British Speedway Forum
Comet Dan

Workington 2016

why dont you get back to some proper banter instead of bad mouthing riders off .it a sport/job,

You're barking up the wrong tree there pal. I've not been happy with our team for years. Have another go

Campton has hardly had a chance yet compared to most, his spells in Britain have been stop start due to Visa issues, and even the season he had in 2014 was stop start due to him carrying an injury from June and Comets not having a fixture for 6 weeks at one stage.

The guy is only 22, and has shown his potential with great results in the National and State Championships over the last 2/3 years, no reason why he won't add to his average next year, he was averaging 6.85 in 2014 in the main body of the team up until around June when the fixture situation and an injury knock didn't exactly help.

Not bad mouthing - just statistical facts......

why dont you get back to some proper banter instead of bad mouthing riders off .it a sport/job,

What's your definition of "proper banter?"

They're sportsman, so they're fair game. Why should they be any different from footballers, cricketers, tennis players etc?

Once his name started being bandied around Mason signing had that air of inevitability about it?

Well, we have him now so we'll just have to wait and see if he really can be as good as a few on here expect him to be or, another let down?

Five pts off leaves us with what, 6/6.5pts to play with, interesting area to play in that, should be a useful performer somewhere we can get, any chance we'll be done this side of Christmas? ;)

What's your definition of "proper banter?"

They're sportsman, so they're fair game. Why should they be any different from footballers, cricketers, tennis players etc?

COME ON GUYS give the lad a chance he's coming 12,000 miles to entertain the general public and don't deserve to be ridiculed with some of the stick he's been getting on here. he's making the effort why can't you just give him the chance instead of writing him off even before he's turned a wheel.
  • Like 3

how do you know how good they are until you give them a good run in the pl and let them get some track knowledge .

everyone deserves a good chance .real deal tungate took a while to get going , now ippo dont have him .

boxhall was always rubbish , as was neath when he came to workington . but we didn't mind .lol.

Chris Neath averages 5.4 in his first full season and never dropped below 6.5 after that, Tungate got 6.5 in his first season and I seem to remember Boxall being 4 in his first year and not dropping below 5.5 after that. You've picked 3 really poor examples :D

COME ON GUYS give the lad a chance he's coming 12,000 miles to entertain the general public and don't deserve to be ridiculed with some of the stick he's been getting on here. he's making the effort why can't you just give him the chance instead of writing him off even before he's turned a wheel.

Hes turned a wheel. He's had two seasons and failed to average 5!

COME ON GUYS give the lad a chance he's coming 12,000 miles to entertain the general public.

How very kind of him.....

Well , now I know why I haven't been on here in a while , same old rubbishe different day !!!!!

Go show them Mason !!!

SCB it's nearly Xmas get ya self out and off here , there's a big big world out there

• Like 1

Well , now I know why I haven't been on here in a while , same old rubbishe different day !!!!!

Go show them Mason !!!

SCB it's nearly Xmas get ya self out and off here , there's a big big world out there

ive missed you :)
  • Like 2

How very kind of him.....

Just a pathetic negative reply perhaps you should try getting out a bit it might cure your scarcasm, although i'm not so sure

Just a pathetic negative reply perhaps you should try getting out a bit it might cure your scarcasm, although i'm not so sure

not as pathetic as thinking he's coming over to do us a favor ....Back the brits!!!
  • Like 2

not as pathetic as thinking he's coming over to do us a favor ....Back the brits!!!

Why else would he leave a job to come all this way? He just wants to entertain!