British Speedway Forum
Comet Dan

Workington 2016

A brief outline of the issue is that it is Ty's decision that he wants to continue with his residency qualification and therefore has to come on a Tier 2 visa. The problem is he needs to be out of the UK for 12 months after his previous visa expired, which was last May. He could come in straight away on a Tier 5 visa but is choosing to wait. We will issue a full statement later today.

Surely after last years trouble Procter knew this when signed for Comets .the Question is Did the Comets know ?

Surely after last years trouble Procter knew this when signed for Comets .the Question is Did the Comets know ?

Looks like probably not as I am sure they wouldn't have gone with his signing had they known he was after a Tier 2 visa, which obviously means he would be out of the Country till May.

Both parties were aware it was a Tier 5, Ty has since decided it's not the right option for him. It's understandable if he's looking for permanent residency.

• Like 1

maybe he should not have done the start of the season last year if he had a bit of forward thinking. but thats gone now and here comes compo.

i can see him fitting in @ scunny when klink moves on and holub gets his proper average . no r/r for him ,so looks like a replacement, maybe a new guy .

workington pull off a master stroke by getting jason crump in for the unavailable ty proctor . he will come in on a 7.00 average because he has been inactive for the last few years . gutted for ty, but jason will do a decent job while here .

workington pull off a master stroke by getting jason crump in for the unavailable ty proctor . he will come in on a 7.00 average because he has been inactive for the last few years . gutted for ty, but jason will do a decent job while here .

We haven't got 7 points to play with Jenga.....

Otherwise he was a cert!

• Like 2

i think you are getting him mixed up with mitchell davey .

We haven't got 7 points to play with Jenga.....

Otherwise he was a cert!

i am sure we have enough points to fit in crumpy .

Had them down as genuine title contenders, Workington will do well to find another rider who can increase his average as much as they had hoped from Proctor.

Could Rene fit Bach in??

Back finished last season on an average of 7-42, so its unlikely he will be in the Workington team for the start of the season.

I fully expect Andre Compton to fill in at Workington, if Andre does well enough then Ty could find himself having problems getting his place back.

on the other hand , if some of the team,williamson ,hansen,,vissing or even campton increase their total team averages more than 00.18 in total . this increase will freeze ty out of any re declaration of the team and he could find himself out of a job until injuries kick in with other teams. building a team with an increase in mind is what its all about. you dont win the league with a team total of 42.50.

we are not a stepping stone to British citizenship. in my opinion .

and then there is the small matter of work sponsor..

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Y

on the other hand , if some of the team,williamson ,hansen,,vissing or even campton increase their total team averages more than 00.18 in total . this increase will freeze ty out of any re declaration of the team and he could find himself out of a job until injuries kick in with other teams. building a team with an increase in mind is what its all about. you dont win the league with a team total of 42.50.

we are not a stepping stone to British citizenship. in my opinion .

Have to agree can't afford to win too many matches with so little in hand .Think Ty was being a bit naughty here.Might backfire on him.