British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Greenwood is miles better than Daryll IMO. Shrewd move

Their NL averages this season across all competitions: Ritchings 9.05 & Greenwood 7.45.

Their NL averages this season across all competitions: Ritchings 9.05 & Greenwood 7.45.

Interesting stat, i'm not seeing how this change will make any difference to the main problem with the team..

• Like 1

Interesting stat, i'm not seeing how this change will make any difference to the main problem with the team..

We all know this prob wont change a thing with the problem with the Witches top 5 , but the management have got to be seen doing something to the fans .

Edited by Pob

You've hit the nail on the head Baldy .

I've been hitting the nail on the head for years, it's just others don't see the nails, in fact some don't know what carpentry is lol. There is a song that comes to mind. To blind to see it

• Like 1

Their NL averages have got nothing to do with the PL. Ritchings has been very good in the NL and beaten most of the PL 3 pointers in that league.

However, he's then struggled badly to transfer that form in to the PL and has been beaten more often that not by those same riders he's been beating regularly in the NL.

It's a strange one because like you rightly say, he's been riding very well at NL level but for whatever reason he's failed to take that in to the PL and to be frank, he's been utterly abysmal.

He can have no complaints.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

I've been hitting the nail on the head for years, it's just others don't see the nails, in fact some don't know what carpentry is lol. There is a song that comes to mind. To blind to see it

That's where you have been going wrong Baldy, you should use a hammer :lol: .

Can't see this change doing much to be honest, it's the top five that need to pull their fingers out, even Morten who has been pretty consistent but should be a 8+ rider in this league. With Oliver Greenwood two of the next three meetings are away to Peterborough, his old team so he should do alright there and people will expect it every meeting. Time will tell and good luck to him as he needs to make the breakthrough into PL racing.

Will the change be the kick up the ar$e to the other riders to show them that changes may be made in future if they dont perform? :neutral:

Interesting to see the differing views on Daz here i'm disappointed for him but maybe it will help us and him in the long run--who knows?

Be interesting to see if this works out for the Witches

Interesting to see the differing views on Daz here i'm disappointed for him but maybe it will help us and him in the long run--who knows?

Be interesting to see if this works out for the Witches

its a shame Daryl hasnt quite been able to translate his NL form into the PL. It certainly hasnt been due to a lack of effort.

Unfortunately he hasnt looked as composed or on the pace in the last couple of meetings as he did at the outset IMO.

Even if it's the wrong thing let's do something lol. Only at ipswich speedway

To be fair, they haven't got much to lose have they? Greenwood has something about him. I'm not entirely sure what, but there is something there.

I don't mind the change at reserve, I'm not slating greenwood at all, but it's in the top 5 that we really needed to make a rider change

• Like 1