British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Unfortunately the root of our problems isn't gonna be cured by a simple change of the 3pts reserve. There are definitely consistency issues within the top 5 and our home track has has been crap for years now providing no home advantage whatsoever.

And whilst I appreciate it not down to lack of effort because all the riders want to earn as much money as possible there's obviously major problems which I certainly don't have the answer to!

Since we have been in the Premier, every year we have started with what looks on paper a good team capable of bringing trophies to Foxhall (apart from this year perhaps) but the teams never perform. We had Barker and Worral but when they left they had lower averages than when they joined. Doolan left and has been scoring consistently well at Berwick. We seem to get good riders and their careers stall. Something is wrong that prevents the teams reaching their potential but what that is I do not know. Need a good entertaining win on Thursday to pacify people for a while. (until the next match at least).

• Like 1

But our team now is the dogs danglies. The team had an issue at number 7, now that has been rectified. Ritchings was obviously holding everyone else back. Just watch the lads go now.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 2

He has a point though Baldy, the team is nowhere as bad as they're currently showing and their starting averages and their averages for this season back that up. We are badly underperforming, AGAIN.

This has been a theme in every one of the season's we've been in the PL since we dropped down and it's difficult to understand why.

If it happens now and again you can just say oh well it happens, but when it literally happens every year when Louis always seems to put together a good side "on paper" then you have to start wondering if there's something very wrong within the club.

I had some time to kill and was looking on updates the other night from last season. The team was..

King

Heeps

Manzares

Tungate

Covatti

Nielsen

Morris

Now how the hell did that team not even make the top 6 and the play offs? It's baffling.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey
  • Like 1

He has a point though Baldy, the team is nowhere as bad as they're currently showing and their starting averages and their averages for this season back that up. We are badly underperforming, AGAIN.

This has been a theme in every one of the season's we've been in the PL since we dropped down and it's difficult to understand why.

If it happens now and again you can just say oh well it happens, but when it literally happens every year when Louis always seems to put together a good side "on paper" then you have to start wondering if there's something very wrong within the club.

I had some time to kill and was looking on updates the other night from last season. The team was..

King

Heeps

Manzares

Tungate

Covatti

Nielsen

Morris

Now how the hell did that team not even make the top 6 and the play offs? It's baffling.

Wasn't it all Phil Hilton's fault?

• Like 1

Wasn't it all Phil Hilton's fault?

Yep, Phil's fault obviously. And it was Phil's camera that is to blame for underachieving all the other season's too!
  • Like 1

Look at how our no1s have declined - thats a massive headscratcher.

If you take the different riders (bar tungate) who have been no1 from each of last few seasons (king barker worrall lanham doolan) at the start of this with two 3 pointers the team would only have been a fraction over the limit.

• Like 1

King

Heeps

Manzares

Tungate

Covatti

Nielsen

Morris

I know he has a point, my post was a total wee wee take.

• Like 2

Look at how our no1s have declined - thats a massive headscratcher.

If you take the different riders (bar tungate) who have been no1 from each of last few seasons (king barker worrall lanham doolan) at the start of this with two 3 pointers the team would only have been a fraction over the limit.

Another good point. Barker was a points machine when we signed him, he was up there with Craig Cook as the best rider in the league. He flopped at Foxhall and has never been the same rider since.

Ritchie Worrall made a huge breakthrough at Newcastle and was racking up cricket scores and was labelled the next big British thing.

Signed for us at number 1, flopped and has never reached those heights since. Still a good rider, but not developed in to the top rider he looked like becoming at Newcastle before we signed him.

Doolan was another who we signed as one of the league's best riders and declined straight away.

King was the only one who seemed to buck that trend last season, but maybe he's just took a little longer to read the script as he too now has gone straight down the pan! Bizarre.

If you're a top number 1 in this league, avoid a move to Foxhall at all costs!

• Like 3

Good point (again) there must be something wrong.1 rider failing O.K. bad luck but 4 riders (Nr. 1's that is) failing! Not just "coincidence" or "bad luck", there MUST be more to it .

• Like 1

Oh and another thing, Heeps and Tungate both seem to be having better season's now they're away from Foxhall..

Another kick in the nuts.

• Like 1

To be fair the management have changed basically the whole team and its not working. However the fact that they can't put their finger on the problem is a bit worrying. At this point I don't see any benefit in making any further team changes. What does concern me is that if we do beat a half baked Edinburgh team will it just paper over the cracks.

any idea as to why scott nicholls left? why he never turned up on practice day? the reason behind dean standing?

I believe a good part of the problem is since the track changes, its now easier to ride, a great deal safer BUT it offers no real home advantage and still remains challenging to overtake.

In we are honest, many of the races are decided coming out of bend 2 (with the exception of true racers or mistakes made), therefore if the boys have their gating boots there's a good chance we will secure all 3pts.