British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

No that's fair enough and like you rightly say, each to their own. I was just a little confused at your post that seemingly started off anti EL and pro PL, (because you don't want to watch has beens like Nicholls), and then in the very same post seemed to become anti PL by naming journeyman riders who ride PL (Risager and Covatti) who are no longer good enough to be wanted in the EL.

The PL has seen plenty of riders use it as a retirement home who can no longer cut it in the EL. We could even see in a year or 2, the rider you don't want to watch, drop down a league and become predominantly a PL rider for his closing years..

The argument of preferring being competitive in the PL rather than struggle in the EL is a valid one, and one I'm sure is shared by plenty of others. But I don't think Chris Louis would risk ailing crowds by moving up and not being competitive. Things got pretty hairy last time if I remember rightly? and I'm sure he wouldn't risk Ipswich' future if he wasn't confident of at least being competitive.

Edited by Steve Irving

I'd to keep this side together... maybe Joe swapping with Coles at reserve?

Danny Ayres? James Shanes - no maybe not as he has turned us down twice?

Would be tough ditching Joe as he was a catalyst for the massif improvement in the team - as were we.

Connor and Danyon at reserve? I could buy that. But not for long, as Dan will be on a 6.5 before long, imo.

Wouldn't that be 2 3 pointers at reserve then? Danyon is still the 3 pointer isn't he?. Danyon would actually be my first pic for the team. He will be the best 3 pointer in the league. Jo did a fair job, but the Joe that rides for belle vue on a big track is far better than our Joe.

Edited by baldyman

But he is past his best. No one can deny that surely. And he will get worse, I want to watch someone get better.

And you are right it doesn't say much for the other riders. Most of the riders in the elite league bar a small handful are nothing more than premier league riders and some still race in the national league. He isn't exactly coming up against the best riders in the world constantly like he used to be years ago. If anyone thinks he is still as good as he was, needs to think again.

Obviously that's only my opinion. And when was the last time morten was a regular in the elite league? There is a reason for that. Covatti? Don't see many oh sorry any elite league team chasing after him all season.

Be interesting on your views on Greg Hancock young baldyman

Do you think he is on the decline or if you think he is what year did his decline start

Hancock is probably better now than he was 15 years ago. He isn't currently on the decline because of what he is best at, and that's making great starts. Out and out racers start to decline earlier in my opinion.

If Joe swapping with a 3 pointer means we can keep the top 5 then yes I'd do it....the 2 reserves Hume and Coles or Mountain would improve enough as the season progresses

If Joe swapping with a 3 pointer means we can keep the top 5 then yes I'd do it....the 2 reserves Hume and Coles or Mountain would improve enough as the season progresses

Problem with that is if they stick to the rules (yes I know stop laughing), then King must make a decision to ride either Elite league or Premier league only next season as he can't double up/down for a third consecutive year.

Stupid rule if you ask me . Can't that be classed as blocking someone's right to work . It's rules like that they need to change in this sport.

Problem with that is if they stick to the rules (yes I know stop laughing), then King must make a decision to ride either Elite league or Premier league only next season as he can't double up/down for a third consecutive year.

Doesn't it have to be full seasons? If so king has only done 2 hasn't he?

Doesn't it have to be full seasons? If so king has only done 2 hasn't he?

Yes. He can't double up/down for a third year so unless the rules change, Ipswich will need a new number 1 next year if A: King decides to remain in the Elite league (most likely), and B: Ipswich remain a Premier league club.

If the EL stays as is then more teams are needed to increase the number of meetings.

Then the likes of King Kennett Masters etc will have to stay EL only thus reducing the strength of the PL

opening up opportunities for NL boys starting with 6 and 7 being drafts.

I think we will just have to wait and see on the rules and regulations front till after the agm meeting of the Muppets who always screw things up in some way or another.

Getting back to this season it will be interesting to see how Somerset line up for the playoff semi.

If I'm reading the latest green sheet averages correctly Tungate takes over as their new number one and given his obvious dislike of the Foxhall track a strong No2 will be needed or they will struggle to score big points in Ipswich in those positions. At home they will obviously be good because his average hasn't increased for no reason.

I'm sure however the possibilities will be discussed heavily when the relevant thread is started.

Who knows what the regulations will be for next season and how they will then be interpreted and changed and even, which league the Witches will be in next season.

No reason to start talking about 2017 now when 2016 is still so much with us and the Ipswich 2016 Thread can carry on being the most posted on 2016 Thread on the BSF.

Yes, Rohan has moved to No. 1 for October for the Rebels. Well done Romance - a quite brilliant season from you.

Goes to prove if you get right rider on the right track they can improve. Heeps should have a choice of tracks next season and I hope he chooses a bigger one for his benifit.