British Speedway Forum
Terrace Grumbler

Newcastle Announcement 27 September

More likely the Boldon Track just outside of Sunderland. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ;):blink:

no way,,, am not having that like :(

i would not think it is bad news but if it is then it would be pretty poor leaving it until another two weeks as the supporters deserve to know straight away especially the ones who have stuck with the team this year - my guess it's not stating the closure as that would be a kick in the balls for the fans having to wait two weeks.

yeah,,, but if its bad news, the greedy promoters might lose some revenue from the last meeting ;)

I think it will be good news tho :)

Edited by ruffdiamond

I have a slight concern that; there is a new housing development up the road from the stadium and its been pretty well known that William Hill have been loosing money on the dogs for some time now, could it be sold for housing?... Would tie up with what George said on sunday that nothing is signed or confirmed yet... Other than that I hope that it is going to a Monday night would be far easier for me to get there,,, I also think if its the latter it may also contain the announcement of the re-union of the twins.

Only if George found a pot of gold in that hole which developed at the entry to the first bend during the match against Edinburgh on Sunday. :t:

My guess is. we are running next year and potentially moving to a Monday :o:o

Would the Stadium and the Local Residents be OK with that I wonder. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure::blink:

I've heard that 'Lada' are to relaunch in Britain soon :)

Haha!! Good one RD. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ian, is Boldon inside the Sunderland boundaries? If so, will I need my passport and inoculation certificate?

• Like 1

Ian, is Boldon inside the Sunderland boundaries? If so, will I need my passport and inoculation certificate?

there's to be 'border control' at the tunnel,,,

Only on your way out, just in case. :D:P

• Like 1

No Ernie - you will be made most welcome. :t:;):rofl: :rofl:

Cheeky bugger. ;):rofl: :rofl:

Dave is still jokie so looks like it's not bad news as I'm sure he will know :P mind you be could be just off his head also mind :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

I have a slight concern that; there is a new housing development up the road from the stadium and its been pretty well known that William Hill have been loosing money on the dogs for some time now, could it be sold for housing?

Strange that they spent a lot of money renewing the terracing if that was the case.

• Like 1

Strange that they spent a lot of money renewing the terracing if that was the case.

whatever they spent, would be clarty rags to someone like William Hill,,, who would just shaft the price of the land up to 'absorb' any losses,,, then the supermarket purchaser would just pass the price onto the customer, its simple business maths :)

Maybe the diamonds are going to relocate to Sunderland!!!

Well that would suit me, but from memory the dog track at Boldon is different from how it was in the 70's - if I'm right there is no open terracing at all now, anf if so it would be watching speedway from a goldfish bowl

I recall someone saying (years ago) that the rental would be very high, and there's also the question of planning permission.

I wouldn't much fancy going back to Monday nights, either.