return to the Elite league next season.

elite league dream is long gone for ipswich now , unless you get a really, really good sponsor who can throw money into the hole . those days are gone . its all about survival and nothing else .

Taken from speedway gb site

IPSWICH have named former Witches rider Ritchie Hawkins as their new team manager.

Hawkins raced for the club as recently as last season, when he lost his place midway through the campaign, but he has now been recruited to take charge by Director of Speedway Chris Louis.

Said Louis: “Having discussed the position with a couple of people close to the club I decided to ask Ritchie to consider the role and frankly wasn’t at all sure what his view would be. I was delighted when his reaction was favourable and after a couple of days to consider his position, he accepted.

“In fact, not only did he accept but he couldn’t hide his excitement and enthusiasm for the job. I know only too well just how tough the transition can be from racer to manager but Ritchie has all the credentials to do a great job.”

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.29858

With Hawkins in charge now does this mean that the former TM could wake up with a horse's head on his pillow😅