British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Borrowing MrMungos numbers from the 2015 thread, and presuming 42.5 remains (and we don't go EL!).

King: 9.54

Manzares: 5.43

Heeps: 5.87

Tungate: 7.74

Nielsen: 4.74

Covatti: 7.55

Morris: 4.53

Rohan's season-ending form was reflected in his late increase, but was still well down on last year - that makes him a bargain on that average, so I can't see CL letting him go.

Covatti doesn't need to be mentioned, everyone else is doing that. The two reserves upped their numbers and will probably stay, whilst we finally got the big-hitting number one we always wanted - hallelujah! Lets hope that's the end of the Witches number one curse!

That just leaves the enigma that is Cameron Heeps, who actually gained a half a point on his average - you want riders to do this, but perhaps by more than he did. Too much though (and if too many in the team do it), and you have to make significant changes. However, Cam is still young though, so I think CL (who is known for being loyal) will persevere with him for another year at least, unless the team-building averages conspire against the team.

I suspect that Gino will have to give way, seeing as he is likely to be not qualified, and he lost over half a point off his average. However, removing his average only leaves us with 2.53 to play with not even enough for a decent NL rider.

On this basis, Heeps may well have to go, because if your reinstate Gino and remove Cam, you've got 2.97 left, still not quite enough. That would be relying on Gino doing well in a state championship though - perhaps he and his mate Greg can persuade the US authorities to fit one in!

Realistcially, losing Cam and Gino only gives you 6.4 for two riders, which is enough for 2 decent NL riders - if you could find them though! Losing Gino plus a reserve only leaves you (for two riders) either 5.06 if Morris goes as well, or 4.85 if Neilsen goes with Gino - not a lot!

So the question is, will CL be conservative and loyal and go for two decent NL riders for Gino and Cam, or will he be more ruthless and chop Gino and Rohan, leaving him with 8.27 to play with?

Could Ritchie be recalled on his current 3.35, which he would surely increase? That would leave something to play with on any of those scenarios, but it's unlikely if PH is still the team manager.

As many have said, it's a lot of fun speculating in this way, but what I'm no good at is suggesting who might fill those vacant numbers - any thoughts out there?

Edited by Travertine

Gino won't be back next season, so count him out. Cam needs to move to a track like Peterborough for his own good. Rohan needs the same thing really or a slicker prepared track like Redcar, which he is meant to like. I like stefan and his determination, but sadly I think he has an awkward style and don't really see him improving much more due to this, which is a shame.

So for me I would only want Danny nico and maybe ash back depending on who else is in the team.

Borrowing MrMungos numbers from the 2015 thread, and presuming 42.5 remains (and we don't go EL!).

King: 9.54

Manzares: 5.43

Heeps: 5.87

Tungate: 7.74

Nielsen: 4.74

Covatti: 7.55

Morris: 4.53

Rohan's season-ending form was reflected in his late increase, but was still well down on last year - that makes him a bargain on that average, so I can't see CL letting him go.

Covatti doesn't need to be mentioned, everyone else is doing that. The two reserves upped their numbers and will probably stay, whilst we finally got the big-hitting number one we always wanted - hallelujah! Lets hope that's the end of the Witches number one curse!

That just leaves the enigma that is Cameron Heeps, who actually gained a half a point on his average - you want riders to do this, but perhaps by more than he did. Too much though (and if too many in the team do it), and you have to make significant changes. However, Cam is still young though, so I think CL (who is known for being loyal) will persevere with him for another year at least, unless the team-building averages conspire against the team.

I suspect that Gino will have to give way, seeing as he is likely to be not qualified, and he lost over half a point off his average. However, removing his average only leaves us with 2.53 to play with not even enough for a decent NL rider.

On this basis, Heeps may well have to go, because if your reinstate Gino and remove Cam, you've got 2.97 left, still not quite enough. That would be relying on Gino doing well in a state championship though - perhaps he and his mate Greg can persuade the US authorities to fit one in!

Realistcially, losing Cam and Gino only gives you 6.4 for two riders, which is enough for 2 decent NL riders - if you could find them though! Losing Gino plus a reserve only leaves you (for two riders) either 5.06 if Morris goes as well, or 4.85 if Neilsen goes with Gino - not a lot!

So the question is, will CL be conservative and loyal and go for two decent NL riders for Gino and Cam, or will he be more ruthless and chop Gino and Rohan, leaving him with 8.27 to play with?

Could Ritchie be recalled on his current 3.35, which he would surely increase? That would leave something to play with on any of those scenarios, but it's unlikely if PH is still the team manager.

As many have said, it's a lot of fun speculating in this way, but what I'm no good at is suggesting who might fill those vacant numbers - any thoughts out there?

It's worth remembering that some may well still be eligible for a reduction. It's never a lot, but every little helps!

That would be the x 0.6 Conversion factor on PL averages for riders without an EL average for next season then?

ah yes, my mistake. got really mixed up there..

You have your finger in too many pies

An important close season for us this year. Just realised this was the last season of "Sackers" three year sponsorship deal.

Will be interesting if they stay on board and renew or decide they've done enough.

Will have a huge bearing on our plans for 2016 I'd have thought.

I'm sure a Mr Louis has got a bumper Promotion package lined up to support the team for next season

Plenty of money to build a team

Oh hang on Glasgow tried that this season and its not working for them

I'm sure a Mr Louis has got a bumper Promotion package lined up to support the team for next season

Oh hang on Glasgow tried that this season and its not

working for them

Another one that knows how much Glasgow spent

Oh hang on no he doesn't.

An important close season for us this year. Just realised this was the last season of "Sackers" three year sponsorship deal.

Will be interesting if they stay on board and renew or decide they've done enough.

Will have a huge bearing on our plans for 2016 I'd have thought.

Well, I did have a decent conversation with 'Mr Sacker' at the end of the last deal, when i was down with Newcastle. Nice guy and family, and enthusiastic toward the Witches.

If you need me to pop down, just give me a call. :P

• Like 1

Oh hang on Glasgow tried that this season and its not working for them

I'm sorry but people on here are just stating facts that they think are correct, it happens on every thread.

1Glasgow promotion spent money to buy the land that the ground was on and that will let them develop long term

2 It has also been stated that they are paying good wages, what is wrong with that ?

3.They built their team to the same limit as everyone else.

Maybe you need to take a trip up to Glasgow to see the magnificent work they have done and are continuing to do, then maybe we would respect your opinion.

God that was hard :-)

• Like 2

I'm sorry but people on here are just stating facts that they think are correct, it happens on every thread.

1Glasgow promotion spent money to buy the land that the ground was on and that will let them develop long term

2 It has also been stated that they are paying good wages, what is wrong with that ?

3.They built their team to the same limit as everyone else.

Maybe you need to take a trip up to Glasgow to see the magnificent work they have done and are continuing to do, then maybe we would respect your opinion.

God that was hard :-)

Your giving them to much credit here ekimba. But what you have said is spot on. So to even it out a bit, they are still mince when it comes to on track duties. That's better!

• Like 2

Your giving them to much credit here ekimba. But what you have said is spot on. So to even it out a bit, they are still mince when it comes to on track duties. That's better!

I prefer ekimbas reasoned reply so shut it.

• Like 3

I prefer ekimbas reasoned reply so shut it.

It can't be a post about Glasgow without having some sort of dig.

• Like 1