British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Great to have the british champion as your no1 will he still do the pairs now hes at cardiff?

Great stuff fron Danny tonight out in the dirt....

The lad deserved it.

Handled the conditions perfectly.

Disappointed for cookie but King made the right decision in the final.

• Like 1

General question here. If we do finish say 9th or 10th in this league. Can anyone tell me the last time we finished this low down in the second tier? Presumably we would be talking early 60's or late 50's.

Ipswich finished 11th in 1969 in British League Division Two as it was known at the time.

• Like 1

Great to have the british champion as your no1 will he still do the pairs now hes at cardiff?

I'd be very surprised if he did. Some don't bother when they're just reserves.

• Like 1

I thought the rule was that once riders have signed on for the GP (presumably on the Friday) they are not permitted to ride elsewhere so Danny will have no choice and not be allowed to ride at Somerset if he signs on on the Friday.

i guess he would have to do a Chris Harris and forego the practice.

Edited by WembleyLion

Hi bash. It does look like things are not rosy, but maybe only team wise. We were once in the elite league winning it, then slowly working our way towards the bottom of the league, until we finished bottom. We then entered the premier league, we started okay with good looking teams, but couldn't capitalise into decent trophies. Then just like the elite league we have now started working our way towards the bottom of the premier league. I have no answers why this is happening again and from a few posts i have read on here it seems we may only have this season to endure untit things may change.

Let's hope so.

The lad deserved it.

Must admit I feel the same, would love to have seen Cook when we're down at Cardiff, but with his attitude riding at Belle Vue + new tuners I think he will have a real chance of qualifying next year. As you say though, King was really classy tonight.

Unlikely.

Danny King will certainly be a popular winner with Berwick fans, who will doubtless give him a big welcome on Saturday night, in what will be his first match for the Witches as their British Champion.

• Like 4

The lad deserved it.

I can only agree, fully deserved his win and a really nice guy as well.

• Like 2

has there ever been a British champ that has picked up the wooden spoon in the same year ! honest question .

• Like 1

Is this the confidence boost that Daniel needs to kick on? This result must also make him a starter in the world cup team. Let's go with youth and enthusiasm. King Cook Lambert and S Worrall. Surely we have nothing to lose.

Edited by Kitykat

has there ever been a British champ that has picked up the wooden spoon in the same year ! honest question .

you are such a mischevious lttle imp!!

Im sure others have come up with different names but those are perhaps not within forum rules

• Like 2